Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Done with Chad, thoughts???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Done with Chad, thoughts???

Aug 30, 2014, 10:28 PM

Seriously As someone previously stated when something is working he pulls it, I'm growing tired of watching us quit on play calling that is working.... The man has cost us too many games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe?

Aug 30, 2014, 10:36 PM

You are going to get crucified for this post, but at the end of the season you might be right. I thought the play calling was awful. I almost wondered if the coaches came in with a very limited menu because they didn't want to give fsu tape to watch and just didn't care whether they won or lost, but that would be lunacy. So my final conclusion was that he really just called that bad of a game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he a head coach yet?***

Aug 30, 2014, 10:39 PM

He won't be after this season

Aug 30, 2014, 10:43 PM

We're going to really see what "the Chad" is made of this year.

I think they called a good game up until the last

Aug 30, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to maybe? ]

8mins of fourth qrtr

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Re: I think they called a good game up until the last

Aug 30, 2014, 10:46 PM

that was a brutal 8

I was done with Chad in 2011 when he had absolutely no

Aug 30, 2014, 10:40 PM

gameplan against South Carolina.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Done with Chad, thoughts???

Aug 30, 2014, 10:41 PM

Where was Jordan Leggett today ?

I think Chad goes brain dead

Aug 30, 2014, 10:41 PM

seriously, I'm not sure what happens to him. We've seen it in the coot games, against WVU, FSU, and now GA. Something will be working and then we will just go into this boring lull of running the same unsuccessful plays. Not sure if he out thinks himself, gets overwhelmed, or what but something has got to give.

Have been skeptical to buy into fully even after the last two years and made the statement before this game that this year would be the year we find out if the Chad and his system is the real deal and simply a plug and play offense or if he has gotten lucky to have NFL talent that would have been successful in any system.

He Is No Head Coach

Aug 30, 2014, 10:45 PM

that's apparent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: He Is No Head Coach

Aug 30, 2014, 10:49 PM

neither is Dabo!

Re: I think Chad goes brain dead

Aug 30, 2014, 10:49 PM [ in reply to I think Chad goes brain dead ]

I don't think Chad goes brain dead, but I do think that his ego is such that he doesn't want to change. Obviously Pruitt from Georgia made some halftime adjustments, as he got a handle on what Chad was doing in the first half. He put the brakes on the offense early, and then turned his pass rush loose once he had a two score lead. Like the FSU game, the last two, or three, USC games, when that happens Chad seems to have no answer. Just call another wide out screen that Georgia was sitting on in the second half. But at the end of the day, it is why you play four quaters. Much the case with USC the other night, Georgia had the better team across the board. Thy just toyed with Clemson in the second half. Wore

you mean when he plays good teams?***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:41 PM [ in reply to I think Chad goes brain dead ]

Aug 30, 2014, 10:46 PM

71 posts in 2 years... gtfo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 30, 2014, 11:59 PM

Yes 71 post in two years, I have a family and job, but thanks for thinking that has any bearing on my support....where were you tonite, I was sitting in the in zone at Sanford and was the last one who left even after the Dawg fans... Now sitting in a rediculously stupid line at Wendy's cause I'm starving and I wanna be in my bed ... So maybe you should GTFO

Aug 30, 2014, 11:13 PM

He has not gone over the middle to open up the run. Why are we paying him this much!!!!

Aug 30, 2014, 11:28 PM

He needs to emphasize different aspects of the offense. IE the run game. He, much like Spencr, has got caught up in this "mad scientist" persona and we are getting away from what makes successful teams successful- the ability to run the ball. Of you watched us and then watched Aubur and didn't know the relationship, there is no way you could tell we run the same offense. Nothing wrong with the system- the operator just needs to push the right buttons.

Aug 30, 2014, 11:33 PM

We virtually never throw over the middle on a slant pattern to the TE, A flair pass to a back to counteract an aggressive pass rush, etc. Are these plays illegal in the ACC? Chad's offense works well against weaker opponents but stronger ones adjust to it and we are not equipped to modify it "on the fly" so to speak.
It is clear that Chad is rather bull headed and until he matures as a coach, his system will never reach its potential

Aug 30, 2014, 11:45 PM

I will say this for Chad......figuring out protections is the toughest part of any OC's job. How to protect certain calls and versus certain fronts. Do you keep the back in? Is he in a route? Is he a safety valve? Everyone says we should run this and that but you have to have a protection for all of those things. Spurrier had to get embarrassed in the NFL before he figured it out. I thought our line played well tonight tho. They didn't get pressure til we went 1 dimensional.

I'm sure the mad scientist is looking for work.

Aug 30, 2014, 11:44 PM

You should give him a call.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic