Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Think we beat Kansas as long as we contain their Center
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Think we beat Kansas as long as we contain their Center

Mar 23, 2018, 7:57 AM

Just my opinion, but after watching a few Kansas games over the last few days, I feel good about our chances - as long as we can limit the production of their 7-foot Center, Udoka "Doke" Azubuike. We match up favorably with them at every other position.

Azubuike has been injured since the beginning of March, but came back in their last game against Seton Hall and was the reason they won. His biggest weakness, one that I hope CBB can exploit, is that he is absolutely terrible at free throws. He is shooting around 40% over his career and has gone 2 for 11 in the last 6 games he has played in. He is at his worst in close games and pressure situations. He has missed the front end on over 75% of his one and one foul shots. Given that it's no secret how bad he is at free throws, i'm not sure why more teams haven't intentionally fouled him in the right situations. Oklahoma did that earlier in the year and it sure worked for them (the article below is about that game). This is what their coach had to say about it. Not exactly a vote of confidence:

“They are all going to try to foul him. You think one scouting report says when he’s got a layup make sure you foul him and don’t give him an and-one? That’s every scouting report. He’s got to be able to do it."
"It’s between his ears as much as anything,” Self said. “The best free-throw shooters are the best shooters. Doke is never going to be one of those. Doke this year has made a handful of shots from 3 feet, probably not made any outside 3 feet this year. That’s not what he does. We’ve known that all along."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article196300459.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think we beat Kansas as long as we contain their Center

Mar 23, 2018, 9:37 AM

dude is 280lbs. Best we can do is a hack a Shaq with Donnell

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to contain their centers and we need....

Mar 23, 2018, 9:44 AM

Thomas to do well offensively and not get in foul trouble.

I think it all comes down to how the refs let us play.***

Mar 23, 2018, 9:46 AM

Re: I think it all comes down to how the refs let us play.***

Mar 23, 2018, 11:46 AM

Yessir. That is why we won the last 2. Thomas and Simms would have fouled out against Auburn if it were ACC play.

Re: I think it all comes down to how the refs let us play.***

Mar 23, 2018, 12:52 PM [ in reply to I think it all comes down to how the refs let us play.*** ]

This. I don’t think the refs let us play against KU 2n. I hope they do though, we stand a great chance if so

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic