Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tucker Hipps family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

Tucker Hipps family

Apr 25, 2015, 8:25 PM

While i disagree with the lawsuit, I made some incredibly poor comments about them. I apologize. After learning more about the "lawyer" this week, firmly believe they were levied and pushed during a very down time. Nothing like an ambulance chaser going after dough on the appearance of "justice"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tucker Hipps family

Apr 25, 2015, 8:32 PM

pretty much what I figured too. That and I think the continued media attention has prolonged their denial. They need to just let this all go and heal together.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously--shut up. If they think they're not getting the

Apr 25, 2015, 9:26 PM

truth, then who are you to say jack about it? Shut. Up.

Re: Seriously--shut up. If they think they're not getting the

Apr 25, 2015, 10:47 PM

that is not very nice

it's not nice for frat boys to kill 19 year olds***

Apr 25, 2015, 11:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's not nice for frat boys to kill 19 year olds***

Apr 25, 2015, 11:04 PM

I agree, but do we know for a fact that this is what happened?

explain their cover up away, and deleted messages...

Apr 25, 2015, 11:07 PM

and new cell phones

This is a pretty sloppy "cover-up"...

Apr 25, 2015, 11:13 PM

if everybody knows all the details that only the "cover-uppers" should know.

Re: explain their cover up away, and deleted messages...

Apr 25, 2015, 11:14 PM [ in reply to explain their cover up away, and deleted messages... ]

that proves absolutely nothing. I am not defending these kids, but I am defending due process and the notion that we are innocent until proven guilty in this country.

If you prefer the system worked differently, write your congressman.

I'm not a judge, a prosecutor, or a cop....

Apr 25, 2015, 11:29 PM

I'm not talking about denying due process. I'm talking about the evidence that points to them. In fact they have the Oconee County Sheriff protecting them. So due process is benefiting them for their heinous act of murder.

Re: I'm not a judge, a prosecutor, or a cop....

Apr 25, 2015, 11:35 PM

there is no evidence that points to them having any involvement in Tucker's death. If you have proof that the Oconnee county sheriff's department is involved in a cover-up, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Apr 26, 2015, 12:08 AM

The argument is not that there may not be evidence that supports foul play , or that there may be a conspiratorial conjunction of frat brothers in a cover-up , or that there may be unanswered or unasked questions for the Oconee Sheriff's department to answer or ask . That is not what is at the crux of all of this .
The kid died . It seems to have been an unfortunate accident and there is much sadness surrounding Tucker Hipps' death . His family is grieving the loss of their child. Clemson lost a family member that morning.
These are the facts. The rest of it is an unknown . It has been investigated thoroughly , people involved were questioned completely . The case is not a murder investigation , not even a manslaughter investigation. To assume that there was foul play or a cover-up in the face of such a paucity of any real evidence to support such an accusation is just not good form .
Not Hollywood folks , real life is happening here. We don't whip out the electric chairs based on hearsay and rumors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 26, 2015, 10:26 AM

glad there are at least a couple people who can think for themselves in here.

said nothing about the death penalty...

Apr 26, 2015, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not a judge, a prosecutor, or a cop.... ]

and there is plenty of evidence pointing to the foul play from the frat boys. You can be in denial about it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that after it happened the frat boys did things to cover their tracks.

Re: said nothing about the death penalty...

Apr 26, 2015, 3:43 PM
slide4.jpg(46.1 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

ok, whatever***

Apr 26, 2015, 3:44 PM

Re: ok, whatever***

Apr 26, 2015, 3:55 PM

DB23

and you know this exactly how?***

Apr 26, 2015, 10:20 PM [ in reply to said nothing about the death penalty... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: explain their cover up away, and deleted messages...

Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: explain their cover up away, and deleted messages... ]

They filed a civil suit. In the civil system, one is not "innocent until proven guilty." Tort liability merely requires a preponderance of the evidence. It does not require proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I think they have preponderance of evidence for a civil judgment. The acts of omission and negligence on the part of the frat members are more than likely in and of themselves enough to win a civil case.

That's very strong circumstancial evidence. Contact Trey

Apr 26, 2015, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: explain their cover up away, and deleted messages... ]

Trey Goudy. Just call Trey. I am confident that he can get the truth out of these BOYZ.

I've never know anyone who lost a child (and I've known a

Apr 25, 2015, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family ]

few who have), especially under such questionable circumstances, and just "let it go". Having children myself, I don't even see how it could be possible. I think I'd do whatever I could to get to the truth in a matter like this. "Letting it go" would be an absurd notion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I've never know anyone who lost a child (and I've known a

Apr 25, 2015, 10:50 PM

in the absence of any facts about the circumstances that directly caused his death, I do not understand how you can argue in favor of this lawsuit.

I am truly sorry for their loss and it was a horrible tragedy. I hope they heal and find peace, but retribution is not the answer IMO.

I don't think this is about retribution at all. I believe it

Apr 25, 2015, 11:14 PM

is about getting to the truth. Just because a criminal investigation came up short, it doesn't mean all of the facts are known, all of the evidence has been examined, or everyone who has information has talked.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't think this is about retribution at all. I believe it

Apr 25, 2015, 11:27 PM

if everyone filed civil lawsuits for every unsolved crime, our courts would be backlogged for a decade.

this will get thrown out by the judge and it is not Clemson University's responsibility to atone for every incident that happens off campus.

if I am wrong, feel free to book mark this post and point it out to me later.

Apr 26, 2015, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I've never know anyone who lost a child (and I've known a ]

If the facts support the family, they will prevail. If the facts support the defendants, they will prevail. Honest question. If your child was killed and you did not know the full circumstances of how they died, would you seek to find those answers by all means necessary? If you believed a person, group of persons, or even an institution were responsible for your child's death; would you seek to punish them?

Apr 26, 2015, 12:22 AM [ in reply to I've never know anyone who lost a child (and I've known a ]

I totally agree.

You are clueless. Completely.***

Apr 25, 2015, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Apr 27, 2015, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family ]

So if this was your child you'd just let it go????

Re: Tucker Hipps family deserves justice. Truth needs

Apr 25, 2015, 9:12 PM

to come out. Those frat boys know something. They are NOT gentlemen or men of character or true leaders. The true story of how Tucker Hipps died needs to be told. Maybe businesses should put some pressure on those kids by not hiring them. Man up boys. Tell the truth. If you were Tucker, you'd want your fellow brothers to tell the truth.

Apr 25, 2015, 9:26 PM

...And there it is.
Conspiratorial effluence .
The truth is , in fact ... that there is not a shred of evidence that any of his frat buddies know anything . If there were , there would have been charges levied against them . There aren't any words to describe how much this must pain and agonize his loved ones , but there is no case because the police investigation found no evidence of foul play .

DB23

There's also not evidence that they DON'T know anything.

Apr 25, 2015, 9:30 PM

The way you people rush to protect the privileged is embarrassing. Any person with love for Clemson ought to want to see justice done. To most logical thinkers, the facts add up to something shady. Nothing about that morning or what the frat claims happened afterwards makes sense. And people outside of the Clemson cocoon see that clearly.

Re: There's also not evidence that they DON'T know anything.

Apr 25, 2015, 9:41 PM

Well see I use that logic that says that you let trained persons do their job , complete their task and then you get a pretty good idea that it was as close to perfect as possible. The police investigation turned up no foul play ...none.
You semi-certain private eye types who are convinced that the cops are wrong and that those frat boys know something should keep plugging away though ...since you are so positively certain that something is amiss , that this ghost in the fog idea you all have is what it should be .
Make a case for the kid , don't just yammer on about conspiracies ..have at it.

DB23

Apr 25, 2015, 10:06 PM

Do you know something that we all don't? I have not seen or heard any evidence to make a comment about this, I don't like making comments until I see the evidence. So just because there have not been any charges yet, that means something didn't happen. Hypothetical speaking, what if all of those frat boys lied about what happened just to save themselves from going to jail, so that means it didn't happen or are the police still investigating this incident? So what do you think about the Jameis Winston rape case? So going by your logic, it must not have happened because there was no charges filed. But the facts in that case are that Winston's two friends stories are different and one of them recorded the incident and then erased it when she claimed she had been raped. Also Winston refused to answer any questions. Once again, the rape most not have happened because there were no charges filed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

The police haven't released everything they have.***

Apr 25, 2015, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: There's also not evidence that they DON'T know anything. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

My guess is that the police realize, just like everybody

Apr 25, 2015, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: There's also not evidence that they DON'T know anything. ]

else, that exactly how Tucker Hipps died is a mystery, and I'm sure they have their suspicions about it and think that there is information that is being withheld. However, their investigation has not been able to uncover evidence sufficient to prove that or bring charges. In no way does that mean there was no foul play, or that more evidence, facts, or even culpability won't come to light in a civil case.

- H. L. Mencken

Those frat ##### are guilty as sin.***

Apr 25, 2015, 9:49 PM [ in reply to There's also not evidence that they DON'T know anything. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2015, 11:11 PM [ in reply to There's also not evidence that they DON'T know anything. ]

And tell us again why you are in the coccoon on Tnet?

Apr 25, 2015, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family deserves justice. Truth needs ]

Federal agents need to investigate this case, because there was foul play in this case and a life is more important than any university's reputation.

One of them is a congressman's son. Nothing's ever going

Apr 25, 2015, 9:49 PM

to come of it.

Re: One of them is a congressman's son. Nothing's ever going

Apr 25, 2015, 10:03 PM

What evidence do you have that any of those frat kids know anything ? Honestly ? What do you have that would be of interest to the officers and investigators who have spent countless hours mulling over this case and interviewing his frat pals ?
If there is something they should know then step up and dial .

DB23

Speculation, my own judgement from what I've seen and

Apr 25, 2015, 10:11 PM

heard, as well as my personal fraternity experiences. I can also easily ask you the same question. What evidence do you have that says they don't know anything?

that is a shame. This frat is more like a GANG than a club.

Apr 26, 2015, 5:39 PM [ in reply to One of them is a congressman's son. Nothing's ever going ]

a rich gang. But they are not gentlemen.

"Don't tell Katie (his girlfriend) she'll tell his parents"

Apr 25, 2015, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family deserves justice. Truth needs ]

Tells me all I need to know.

You do know there is no evidence anyone ever said that...

Apr 25, 2015, 10:19 PM

that's just part of the civil claim filed against the University and frat, an allegation based on something someone thinks somebody thinks they heard someone say they read on yik yak. And if someone did say that, how exactly did they get that information if no one is "telling the truth"?

Re: You do know there is no evidence anyone ever said that...

Apr 25, 2015, 10:26 PM

pretty sure that the girlfriend would have said it didn't happen if it didn't happen. I feel like she is smart enough not to lie about it. I feel sure that the attorneys have asked her the question.

Re: You do know there is no evidence anyone ever said that...

Apr 25, 2015, 10:32 PM

What evidence do I need to think that there is no evidence ?

Hwhat in thee Hey'ell ? I guess ...I uh ..I don't know how to address that qwestion ..I guess.

DB23

Why would the girlfriend have that information?

Apr 25, 2015, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: You do know there is no evidence anyone ever said that... ]

The quote is supposedly from one frat member telling another frat member not to tell the girlfriend Hipps was missing. That information could've only come from a member of the frat. If she is the source, then it had to have been second-hand, which makes it completely unreliable.

Re: Why would the girlfriend have that information?

Apr 25, 2015, 10:41 PM

There is no evidence. None.
People let there emotions and want to ###### a whodunnit in these types of cases , but is there cause for an arrest ? None.
Is there cause for suspicions ? Possibly , bit there is no evidence . It is really just that simple.

DB23

Re: Why would the girlfriend have that information?

Apr 25, 2015, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Why would the girlfriend have that information? ]

the law suit says the girlfriend received a text saying that Tucker had been found in the library. I feel sure Hipps family lawyers had that record. I would think she still had that message on her phone, if not, it would be very easy to get that record. I don't think the lawyers would have claimed that without her records. She is right there with them to say it happened or deny it. I feel she is smart enough to know all the records can be gotten through the phone carrier.

I also believe that the majority of the "brothers" only know what King told them. I have a feeling that King and 2 others know what happened. It would be easy for 3 people to keep a secret

Perhaps someone thought they saw him in the library....

Apr 25, 2015, 10:58 PM

he had supposedly been in the library earlier that night. That took me about 30 seconds to knock that one out.

Re: Perhaps someone thought they saw him in the library....

Apr 26, 2015, 2:22 AM

lol...but he was on the run in the morning. If someone had seen him and they had been looking for him I feel sure they would have gone up to him and ask where he had been...and no need for a 911 call. And it has been said that the person that sent her that email sent out another to his buddies saying that email would buy them some time

They should put that dude on the stand. And see if he lies

Apr 26, 2015, 5:40 PM [ in reply to "Don't tell Katie (his girlfriend) she'll tell his parents" ]

in court.

idk

Apr 25, 2015, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family deserves justice. Truth needs ]

the deleted group messages and the ones where they say "don't tell his GF" seem pretty odd

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they deleted them, how does anyone know about them?

Apr 25, 2015, 10:49 PM

Unless the frat guys have been giving the police tons of evidence against themselves, and the police just refuse to charge anyone for no conceivable reason, this entire case is based almost entirely on rumors. Any decent attorney for the defendants should be able to pick apart the BS without breaking a sweat.

Re: If they deleted them, how does anyone know about them?

Apr 25, 2015, 10:56 PM

just because you delete something, it is not gone. Records from the phone carriers are there and never go away.

If the police have that evidence they should've charged....

Apr 25, 2015, 11:03 PM

someone with murder, or at least obstruction of justice. If that's true the Hipps should be suing the Oconee County Sheriff and the DA.

Re: If the police have that evidence they should've charged....

Apr 25, 2015, 11:13 PM

I guess thats strong evidence as to why theyre not

Re: If the police have that evidence they should've charged....

Apr 26, 2015, 2:18 AM [ in reply to If the police have that evidence they should've charged.... ]

the police investigation is still ongoing. The Sheriff said he would not release the info he has...not at this time.

We need TREY GOUDY to cross examine these THUGS.

Apr 26, 2015, 5:42 PM [ in reply to If they deleted them, how does anyone know about them? ]

The truth would come out.

Apr 25, 2015, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family deserves justice. Truth needs ]

What if there just isn't nothing for them to tell bc they actually wasn't around. I mean what if Tucker did in fact fall off the bridge bc of some freakish accident that was no ones fault. Has anybody ever got up on a bridge railing that high up and got dizzy from looking down over the water. I have on the I-95 bridge crossing Lake Marion at the 100 mile marker bordering Clarendon/orangeburg counties, and it did get me dizzy. I'm not at all afraid of heights, but looking down that far at the water did make me dizzy. And that is what has me thinking it could have happen to Tucker also. I mean after all this time and nothing has been found out, and it actually could be that theres nothing to find. With that many guys and if something against the law happen, somebody would have already been scared into talking... Just saying with so many fingers pointing into so many directions accusing blame, it is possible that nothing illegal happen at all. Just a freak accident that took a life with nothing around but Tucker's body. Its very sad, but accidents do happen with loved ones needing something or someone to be blamed, when its nothing or no one to blame....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell me about the Easter Bunny and Frats not hazing.***

Apr 26, 2015, 5:43 PM

you're a scumbag, targeting a family that just lost a 19...

Apr 25, 2015, 11:02 PM

year old son

The Hipps need closure.

Apr 26, 2015, 12:14 AM

In their minds the only way to get that is to find our exactly how their son died.

The answer won't satisfy them though, for they'll be struggling with why he died the rest of their lives. I know this because.

Smart money says don't comment on this type situation because there's no way to understand what those folks are going through or why the behave as they do. There's no way to say that any one of us wouldn't feel just as they feel now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Hipps need closure.

Apr 26, 2015, 7:16 AM

There are a lot of people on here seems to know all the facts, because some say the frat boys killed him and some are saying they did nothing wrong. If you can make a statement like this then give us all the evidence so we can put this to rest. I believe the Hipps family want answers and closure as what really happened. Do I believe that the frat boys pushed or threw him off the bridge? No. My biggest question is what did the frat boys do leading up to and what did they do afterwards. I totally agree of the Hipps family suing the frat boys, but I don't agree with them suing Clemson. Another question is what part did Tucker play in his own death? So if anyone out there knows all the facts, please post it on here so we all know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Re: The Hipps need closure.

Apr 26, 2015, 7:32 AM

Mr. Hartins said it best .
Just a horrific tragedy .

DB23

Clemson has more money than the frat boys

Apr 26, 2015, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: The Hipps need closure. ]

always sue the deep pockets. They will settle out of court for a lot more because they have more to lose financially

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe it is about the money; It is about the truth

Apr 26, 2015, 8:59 PM

The family just wants to know the truth.

then why sue for 50,000,000 when 50,000 would have the same

Apr 26, 2015, 9:06 PM

outcome in court if all you want is facts. Make no mistake, it's about money

Re: then why sue for 50,000,000 when 50,000 would have the same

Apr 26, 2015, 9:08 PM

Look at this photo .

DB23

To get people to talk. To put pressure on those who can get

Apr 26, 2015, 9:09 PM [ in reply to then why sue for 50,000,000 when 50,000 would have the same ]

the truth.

Who is Clemson going to get to talk? Sue for 5 billion and

Apr 26, 2015, 9:11 PM

will they talk more?

You seriously don't get it, do you?

Apr 26, 2015, 9:42 PM

Clemson and/or the frat would have paid $50,000 to make the suit go away.
$50 billion is way too excessive.
$5 million or $50 millions gets your attention.

We all know that 20 year old college boys don't get up at 5 AM to go running unless they HAVE to. This was most likely a form of hazing. Hazing is against the rules. Thesey boys were all running together, and they were all to eat breakfast when they finished. And it was many hours after the run finished before the frat reported him missing? And these "innocent" frat boys all got new cell phones after this incident? And you think these boys know nothing. Pollyanna's got nothing on you, dude.

Re: You seriously don't get it, do you?

Apr 26, 2015, 9:47 PM
jpe.jpg(89.5 K)

Or this pic .

DB23

Re: You seriously don't get it, do you?

Apr 26, 2015, 10:13 PM [ in reply to You seriously don't get it, do you? ]

Clemson will not have to pay a penny and the lawyers know this. Clemson is protected from this type of law suit. IMO, they included Clemson to make Clemson be more aware of what the frats do and not waiting to do something before it is too late. This frat had already had numerous complaints and Clemson was planning to shut them down. The lady in charge did not answer the email and she was taking her sweet time shutting them down. She no longer works at Clemson. Suing the University will make them more aware and get things done in a timely manner and will also make other schools more aware. And I think that is what the parents want.

The law and Clemson can say it had nothing to do with hazing...BUT, making them go on that run was hazing, demanding dang McDonald's biscuits for everyone is hazing. They already knew the run was not allowed but thought they could get by with it when their email was not answered. Lots of hazing went on that morning

These types of matters are always a tragedy for all

Apr 26, 2015, 7:05 AM

involved and provoke a wide variety of thoughts.

Despite reports I just don't feel capable nor competent enough to speculate; rather I find it apt to offer deepest sympathies to the family and pray that they find closure. How they find that closure is best left to the family and their friends and advisors.

I think Frat alumni need to put pressure on current brothers

Apr 26, 2015, 5:47 PM

to tell the truth.

Re: I think Frat alumni need to put pressure on current brothers

Apr 26, 2015, 8:36 PM

If all of the kids knew the truth the truth would be out. That large of a group doesn't keep secrets, especially that kind of secret.

1-3 people know tops imo and could be less if it truly was an accident.

Apr 26, 2015, 11:04 AM

I have no reason to think this case has been negligently investigated, one of my buddies who just knew tucker was questioned and asked every possible thing. It's either no one cracked or their was nothing to find. I'm starting to think the latter, just don't think people could keep stories that straight with that many people.

Apr 26, 2015, 12:14 PM

So the attorney made these people hire him/her and then talked them into filing a lawsuit, and that they really didnt want to? You're an idiot.

Look at it this way.

Apr 26, 2015, 12:48 PM

The cops have moved on. You don't hear any of his "brothers" out there doing anything to keep awareness of Tucker's death. Someone put Tucker's ex girlfriend's name on here, Katie, and two seconds of looking at her Facebook page shows she is still full steam ahead in the sorority/frat world and all up on some frat dude's jock so she has moved on. The Hipps family sees this situation I'm sure as us against the world so they have sued. That frat dude on the bridge who confronted him about the breakfast knows what happened.

Save the lawyer bashing...

Apr 27, 2015, 9:46 AM

The attorneys in this care are not accepting any payment out of this settlement or judgment... typically plaintiff's lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis where they recover at least a third, but sometimes 40-50% of the judgment. In this case, the lawyer would be a quick millionaire, BUT the attorneys have stated that they are working for free.

This is a pursuit of justice... during discovery (depositions, interrogatories, requests for admission or documents such as cell phone records and any other intra-fraternity correspondence) will come to light because the plaintiffs can obtain court orders to compel responses and to enforce that documents and other records be provided by law. This will result in more facts of this highly questionable scenario coming to light.

Another reason why this matter is better handled in a civil claim is a lower burden of proof. A criminal case requires finding guilt beyond a reasonable doubt... i.e. 99% sure the defendants are guilty. In a civil case, the burden is based on a preponderance of the evidence at a "more likely than not" standard. Meaning, that if the defendants were seemingly 51% guilty, then the plaintiffs would prevail.

I hope the defendants do not settle so this can go to trial...

Everyone in the Clemson family deserves answers, but the Hipps family needs them more than anybody. This lawsuit is a result of that pursuit. Investigators had months to try and find something for a criminal case, but the evidence is too speculative or circumstantial for a criminal case. The Hipps family were encouraging law enforcement to find answers. Information hotlines were set up, rewards for information were set up twice, but not enough information came to light. This lawsuit was not a greedy attempt to make a quick buck... it was a last resort to try and find answers and get closure.

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic