Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GT website reporting that the school has already...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 5,562

GT website reporting that the school has already...

Nov 28, 2018, 8:50 PM

honed in on TE as the successor. I can’t possibly imagine him taking a job where he knows he’s going to coach against Dabo every year.

Plus, the only thing GT has going for it is the fertile recruiting grounds of the state in which it resides. But, it will always play second fiddle to UGA since it cannot compete with the facilities or the “scenery”.

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/georgia-tech-football/2018/11/28/18116824/source-georgia-tech-zeroes-clemson-oc-tony-elliott-paul-johnson-retirement

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There just allowing GT to say that so Dabo get him some

Nov 28, 2018, 8:57 PM

more money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it would be a great opportunity for him***

Nov 28, 2018, 8:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it would be a great opportunity for him***

Nov 28, 2018, 9:05 PM

Would be a great hire and opportunity for him.Would love to see his offense.

Re: I think it would be a great opportunity for him***

Nov 28, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to I think it would be a great opportunity for him*** ]

So do I, and one of the reasons would be, they would have to give Tony plenty of time to get it going there bc he would be completely changing the offensive system there. And that would take 4 to 6 years of recruiting to go from triple option type players, to a fast pace spread option offence bc that is all that Tony knows. And he would have to hire and fire staff until he gets the right crew in there that all can work together. There is no doubt he would follow Dabo's way of building a solid program that can compete at the highest level bc, that also is all that Tony knows!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT website reporting that the school has already...

Nov 28, 2018, 9:08 PM

More reliable GT beat guys are saying there is no primary target currently.

Re: GT website reporting that the school has already...

Nov 28, 2018, 9:39 PM

If Tony was willing to choke himself to death and take the GT job, I don't think that we would ever have to worry about him dirty recruiting against his Alumni, or his good friend Dabo. I just don't believe that Tony would do that, dirty recruit against us!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really wish you guys

Nov 28, 2018, 10:30 PM

could hold off on posting stuff like this until after the ACCCG. Besides, I REALLY doubt that Coach Elliott would be shortsighted enough to jump on GT. I also doubt that he is taking time to talk with other suitors during this part of the season/year. It would require him to break his commitment to his players, Clemson, etc.

Personally, I think it looks bad for this sort of thing to be on TigerNet during the runup to Championship Season. But that's just me. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree****

Nov 29, 2018, 12:31 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 5,562
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic