Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sports media shills
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,154

Sports media shills

Nov 3, 2019, 3:30 PM

So, let me get this straight. According to the Media, the reason for Clemson dropping to #2, then #3, then #4, while undefeated over the past 24 games, is lack of offensive production. And, by the way, Trevor Lawrence just isn't the quarterback they all thought he was.

Well, let's take a look... in the past two weeks, TL16 has gone 28 for 35 passing (80%) for 493 yards and 6 TDs, with no interceptions. Oh, and he's also rushed for 75 yards and another TD. And in each of those two games, he played less than 2-1/2 quarters.

If you interpolate these stats into TL16 playing a full 4-quarter game, that comes to an average of 22 for 28 passing for 394 yds and 5 TDs... plus 60 yds rushing and another TD... per game...

But in the end, Lawrence just isn't meeting (the Media's) expectations... and after such an encouraging Freshman year... too bad... I really had high hopes for him. SMH.

Let's wait a little over 48 hours and see what the CFP thinks...

Go Tigers! Just keep winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think CU is going to come out just fine Tuesday night.***

Nov 3, 2019, 3:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think CU is going to come out just fine Tuesday night.***

Nov 3, 2019, 3:44 PM

Agreed. Probably #3, but if we win out, either #2 or #1 after the ACCCG. I don't think there will be over 2 unbeaten teams after Championship Weekend... and more likely, only 1... Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. My guess is #2, but won’t be upset with 3 or 4.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:06 PM

In the end, the Tigers control their own destiny. They have proven to do that well over the last few years.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to I think CU is going to come out just fine Tuesday night.*** ]

Yup. I would say probably third behind LSU and OSU.

Alabama doesn't have any kind of quality wins either, and Clemson's offensive numbers and defensive numbers are significantly better. I'd say Bama is #4, Penn State #5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 4:39 PM

Once again...it don't matter none. The only thing that matters is being in the top four of the final committe ranking. And, if we win out, we're a mortal lock for that.

Night conference road game on Saturday. Best focus on that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 4:41 PM

You talking to the players, or us???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,154
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic