Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: T-Law a 2018 Heisman contender? National analyst says "Book it, it's gonna happen"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: T-Law a 2018 Heisman contender? National analyst says "Book it, it's gonna happen"

Jun 11, 2018, 2:35 PM

T-Law a 2018 Heisman contender? National analyst says "Book it, it's gonna happen"

The latest Heisman odds are out, and one national radio host is on the Trevor Lawrence bandwagon despite Lawrence not being listed. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: T-Law a 2018 Heisman contender? National analyst says "Book it, it's gonna happen"

Jun 11, 2018, 2:44 PM

cart way before horse on this one. reminds me of Beano's-- Ron Powlus will win two Heismans prediction. The kid may be great but lets let him play some college ball before we jump the gun

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he wins the Heisman twice before he leaves.

Jun 11, 2018, 2:51 PM

I also think he is 1st pick in the draft in 3 years too.

Twice?

Jun 11, 2018, 2:59 PM

That's not setting the bar high or anything. Wow

I know.*****

Jun 11, 2018, 3:17 PM

Re: I know.*****

Jun 11, 2018, 4:01 PM

I think he wins the heisman once and is the first round draft pick twice. book it

Strange as it is that could happen.***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he wins the Heisman twice before he leaves.

Jun 11, 2018, 5:16 PM [ in reply to I think he wins the Heisman twice before he leaves. ]

I like the way you think

Re: New Story: T-Law a 2018 Heisman contender? National analyst says "Book it, it's gonna happen"

Jun 11, 2018, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: T-Law a 2018 Heisman contender? National analyst says "Book it, it's gonna happen" ]

This topic is giving me flashbacks to Obama being awarded the Noble Prize.

^ OBAMMA was a whimp & should have got the Piece Award instead

Jun 12, 2018, 8:29 PM

imho!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 2:57 PM

I believe he will be the heisman winner this year and it won't be close. "The future is so bright, I gotta wear shades"

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

If they awarded the Heisman on looks and potential

Jun 11, 2018, 3:26 PM

then he'd already have it. I'm thinking that they need to slooooww this train down a little and lets see how he acts on the field during games.

I remember the same preseason hype for Willie Korn and Hunter Johnson.

whoa Nelly....let's give it some time. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

im not saying he is going to win it

Jun 11, 2018, 3:30 PM

but come on man....Willy Korn? Korn was nowhere near the talent that this kid is. Korn was an average 4 star QB. Lawrence was the number 1 QB in his class. Korn was so hyped because at the time we weren't bringing in 5 star players left and right. now we are.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson is the only QB we've had in several decades...

Jun 11, 2018, 4:22 PM

that compares to Trevor. Imo, DW was a little too reckless with his body the first year. He got better during his second season but he still ran over blocker sometimes. We lost DW several times to injuries which left us with Cole behind center. That coupled with Morris' obstinate play calling cost us dearly.

TL has shown no propensity to risk injury so far and we have coaches who will call plays according to how a QB is playing. Imo, TL may be better than DW but he has a long way to go to prove it.

I've seen enough to suspect TL gets in the games earlier and earlier as time goes on. That's if he is still working on mastery of the playbook. He doesn't strike me as being a kid that will find our playbook too difficult to learn. Imo, it's a matter of proving what he knows on the field. He's already proven he's the best we have right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not enough tus for this^^^^^^

Jun 11, 2018, 6:34 PM

Perfect explanation of the early Watson era. Too many are short sighted and blame everthing on dabo and Stoudt.

Good post.***

Jun 12, 2018, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Watson is the only QB we've had in several decades... ]

Can we please not turn this ghetto? We don't need stupid

Jun 11, 2018, 4:24 PM

concatenations like T-Law. He has a name. Trevor. Or give him a nickname. But that just sounds ridiculous.

Re: Can we please not turn this ghetto? We don't need stupid

Jun 11, 2018, 5:36 PM

+1

Re: Can we please not turn this ghetto? We don't need stupid

Jun 13, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Can we please not turn this ghetto? We don't need stupid ]

T-Law isn't a nickname ?

Sounds like a nickname to me . Maybe I don't understand just what a nickname should sound like .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 11, 2018, 6:32 PM

I don't think he can win the Heisman splitting time with Kelly Bryant as the official starter. If Trevor Lawrence is given the reigns starting at the Furman game I think he has a chance.

Maybe 2019 or 2020

Jun 14, 2018, 3:37 PM

The only way Trevor Lawrence is a Heisman contender in 2018 is if he wins the job in fall camp (unlikely) or if KB2 gets injured early in the season, like Jacob Eason did at UGA.

If he's not a full time starter early, then he's not going to put up the numbers to get the votes by the end of the season.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic