Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think KB will shine, but wouldn't be opposed to him & Zerrick...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,291

I think KB will shine, but wouldn't be opposed to him & Zerrick...

Aug 29, 2017, 1:00 AM

on the field at the same time

I think this would be a great package, have thought so for a while.

Not sure we would go this route, but Dabo, Scott, & Elliot are innovators.... So I wouldn't put it past them.

Last year we had a Bellcow in DW4 , so it wasn't really necessary for us to get too funky on offense.

That isn't the case this year. We're gonna have tochange things up & have a few tricks up our sleeve so we're not stagnant.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20977193

Go Tigers!

???

Message was edited by: The Greastest??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think KB will shine, but wouldn't be opposed to him & Zerrick...

Aug 29, 2017, 4:58 AM

Does Dabo know you wouldn't be opposed to him(KB) and Zerrick
being on the field at the same time?
And I won't even go into anything about getting to funky
or being stagnant.

Aug 29, 2017, 7:44 AM

> Does Dabo know you wouldn't be opposed to him(KB) and
> Zerrick
> being on the field at the same time?

Probably not, unless he reads Tigernet. I doubt he does though.

> And I won't even go into anything about getting to
> funky
> or being stagnant.

K??

Good Talk

Go Tigers!

???

Stop drinking the stoopid jewse

Aug 29, 2017, 8:09 AM

You think we are going to be more "tricky" when this is the best OL that we have had during Dabo's tenure? I'd expect less tricks and more running it down their throats.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Stop drinking the stoopid jewse

Aug 29, 2017, 8:20 AM

> You think we are going to be more "tricky" when this
> is the best OL that we have had during Dabo's tenure?
> I'd expect less tricks and more running it down their
> throats.

I think we will do more of that too, but we will still need to loosen up defenses and get big plays. Not having Deshaun will force us to be a little more creative at times than we were last year.

#Creativity

Go Tigers!

???

Message was edited by: Captain KellyBryant

Aug 29, 2017, 9:14 AM

Run the zone read with KB and Feaster. There will be at least one big play a game. There's no need for gimmicks to move it in chunks. Bryant will have to get chunks with his arm or he will be riding the pine pony by week 4.

Aug 29, 2017, 9:16 AM

Agree we need to stick to one qb. If kelly gets it done great. If not let's see if one of the other guys can

Aug 29, 2017, 8:53 AM

I can see it. Always did think it was the wave of the future - mixing your dual-threat with a pocket passer. Those bubble/tunnel screens are such a part of the culture now everybody expects 'em...so you take your Super Athlete like Kelly and split him out wide like a wideout, and then toss the (slightly) backwards screen that then makes it legal to throw it forwards...it's always been a trick play with a wideout until now, I keep waiting for somebody to make a package out of it.

Essentially all you've done is just changed the launch point and put the ball into the hands of your dual-threat in a very different spot in the field. There's half a dozen things you could do at this point, probably a lot more...it's basically like a new undeveloped chess tree and like I said I've really been waiting for somebody to make a new sub-branch of attack out of it for a spread offense like ours.

In the words of Dabo, why not us?

Aug 29, 2017, 9:18 AM

Totally ridiculous but we ran an offense like that in flag football my sophomore year at Clemson. We had one kid who was a freak athlete, could sling it and was the fasted kid on the team. The other guy played Div. 2 football and transferred to Clemson after one season.

They'd both line up in the backfield side by side. Defenses never figured it out. Do you defend the kid that can't run but can sling it all around the yard or defend the kid who can throw it ok but is more of a threat with the legs?

That'd be interesting to see in a real college game, but I think there would be too many kinks that it probably wouldn't work. The other 9 guys would have to figure out if the snap was going to KB or Coop/Hunter.

Aug 29, 2017, 12:05 PM

I think we'll see more QB runs with Bryant than we did with DW4, which will open up a lot more play action passing. The trick plays will be the jet sweeps to Ray Ray and screens, but running two QBs on the field won't be a mainstay for this team.

I'd enjoy seeing some type of shotgun with two RBs (Fuller and Feaster) where Bryant has routes downfield and the option to hand off to either back or run it himself. Not quite a trick play, but a lot of great skill players with the chance to make an impact play.

The best thing Bryant can do this year is minimize turnovers, control the clock, and let his defense be dominant.

Aug 30, 2017, 6:51 AM

cant argue with that.

Va Tech ran a lot of 2 back sets when Mike Vick was there. It helps get the edge quicker when you have a rb on either side.

& yes, KB just needs to be efficient a we will be tough to stop

Go Tigers!

???

Message was edited by: Captain KellyBryant

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,291
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic