Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Caps off to USC’s Prez being only SEC voter to veto not playing in-state rival.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,402

Caps off to USC’s Prez being only SEC voter to veto not playing in-state rival.

Aug 1, 2020, 10:46 AM

Saying, the SEC vote was 13-1 to play a 10 game conference schedule only & do away with rivalry game..and he vetoed this.

Thx General Bob Caslen for trying, but no ice cream Sir!

Retired General & ex-President of West Point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Caps off to USC’s President being only SEC voter to veto not playing in-state rival.

Aug 1, 2020, 10:48 AM

I agree

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to not agree

Aug 1, 2020, 11:14 AM

Casket was the last to vote, he knew what the result was going to be. He’s just kissin ####....

Caslen .....***

Aug 1, 2020, 11:15 AM

Re: I tend to not agree

Aug 1, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to I tend to not agree ]

not like he was going to be out ice cream either way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I tend to not agree

Aug 1, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I tend to not agree ]

true but Clemson didnt vote against Swoff even though they knew the outcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Caps off to USC’s Prez being only SEC voter to veto not playing in-state rival.

Aug 1, 2020, 1:46 PM

It's always possible he was playing a political game (all about appearances), but I really think Bob Caslen is a straight shooter.

The state of SC, and USC, will really benefit from having him in charge. (Which means the students and faculty will oppose him on every meaningful decision he makes. )

Too bad he didn't get any more support from the rest of the SEC.

Re: Caps off to USC’s Prez being only SEC voter to veto not playing in-state rival.

Aug 1, 2020, 3:24 PM

I wondered how the votes went. Not that I don’t totally disagree with a few others who think it was a political/face saving move. But, since he’s a military man, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Actually surprised Dawg and Gator prez’s didn’t vote to keep their in state rival games, too. Not like either should be concerned with the Jackets or the ‘noles. Louisville vs Kentucky ... meh....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Aug 1, 2020, 3:36 PM

I am not one to question his motives but I'll tip my hat to him for having the guts to cast the lone dissenting vote. Florida, Georgia and Kentucky snubbed their ACC opponent.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,402
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic