Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think I'm settled. I'll be sending off my ballot tomorrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

I think I'm settled. I'll be sending off my ballot tomorrow

Oct 28, 2020, 6:42 AM

For President, I will be writing in Don Blankenship, of the Constitution Party, my third consecutive Presidential vote from this party. He is not on the ballot in SC, I believe, so that's why I have to write him in. While the President does a lot of things policy-wise I like, he embodies nearly the opposite of the leadership qualities I desire in a President (or any leader), and that the country desperately needs. I am in the minority of people that put these qualities on equal footing, or greater footing, than straight-up government policy.

Senate is my most difficult choice. I have stated a past personal policy, since Congress will not move to give themselves term limits, that I will enact term limits with my vote, refusing to vote for incumbents who have already served 2 terms. Up until a few days ago, I was still leaning toward Bill Bledsoe, also of the Constitution Party. But I am going to vote for Senator Graham. I have issues with him and his conservative bona fides and his language at times, but I've decided that the race is close enough, and Senate control critical enough, that I will do my part to keep Democrats from having a clean sweep of the Capitol and the White House.

For the House, I will probably just leave it blank. I have no particular problem with Rep. Joe Wilson, but this is a term limit vote.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I'm settled. I'll be sending off my ballot tomorrow

Oct 28, 2020, 6:49 AM

I voted Biden on Monday in Florida. I think his presidency will be a disaster due to economic issues. He will be a better leader than Trump though. We deserve better than Trump and Biden.

It will definitely suck for smaller businesses

Oct 28, 2020, 6:54 AM

a sweet gubment job would be good right now. They will be protected. Small and medium business and those that work for them will hurt the most. Larger companies can just lay off people and survive. Small companies will get bought up while they are cheaper to kill the competition in the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will definitely suck for smaller businesses

Oct 28, 2020, 7:02 AM

Small businesses will get crushed under Trump as well if he wins. Trump's covid leadership all but ensured that. This country is facing serious economic issues. I know some people still out of work due to business closures.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm settled. I'll be sending off my ballot tomorrow ]

Carl,

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/10/27/joseph-biden-better-for-economy-wharton-business-school-goldman-sachs-moodys-forecasts/

Oct 28, 2020, 7:35 AM

I know Trump's covid response destroyed the economy. That said; I think the economy will.be crushed over the next few years whoever's wins.

Hopefully we will see a national infrastructure repair /

Oct 28, 2020, 10:11 AM

rebuild effort get under way fairly quickly. Both labor and material will be as available and affordable as any time in the last decade plus. Instead of just buying time with relief efforts, we can invest in our economic future alongside and emerge in an even stronger position from this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A New Deal part 2?***

Oct 28, 2020, 1:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

"shovel ready" projects, part 2***

Oct 28, 2020, 1:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm settled. I'll be sending off my ballot tomorrow ]

If those plots are year-to-year, that is plotting GDP for the same year one is in office, it is totally flawed. It takes years for an administrations policies to take effect in general. The devil is in the details.

Plus, world events and black swan events happen. You can't ignore some of them (like COVID) because they have significant effects.

Oct 28, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm settled. I'll be sending off my ballot tomorrow ]

Your supposed 'logic' for voting for Biden is mind-boggling!! Dig deep my friend and buy another gun!
Please deal with your anger issues, esp. those with Trump.

Message was edited by: MiuraTiger®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2020, 9:45 AM

I am not angry with Trump voters. I understand why some people vote for him. You seem angry though. What's wrong?

This is embarrassing, but I'll eat my pride

Oct 28, 2020, 6:50 AM

and get ahead of you guys. I ain't voting for Mr. Blankenship after all. I was just doing the Constitution Party thing, but this is bad candidate. And I didn't really google him until just now. Pretty stupid by me.

I'll be writing in someone else, then. I'm thinking Senator Tim Scott.

Re: This is embarrassing, but I'll eat my pride

Oct 28, 2020, 7:03 AM

Can you vote for yourself for president?

Yes.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:04 AM

I wouldn't, but anyone can do so.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:09 AM

Prodigal,

Why bother ? No one will ever notice your wasted protest votes.

I will notice, and God will notice.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:11 AM

I will vote what I believe is right, even if not a single person in the world votes like me. To do otherwise would be to silence myself, and that would be a waste of a vote.

Re: I will notice, and God will notice.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:20 AM

"God" cares about our election?

Oct 28, 2020, 7:22 AM

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Matthew 10:29-31

Oct 28, 2020, 7:24 AM

I didn't see anything in that scripture about an election or voting.

It's the answer to "Does God care about _____?"

Oct 28, 2020, 7:26 AM

God cares supremely about us, and about everything about us. He cares about everything we say and do, and everything that happens to us. God cares, more than anyone could possibly describe.

Re: It's the answer to "Does God care about _____?"

Oct 28, 2020, 7:28 AM

If there is a God we have no idea what "he" thinks. That said, I like your attitude. It's very positive.

I will be doing the same. Write Ins.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm settled. I'll be sending off my ballot tomorrow ]

Better than not voting. Enough people do that and it is a statement in itself.

No one ever counts the write in votes but I'd love to see how this one comes out. Should be record write Ins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will be doing the same. Write Ins.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:58 AM

There will be a record but the ones that get there after Nov. 3rd will be thrown out in my opinion and-or end up in the courts. That is why I will vote in person.

It is not a waste...

Oct 28, 2020, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I'm settled. I'll be sending off my ballot tomorrow ]

When you vote for what you believe in and vote your conscience. The idea that any vote that isn't Pub or Dem is "wasted" is a made-up belief by both those parties to keep you voting for them. The more people like Prod who keep voting against the system, the more it has to be addressed one day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I really don't view it as a "protest" vote or a

Oct 28, 2020, 9:02 AM

"vote against the system". I look at the candidates, and I am voting for someone who I think will be the right President/Senator/Representative. It's nothing more than that.

Well, the term limit thing can be viewed that way, perhaps.***

Oct 28, 2020, 9:04 AM

Oct 28, 2020, 7:46 AM

I am in the minority of people that put these qualities on equal footing, or greater footing, than straight-up government policy.

I don't think you're in the minority on this. I think you're in the majority.

The small group of people who lack character and think his behavior is excusable or even laudable because of his policymaking are just the loudest ones.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

That seems like a hasty generalization.

Oct 28, 2020, 9:11 AM

I don't feel I'm "one of the loudest ones", but I don't particularly care about Trumps character, as I'm more of a bottom line, actions speak louder than words type person.

So many seem to be looking for a spiritual or moral leader in a politician, and simply, I don't understand that.

Re: That seems like a hasty generalization.

Oct 28, 2020, 9:16 AM

We would be hard-pressed to find any president in our history who would fit a blanket definition of "good man". Or maybe just to find one who doesn't have any flaws.

Trump is such a degenerate of character and a bastion of immorality and hatred (while also likely fitting the clinical definition of a dangerous sociopath) that such actions can't be dismissed or excused in exchange for any successful policies. His behavior and actions are so harmful that they overshadow the policies and have put strains on our stability, our unity, and our Constitution.

Thus, those who dismiss or excuse the behavior need their own integrity questioned.

What has he done? After he won the election even before

Oct 28, 2020, 12:03 PM

took office people cried and wrung their hands about being "scared". Scared..of what? What policy has he enacted that has caused anyone to be scared? What are some direct, correlatable (if there is such a word) actions he has put in place to cause anyone to be "scared"?

Aside from taking the torch from Obama of blowing up our debt (something I *am* personally scared of), what has he enacted that has negatively affected US citizens? I think there is definitely a conversation to have about lack of leadership surrounding Covid, but blaming 220K deaths on him is completely out of left field. When that thing left Wuhan, everyone knew there was going to be deaths. Weren't the original WHO/CDC predictions like 2 million dead in the US alone? And that was even before the "no need to wear a mask/need to wear a mask" flip flops.

Has anyone lost any rights? Seems to me that despite the investigations and impeachments, the rising tide of a better economy has lifted all boats. Was it done to the detriment of long term debt? No doubt about that..but let's get real. Is there a difference in paying off $20 trillion vs $26 trillion? Will that last trillion really take us "over the edge"? We'll never pay off any of it, and we'll bankrupt ourselves into austerity and second class world leadership. And whatever can be blamed on Trump, he won't be alone with owning that.

Tell me I need to "question my integrity" all you want, but I respond to that by saying those who can blame societal downfall on him need to question their own reality. He didn't kill George Floyd or Breonna Taylor. And it's not his voters or followers that are rioting and looting. You won't find many Trump flags or rallies in a burning city block.

Is social unrest being stoked by the media and being paid for by the left? I dunno. You tell me. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, but after what I've seen the left attempt to do to regain power, its not out of the realm of possibility.

If Biden is ultimately determined to be president, and the rioting and looting stop immediately, and the daily Covid body count on the news all of a sudden goes away, I think you have your answer to that question. Nothing will change, but all of a sudden the "scar" has gone away? I know better than that, and I hope you do too. But If things (social unrest etc) continue status quo, then I'm wrong, and I can certainly accept and agree with that.

I haven't burned any buildings. I haven't killed anyone. Aside from continually, endlessly, needlessly, unceasingly being over-policed and hassled by law enforcement, I just keep working and try to stay employed as long as I can to support me and my family. I don't need a spiritual or moral leader. Do you?

Re: What has he done? After he won the election even before

Oct 28, 2020, 2:12 PM

So, first, let me say that I'm not questioning the integrity of someone who decides Trump is the lesser of two evils in the election. Going into 2016, he faced an equally amoral candidate, and I don't fault any person who decided he was a less dangerous choice than her.

Where I question is still lending support for the man for supposed policy successes (many of which have either been falsely attributed to him, or presented as half truths by this admin, or even just flat out lies) while at the same time excusing behavior.

Let's not even look at the investigations (Russia, Ukraine, etc.). There exists behavior from Trump that should have been immediate career enders as a politician:

Making fun of a disabled person. Bragging about sexual assault. Verbal attacks on female reporters such as Megyn Kelly. Racist dog whistles. Divisive language. His immigration policies and rhetoric.

I mean, hell, we deemed Dan Quayle was unfit for misspelling potato. Wearing a helmet and riding in a tank ruined Dukakis. And Trump gets away with all this and people adore him for it?

His divisiveness is the worst part. Can you name another time in your life where Americans were actually bouncing around the possibility of civil war? And which side is the one gleefully suggesting a civil war or arming themselves for it come Nov. 4?

No, I don't need a spiritual or moral leader. And I know you don't either. But a lot of America does. A nation does. We need stability. Trump doesn't bring that.

I also know most of America consists of people like you and me. We do our jobs and take care of our #### and have no desire to go burn businesses or yell at police while holding our ARs or start talking about civil war.

The problem is, we have too many Americans who DO want to do that, and Trump just keeps throwing gas on their fires.

Re: What has he done? After he won the election even before

Oct 28, 2020, 3:54 PM

Let's not even look at the investigations (Russia, Ukraine, etc.). There exists behavior from Trump that should have been immediate career enders as a politician:

"as a politician" being key. He was not a politician and that's exactly what a lot of folks wanted.

And maybe we are learning something a little...

Oct 28, 2020, 4:01 PM

Troublesome about ourselves and America. Maybe we do need the status quo politician to maintain our stability.

Or, at least, if we are going outside of a politician, not a raging despot like Trump.

I wanted to go 3rd party in 2016 - but the options were

Oct 28, 2020, 9:01 AM

loons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you....

Oct 28, 2020, 9:18 AM

Someone else who agrees that Gary Johnson is a total nut.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Clinton and Trump aren't?

Oct 28, 2020, 9:23 AM

Well, one was a manipulative psychopath and the other is a raging narcissistic sociopath.

At least Johnson is a mammal.

Of course they are, but Johnson one-upped them

Oct 28, 2020, 9:28 AM

by being that guy who had to tell you about all his fitness exploits. That's unforgiveable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First rule of Cross Fit

Oct 28, 2020, 9:41 AM

Tell everyone you meet that you do Cross Fit.

The one thing the motorcycle accident did was save me from

Oct 28, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Of course they are, but Johnson one-upped them ]

voting in that election.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You ever sell that thing?***

Oct 28, 2020, 3:05 PM

Can't believe it's been 4+ years since you bought

Oct 28, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to The one thing the motorcycle accident did was save me from ]

her from me. Time flies

Oct 28, 2020, 12:29 PM

One day you will make a vote, or a choice in life

Oct 28, 2020, 1:24 PM

that is not very popular, but that you believe is right. I urge you to make that choice, regardless of what others around you are doing. Even if no one else notices or cares, it won't be a waste. Doing right is always worth it.

Re: One day you will make a vote, or a choice in life

Oct 28, 2020, 1:47 PM

There's a line somewhere

Oct 28, 2020, 2:07 PM

where you would make the same choice I am. Perhaps some day soon the two two candidates will both be in favor of the murder of the unborn. Maybe that's the line for you. (I personally believe that's where we are in 2016 and now (at least I believe the President is indifferent about it). Regardless of where that line is, I hope you will always vote the way you feel is right. I believe there's no such thing as a wasted vote, except a vote cast contrary to one's conscience.

I think I read earlier today

Oct 28, 2020, 1:36 PM

That your vote needs to have already mailed in or else you need to drop off in person for it to be counted

moveon.org I believe had the info

Saturday is the ultimate deadline here.

Oct 28, 2020, 2:04 PM

But it will be out before then. If not, I'll just go on Tuesday.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic