Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In response to Herbie's TL comment, Coach Dabo says
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,095

In response to Herbie's TL comment, Coach Dabo says

Jan 2, 2019, 8:52 PM

"Alabama had zero impact on our decision. Our decision was based on the present moment. We don’t make decisions based on potential. We make decisions based on performance here. After four games, Trevor’s performance made the change. When you start making decisions based on potential, you starting losing your team and you're gambling on things working out in the future."

That, my friends, is leadership.
Someday CDS needs to develop a curriculum for a leadership major that would be geared toward CEOs, company presidents, corporate board members, etc. The principles that guide his decision-making are incredibly valuable!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In response to Herbie's TL comment, Coach Dabo says

Jan 2, 2019, 9:23 PM

Dabo already has a manual on leadership. His leadership principles come straight from the Bible.

People would be amazed at how many successful companies use biblical principles. I know some might hate that but it is truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is quickly evident that biblical principles

Jan 2, 2019, 9:45 PM

are the basis of how CDS operates if you ever have a conversation with him. He's for-sure a genuine guy. What you see (on the field, on TV) is what you get.
I just think someone could develop a corporate leadership curriculum based on how CDS has built and currently leads what we all now know and love to be Clemson Tiger football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please sucka.. good principles are simply good principles

Jan 2, 2019, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: In response to Herbie's TL comment, Coach Dabo says ]

no matter where they are found. for example...

most major religions have a version of the golden rule... not because the bible had it 1st, not because they are coping some English translation of Jewish text. The gold rule is a good rule because it simply makes sense.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

So Dabo is a Hindu or Muslim?***

Jan 2, 2019, 10:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Dabo had this in mind when Trevor was in 9th grade.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:04 PM

Herbie and the rest of ESPiN's talkers don't watch Clemson football like we do. They didn't see Trevor taking the field with more and more command of our play book over those first four games. They saw the stats, they saw the highlights but they saw so little they couldn't possible process the magnitude to Trevor's growth.

They didn't watch our spring game. Anyone who saw that game knew that a change was coming. Heck, we could have taken bets on when it would happen. Some of us wanted Trevor to start. Others who didn't wished all that horsechit was true about Dabo favoring upperclassmen and giving them the nod over a better freshman. Remember DW and all the insults and attacks on Dabo's integrity because Cole started the first couple games?

DW was learning the playbook. That's exactly why Trevor was held back for four weeks. Imo, the difference was that I believe there was much more difference between Cole/DW than Trevor and KB. KB was and is a better QB than Cole.

No, when Trevor signed his LOI Dabo knew it wouldn't be long before he became our starter. It had nothing to do with our schedule or who we play but Dabo knew that we'd be a more complete team with Trevor behind center.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Dabo had this in mind when Trevor was in 9th grade.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:08 PM

Herbie watches Clemson that’s why he’s sending his son to Clemson

Herbie works Gameday.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:20 PM

He spends that entire afternoon and evening preparing for the two teams he'll be commenting on that evening. He probable watches the highlights and a few of our games but no one but Clemson fans and opposing coaches watch all our games.

I admit, Herbie knows Dabo. He's been to Clemson several times, talked to many, many of our players. Watching games doesn't tell you about the culture of a program. You have to go see that culture happening. Herbie didn't pick a school for his sons based on W/L record. He picked Clemson because he knows Dabo treats and cares for our players just like he cares for his own sons. All our coaches are exactly the same. That's what built our culture not our win/loss ratio or our trophy case.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Dabo had this in mind when Trevor was in 9th grade. ]

armsb said:

Herbie watches Clemson that’s why he’s sending his son to Clemson

They are both correct. TL had to show the skill most of us knew he had, but Ray Charles could see a QB that couldn't stretch the field, was not beating Bama. 75% of TN was saying that a year ago. TL may not beat Bama, but he gives us the best chance.

Jan 3, 2019, 12:26 AM

I think you do not give Herbie's sons enough credit as I believe they chose Clemson themselves....

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,095
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic