Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seems like this team has progressed and now stagnant at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Seems like this team has progressed and now stagnant at

Dec 1, 2013, 6:15 PM

10-2, almost an exact replay of last year. We lost to two highly ranked teams this year. Logically, the next step is to take this program past that. I would say that is a reasonable expectation. I know we're replacing Tajh and Sammy, but we've recruited the talent and other teams across the board are losing their starters as well.

Here's the deal. Forget the coots for a moment. Who knows, they may return to a 7-4 type of team next year and we may beat them relatively easy. My question is, what about the FSUs and UGAs. Both of those games are away and should be very tough match-ups on the road. I can honestly see us going 10-2 again next year, maybe even 9-3 IF we don't progress and stay stagnant.

My question to you all is, would this be reasonable, even if it means a W over the coots? At what point do we make changes (whatever that entails)? Needless to say, I think the pressure is now on. If this team reverts back to under 10 wins and God forbid another loss to the coots, there will definitely be some changes made. I think at this point, something pivotal must happen with this program.

I know some are going to say it is silly to start thinking this way when we are winning 10 games a season, but lets be honest...a few of these ACC teams may actually get better in the near future and we may have just a tough OOC schedule in the future. I think next season will have to be a big season for our program, or people's jobs may be in jeopardy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did UGA's QB do against GT? What is his name?

Dec 1, 2013, 6:20 PM

UGA could be in almost the same boat as us with QB play. Perhaps last nights disappointment helps returning players to play big in Athens.

Our recruiting needs to stay in the top 10-15 range. We need to finish strong in February. A bowl game win can help us out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he did decent...shows some promise.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:25 PM

Thing is, home field advantage will be huge and we really don't know how our backup QBs will perform against stout (no pun intended) competition.

Plus, who knows what may happen to Jameis if that case progresses...

Re: I think he did decent...shows some promise.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:32 PM

I see losses to UGA and FSU next year, and possible losses to USC and maybe one other unexpected team. 8-4 at worst. Thing is, 8-4 with a loss to USC might be end of the road for Dabo.

I think that is true as well. I think the pressure is on

Dec 1, 2013, 6:34 PM

this off season to field a team that does not make the same mistakes these previous years.

That depends on...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:31 PM

Who we really want to be. If we are content with all of our wins coming against the horribly bad ACC teams and the SOCON, with high hopes and little else going into the FSU and coot games (or UGA games, Auburn games, whoever), then we should stay the course and join Dan Rodriquez in this afternoon's twitter chorus.

If we want to be real contenders and truly competitive at the highest level (in other words, to actually BE who we were PRETENDING to be all season), Dabo and staff will have to improve dramatically; or, Dabo will have to be replaced with a better football coach at some point before too many seasons go by.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like this team has progressed and now stagnant at

Dec 1, 2013, 7:59 PM

We are a 7 & 5 team next year. Losses at UGA, BC, FSU, GT, and of course, the chickens. And possibly 6 & 6 if we drop a ### kind of game.

Re: Seems like this team has progressed and now stagnant at

Dec 1, 2013, 8:11 PM

again your a loser

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic