Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tee Higgins talks Tennessee, basketball and recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New Story: Tee Higgins talks Tennessee, basketball and recruiting

Jul 16, 2016, 8:01 AM

Tee Higgins talks Tennessee, basketball and recruiting

Clemson wide receiver commit Tee Higgins has had a busy month of July, starting with his commitment to Clemson on Independence Day in a viral Bleacher Report video. How did the video come about? What does he say about Tennessee? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice interview. I know that it's easy to

Jul 16, 2016, 8:08 AM

Say because a lot of us were upset with RG but this is just a kid making a tough decision. Bert respectful of Tennessee and speaks highly of them. Best thing Tenn fans can do is wish him luck and show some class. Answered these questions very well and a window into his mind of how tough of a decision this was. Band to be fair to the vols there record has improved 3 years in a row. They still don't pass as much as they should so I think this is there year to either break 10 wins or show that they've plateaud.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very not Bert***

Jul 16, 2016, 8:09 AM

Re: Nice interview. I know that it's easy to

Jul 16, 2016, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Nice interview. I know that it's easy to ]

Great interview for a kid still in high school.

Re: Nice interview. I know that it's easy to

Jul 16, 2016, 11:01 PM

That it was!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of yall owe Brownell an apology...again.

Jul 16, 2016, 8:41 AM

Is basketball something you want to do on the college level?

“No, I want to play strictly football.”

Said it 2x in interview. He even intimated that it was on the table at UT but he still wanted Clemson football only.

Re: Some of yall owe Brownell an apology...again.

Jul 16, 2016, 8:56 AM

Calling @NorthAlabamaTiger

Hello?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of yall owe Brownell an apology...again.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:53 AM

> Calling @NorthAlabamaTiger
>
> Hello?

He may be from Bama but is certainly not a Tiger of the Clemson variety. Surprised he has fooled your guys for so long.

Brownell owes us an apology for the state of his program.

Jul 16, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Some of yall owe Brownell an apology...again. ]

Nfm

Re Brownell owes us apology forthe state ofhis program.why?

Jul 16, 2016, 12:32 PM

what the matter w the Palmetto state?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't think Dabo would let him play both sports.

Jul 16, 2016, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Some of yall owe Brownell an apology...again. ]

He's entering manhood and it's high time he quit playing with life and chose he path. I always believed that UT would lie and promise him a shot at basketball then pressure him to focus on football exclusively. My guess was that the lie might sway him to UT. I think the knowledge of Clemson Football's moral compass and the direction the needle points was the ultimate difference.

Some fit in at Clemson and they are fit to be called Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They sure do! Ridiculous that they wanted our basketball

Jul 16, 2016, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Some of yall owe Brownell an apology...again. ]

program to give him a roster spot just to help the football team recruit him. I'm sure we won't get an apology from those morons though, because they don't have the class to own up to their mistakes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I wish he was coming in this year so he could be mentored

Jul 16, 2016, 9:21 AM

By Williams and Amari could be mentored by Scott and Hunter being mentored by Watson. It would help them tremendously in the long run. They all 3 will be tremendous players for Clemson and i cant wait to see what theyre capable of at the college level. Go Tigers!

Hard to believe they

Jul 16, 2016, 9:42 AM

could be better......but you nailed it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I wish he was coming in this year so he could be mentored

Jul 17, 2016, 12:03 AM [ in reply to I wish he was coming in this year so he could be mentored ]

We do have a lot of leadership to help guide our players down the best path for them. I like the maturity this young man has shown. He is a great get for Clemosn, but I also will say that Clemson is a great get for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's just something about Clemson" - Tee Higgins

Jul 16, 2016, 10:29 AM

Really, the amount of times that sentence has been said.... It should be the unofficial motto for Clemson University.

Tee gets it***

Jul 16, 2016, 11:03 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: "There's just something about Clemson" - Tee Higgins

Jul 17, 2016, 12:06 AM [ in reply to "There's just something about Clemson" - Tee Higgins ]

I agree, but I think it really is pretty much an "official" motto recruits take away from Clemson.

Re: New Story: Tee Higgins talks Tennessee, basketball and recruiting

Jul 16, 2016, 11:21 AM

Tee has made his decision and I hope he just concentrates on getting better.
It's time to just focus on keeping his grades up and working hard on the field .
He will have plenty of the spot light at Clemson if he keeps his head right.

Jul 16, 2016, 11:46 AM

Welcome to the fam Tee. And I like the way he answered the TN question... Pompous ######## like Chad Kelly would have taken that opportunity to make jabs but Tee kept it classy and all love. So very happy to have this young man on our team!

Jul 17, 2016, 12:10 AM

e. I think Chad Kelley is one who slipped through a crack somewhere to get into Clemson and to glimpse the "Clemson Experience". He was a good athlete, but not the best we had. He couldn't accept it. His leaving is his loss.

Heck, I wouldn't rule out basketball

Jul 16, 2016, 12:32 PM

See if Brad Brownell can work him (Higgins) into an early practice. See where he's at,
and go from there.

I hope not ...

Jul 16, 2016, 1:57 PM

... His high school coach was quoted recently saying he never saw Higgins in the weight room because of basketball. The coach cited getting stronger as the area where Higgins most needs to improve. I hope Higgens only participates in Clemson basketball as a fan.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's true, then....

Jul 16, 2016, 3:34 PM

I agree...
He does need to get stronger.

9 man, just like NUK

Jul 16, 2016, 11:32 PM [ in reply to I hope not ... ]

basketball, too, just like NUK, and we all know what happened once NUK committed exclusively to football.

I think he wanted to play basketball...

Jul 16, 2016, 3:59 PM

and one school told him he could...

The other sat him down and told him that it would be best for him and his future if he chose between one or the other...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he wanted to play basketball...

Jul 16, 2016, 4:24 PM

Makes sense to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2016, 11:00 PM

Great job with the interview. He showed a lot of class in defending his position and his decision, even though he was being baited by the UT interviewer. Still, he showed class in being positive. Positive about UT, and positive and entirely honest about his thoughts on Clemson and on the reasons for his ultimate decision. He could not have chosen better, and he will look back and see that he chose wisely, very wisely, in the long run.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic