Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson on upset alert vs. Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson on upset alert vs. Auburn

Aug 12, 2016, 8:31 AM

Clemson on upset alert vs. Auburn

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only a matter of time

Aug 12, 2016, 8:33 AM

I'm guessing at least 8 weeks this season we will be on upset alert.

Re: only a matter of time

Aug 12, 2016, 8:56 AM

Where is Heather Dinich working now, is she still with ESECPN? She loves putting Clemson on an upset list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Andrea Adelson is the designated ESPN acc beat reporter Clemson hater***

Aug 12, 2016, 9:49 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: only a matter of time

Aug 12, 2016, 1:16 PM [ in reply to only a matter of time ]

> I'm guessing at least 8 weeks this season we will be
> on upset alert.
More like 15 weeks.....

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson on upset alert vs. Auburn

Aug 12, 2016, 8:35 AM

We need more of this

Ah Tradition

Aug 12, 2016, 8:35 AM

Tradition

nothing new this year with the writers.

Aug 12, 2016, 8:38 AM

Re: Ah Tradition

Aug 12, 2016, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Ah Tradition ]

Is Bama on upset alert? lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers on upset alert with Auburn

Aug 12, 2016, 8:42 AM

but will be unbeaten going into the GT game

Aug 12, 2016, 8:43 AM

Of course.

But since when is 7 points such a huge favorite?

Aug 13, 2016, 9:13 AM

You are right. It should be much greater than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told you all that Marshall could beat Louisville....

Aug 12, 2016, 8:47 AM

Mark it down, remember it.

Re: I told you all that Marshall could beat Louisville....

Aug 12, 2016, 12:32 PM

And what do that have to do with Clemson being on an upset alert against Aubum. I don't see the correlation with Clemson being on an upset alert here unless, you are saying that you feel or believe that we will be upset at Aubum!!! If that is what you are saying, for me, it isn't worth remembering, and I'm surly not marking it down bc it ain't happening. Home field advantage helps but, let's not forget that Aubum will be crippled or hobbled in their first game of the season looking for answers at QB and RB.

They have problems to fix by the first game. Aubum is a lot more in the dark with their offense than we are with our defense. QB and RB question at the start of a season will be much harder to fix than a couple of players in a secondary. Plus, even if Aubum was going to have the best defense in the land this year, they (Kevin Steele) still couldn't shut DW4 down with our proven powerful offense that should be even better this season. Their isn't one crack in the armor of our offense, with just a hairline fracture in our defense that I believe our front 7 will be able to take a lot of pressure off our secondary.

Also without a doubt I believe our offense will be better than the offense that we went against Bama's #1 defense that we faced in the NCG. Remember, and mark this down. I'm very much a believer in God and that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior without any question. But if Jesus was to come to me and say that Aubum was going to beat Clemson, without doubting his word, I would have to ask Jesus why was Aubum being gifted with a miracle, bc I believe that is what it will take for Aubum to win this game. Yes I have several pair of orange shades, I have a bunch of orange kool aid and Gator aid, and I am allorangeallthetime52 that believes we have the talent and the coaching staff to beat an Aubum team that is still looking for a lot of answers that I don't believe they will have found all the answers to by the first game of the season. Goooo Tigers, run the Aubum tigers out of their own house while making their tiger stripes turn blood red!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2016, 9:17 AM

They are going down. It's just a matter of how badly, and there is nothing they can do about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2023, 9:42 AM

Exactly, and home field advantage isn't enough to boost them to a win. Even though we are young at a few positions, we are very talented with a lot of experience bringing our younger guys along. We will be ready to play, and we will be a top 5 team out of the gate!!!

Winning in Atlanta is next monkey to be slain

Aug 12, 2016, 9:22 AM

CDS has taken care of a bunch of monkeys on our back.... they will get this one tool

YES!! We got 'em!!

Aug 12, 2016, 9:32 AM

nm

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!***

Aug 12, 2016, 9:48 AM

clemson beats auburn by 13

Aug 12, 2016, 9:53 AM

And GT by 17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clemson beats auburn by 13

Aug 13, 2016, 9:18 AM

At least!

Aug 12, 2016, 9:53 AM

If there betting line is Tigers minus 7, this is an up top opportunity. The Tigers will crush this team and win going away by a wide, wide margin. I was correct last year including the NCG game and will start the year out with another huge win. Could we lose? Sure. But then again it COULD snow at DV today, August 12, 2016.

This Tiger team is going to the house with the big one. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to spend more time doing research. All the pieces are in place, the coaches are ready to coach big time and our Tigers are mean, nasty and have a bitter taste in their mouths from that loss to Bammer. We will play clean but nasty and mean and will demolish many teams on our schedule and this first one will set the tone for what is to follow. Take the Tigers, minus 7 and go up top!!!

Aug 13, 2016, 9:21 AM

I just hope Dabo doesn't take his foot off the gas like we did last time down there (although it did help us get rid of Kevin Steele (who now is their burden to bare) and also we let up against ND last year and let them back in the game. Pedal to the metal all game long is what I want.

I wonder if Vandy gets put on upset alert...

Aug 12, 2016, 10:03 AM

Probably not...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be upset if...

Aug 12, 2016, 10:07 AM

AU gets within 20 points of Clemson after the first quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2016, 10:13 AM

Just how we like it. Auburn fans better stick the #### up on tissues

Ah, I guess that is one advantage to being a gamecock fan,

Aug 12, 2016, 11:31 AM

your team is never on upset alert since they are never favored to win.

Spurs up!

BV is really 4-0 vs. GT because the O lost us the '14 game***

Aug 12, 2016, 12:18 PM

Bwaaahahhaahahaahaaaha!

Aug 12, 2016, 1:06 PM

I needed a good laugh to start the weekend. Spot the ball lets go "big boy" Clemson Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2016, 1:13 PM

So we are on upset alert a little under a month away in an away game where we are favored by 7 in Vegas, meaning that Vegas isn't seeing this game as being anywhere remotely close? Good call Athlon.

As for Florida State losing to GT in Atlanta, I thought this was an evaluation of talent. We have all long established this but in case you are confused....Sean Maguire ain't Deshaun Watson, who may help clear out Atlanta much like he help cleared out Sun Life Field in Corral Gables....

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!***

Aug 12, 2016, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think depend own this really suprised no one.

Aug 12, 2016, 3:22 PM

We dealt with it all last year, and this year should be the same. Besides, there is some logic to this in some ways. We are clearly the better team from last year and on paper, while Auburn was at their best average. Auburn is also a team I would never countil on or out pre-season. They stink when supposed to be good, and play lights out when picked poorly. I would never bet an Auburn game against anyone for week 1. Also, the thing that baffles me is this. Sean White is actually a pretty good QB overall. The kid can play, although I think he's a poor fit for Malzhan's offense. I still remember him and Will Grier at the Diller camp with Deshaun, where White won the whole thing. The boy can actually play. They do have talent on defense. You know that "SEC Talent" we hear so much about. They may even have "SEC practices". With all the distractions, injuries and issues Auburn has, I don't really see them winning, but for anyone to play the disrespect card already, might be a bit of a reach. Go Tigers, beat the Tigers/Eagles/Fighting Squirrels/ Plainsmen!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think depend own this really suprised no one.

Aug 12, 2016, 3:23 PM

Don't ask me what happened in that topic, darn voice text got me again!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Upset alert? What's new???***

Aug 12, 2016, 9:59 PM

Aug 12, 2016, 10:08 PM

It shows how far the program has come when losing at Auburn would be an upset.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:19 AM

Here we go again...

Aug 13, 2016, 11:34 AM

If this game were played in Clemson, we wouldn't be on upset alert. OR, they are just rewinding last year already.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic