Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Boulware is a good player.. BUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I think Boulware is a good player.. BUT

Feb 11, 2016, 3:40 PM

He had many of busted assignments this past year leading to points for opponents. Some from the fact he was trying to play superman rather than assignment football. I'd prefer if he wasn't trolling his trollers with a picture of a single play.. Have the up most respect for him but lose a bit when he feels he needs to respond to every idiot out there doubting him. Just show it on the field. Just my 2 dollhairs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Making an NFL roster as a MLB is really tough.

Feb 11, 2016, 3:44 PM

Beyond the physical nature of the position, you are also the QB of the defense.

I'm not sure he is ready to QB a defense, but I thik he will at least make it as a special teamer or OLB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

BB would probably be best as ILB in a 3-4 defense

Feb 11, 2016, 3:53 PM

OLB or Mike in a 4-3 would leave him in mismatches more often than not in the NFL. If you can remember, think Keith Adams or John Leake for a BB comparison...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People seem to blame Ben for mistakes safeties or corners

Feb 11, 2016, 3:55 PM

Made. He was out of position on the long run by Dalvin Cook but nearly all the others were blown assignments by safeties or occasionally a bust by a corner. We had quite a few bad busts by our safeties this year especially down the final stretch of the season. Our safety play was a strength earlier in the season but it was pretty atrocious in the championship game against bama.

Re: People seem to blame Ben for mistakes safeties or corners

Feb 11, 2016, 3:58 PM

Agreed our secondary had lapses... But you can't say he didn't either. That aside, mistakes happen. And everyone knows that.

I'm just saying him chasing down every critic looks bad. Some critics said deshaun was a 6th round pick before title game. Are they right? Of course not and we all know that. He doesn't spend time worrying or trolling.

There isn't a player on any team in the country that hasn't

Feb 11, 2016, 4:17 PM

has bad plays or bad games. Deshaun didn't have a great game against louisville and we all know how great he is. I simply said our safeties were the cause of most of the busts people blamed on Boulware. The only reason he gets blamed is because he's the one trying to clean up a mess caused by someone else. As far as "chasing down critics" he has every right to do so. There's a big difference between a defensive and an offensive player especially a quarterback and a linebacker. DBs are always animated in your face players whereas qbs are seen as calm and collected leaders. God forbid our players stand up for themselves or do anything but pat other players on the back.

If you expect every player to be like Deshaun watson you're going to be disappointed a lot. It's not going to happen and there is nothing wrong with having a personality different from Deshaun.

Feb 11, 2016, 4:20 PM [ in reply to People seem to blame Ben for mistakes safeties or corners ]

First look at Cooks long run and you see Ben in the hole but the Guard has him wrapped up against Alabama the long run watch Greene run up Ben's hind end Greene was in the wrong Gap Watch safety play improve this year with Kearse and Green gone

first team all acc

Feb 11, 2016, 4:24 PM

Orange bowl mvp .. Was in in EVERY big play all season .. Junkyard Dog Baby Wuff

Feb 11, 2016, 4:24 PM [ in reply to People seem to blame Ben for mistakes safeties or corners ]

This the two primary culprits were the safeties with this issue......lbs not off the hook and certainly had some but not majority.

Feb 11, 2016, 6:16 PM [ in reply to People seem to blame Ben for mistakes safeties or corners ]

Ben is boom or bust

https://twitter.com/CFBFilmRoom/status/685538006329999360?lang=en

https://twitter.com/CFBFilmRoom/status/686723415768563716?lang=en

Feb 11, 2016, 6:44 PM

Great post! It would be hard for anything, without a lot of free time and access to the defensive plays being called in from the sideline, to pick apart every play / missed assignment. But once thing is and has been evident with Ben's play and AllIn52 shows a nice snapshot of it above - boom or bust. For anyone that's familiar with the linebacker position, or knows a thing or two about defense, Ben clearly has a propensity to blitz and/or over-pursue. He ends up too deep in the backfield at times going for that "big hit for a loss" or misreads what he sees prior to the snap and cues on run when it's really a pass play. He definitely has a high-risk way of playing. It's hard-nosed, smash mouth football which most people love but it isn't without drawbacks. And the national championship game wasn't the only game he got caught too deep or behind the play. We all love him but to say you haven't questioned some of his cues or tendencies this year would be a harder argument to prove than what the OP was trying to say with this post, IMO.

No one said Ben hasn't made mistakes but he's blamed by

Feb 11, 2016, 6:50 PM

People who don't understand what they're seeing everytime another player messes up because Boulware is the one usually trying to clean it up. If you can't tell who messed up when watching the game you have no right to complain IMO.

Re: No one said Ben hasn't made mistakes but he's blamed by

Feb 11, 2016, 7:24 PM

You're absolutely correct. I believe the only groups that got graded a C or worse all season were the linebackers, secondary & special teams.

I'm optimistic that all three of these groups will be better in 2016 than they were last year.

Re: No one said Ben hasn't made mistakes but he's blamed by

Feb 12, 2016, 8:53 AM

I think All in and Yankee helped explain my point better than I was able too

Feb 12, 2016, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: People seem to blame Ben for mistakes safeties or corners ]

Since A running back was the heisman winner, what % of the same position players on the teams that played A was their missed tackle %?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't wait for Boulware to set you straight via social media

Feb 11, 2016, 4:30 PM

In the meantime, please list 10 of the many busted assignments he had this past year that lead to points for opponents. It would also be helpful if you provide us with commentary on exactly where the "bust" occurred and what he should have done differently... and be very specific, not just "he should have tackled that opponent". It would also be great if you could video yourself executing perfect tackling technique, then post said video on tnet as a coaching tool.

This will go a long way towards your teaching Boulware a lesson he won't soon forget!

TIA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

He was also playing injured for a good bit.

Feb 11, 2016, 4:33 PM

I will wait until after this next season before I worry about good he will be in the NFL. He was pretty solid,but had some issues here and there. Let's see him with another year of experience and healthy.

He's a LB and it bothers you he challenges people

Feb 11, 2016, 4:36 PM

My opinion is the LB position is made for guys who want to be challenged
by anybody. Ben is a great player whose position is about reading a play in half a second and attacking.

A kid Bens age has super testosterone and he's ready to take on any challenge. His decision making brain isn't fully formed until 23 years old. He played hurt sacrificing himself for the best place on earth.

At his age I was ready to fight if challenged and it was stupid but we want Ben to be attacking and a great LB but we want to use the wise judgment of an older adult and tell him to do things we couldn't at that age.

It is so easy to judge his mistakes and split decisions on the field in hindsight but I wouldn't trade him for anybody else. He's a leader that enjoys playing and he constantly challenges his teammates to be better.

I have only seen him challenge two guys. The guy from OU and the crazy ESECPN analyst that put up a video of Ben. The guy was asked about his NFL draft status and he made statements about his future career that were negative. How he is drafted could mean millions to Ben. Ben wasn't rude, he just put up a film that without question covered his point just as he did with the OU guy. He did it with class.

Just my opinion. I love Ben and I'm so thankful we got on the ball and recruited him.

Go Tigers! GO BEN bring it with a healthy body! Zach Thomas reminds me df Ben.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I think Boulware is a good player.. BUT

Feb 11, 2016, 4:49 PM

Hopefully he sees this and screenshots for motivation this year

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to judge the whole body of work....

Feb 11, 2016, 5:02 PM

and in doing so, I hope he goes after every backseat coach ner'do well writer or opposing player he feels led to.

I like the fire. He aint perfect, neither is Deshaun. It's football, I like uppity in your face trash talking he men that can back up what they say....'especially' linebackers!

Go Ben Boulware!

id prefer you send me some money instead ofposting on tnet***

Feb 11, 2016, 5:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 11, 2016, 5:36 PM

"He had many of busted assignments this past year leading to points for opponents". As a observer sitting in the stands how do you know what his assignment was on any particular play. I'm not saying he never bust assignments but I will say a lot of players get blame when it wasn't their fought. That is why a coach says after a game "we will have to watch film and see what we called to see what went wrong". To me a busted assignment is not being in the right position the coach assigned you to make a tackle. A lot of times an opponents block you out of that position. That is why you must see all 22 players on film to see what went wrong.

Ben Boulware is a good P-5 conference football plays and lives life with an edge and I like that.
I never question his abilities or effort on the field.

Feb 11, 2016, 6:09 PM

If he can get healed up and shed 10lbs he will be a force.

Feb 11, 2016, 6:47 PM

We are not playing in the title game without Boulware. We are lucky to have him.

Feb 11, 2016, 6:59 PM

"We are not playing in the title game without Boulware."

I think you mean Deshaun Watson.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic