Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer

May 16, 2019, 8:14 PM

Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer

Texas Tech wing Khavon Moore (6-7 215) announced a commitment to Clemson on Friday. Moore only saw action in one game due to injury last year as a freshman and Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer

May 16, 2019, 8:19 PM

Looks like a really good pickup. At least we should have him more than just one year, unlike most of the other transfers.

Do we still get players out of high school to commit anymore? LOL

May 16, 2019, 8:20 PM

which transfer did we have for just one year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

White was only here for one year...

May 16, 2019, 8:23 PM

For whatever that's worth.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had two to play when he showed up though and that was

May 16, 2019, 11:12 PM

his point

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a great pick up!

May 16, 2019, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

Some had Moore has a 5 star last year. Should be able to get the waiver this comin year to play moving a lot closer to home and hurt last season. Also can play in the front court some since he is 6-8. Huge get.

May 16, 2019, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

the Michigan kid Donnal comes to mind. And of course white came with 2 but left after one

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

Win for Brownlee. Keep them coming

May 16, 2019, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

Sucks he has to sit a year.

May 16, 2019, 8:46 PM

Shouldn't with the "family" clause. Will be great if he gets that year back, too.

There's a pretty good chance he will get a waiver***

May 17, 2019, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

May 17, 2019, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

The college system makes it where I am completely uninterested. I didn’t watch one game this past year. And I love basketball, played through high school, aau, and had offers from small schools. But went to Clemson. Funny to hear people say “committed” after they just picked up and left a place. I don’t blame the players though. Hope this young man has a great experience and wish him all the best. Clemson is a great place no matter what sport you play!

May 17, 2019, 7:07 AM

You're missing out. March Madness was awesome this past season.

May 17, 2019, 11:49 AM

I am sure it was. I get easily flustered with the reviews etc. I say let them play the game and get it over with. Calls go both ways. I don’t know the players and the games are frustrating to watch. Don’t worry Though I have plenty of things to keep me busy!

Soooooo mad***

May 17, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, high school is still where we get most of our players.***

May 17, 2019, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 16, 2019, 8:21 PM

Heeeeeck yea!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a great addition!***

May 16, 2019, 8:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yep, and much needed help in front court.***

May 17, 2019, 6:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a wing and not quite the kind of frontcourt player

May 17, 2019, 2:02 PM

that we're currently thin with.... I also pray that he gets the waiver for immediate eligibility because we could definitely use the talent that he should bring, and that Brad doesn't try to mold him into a player that he isn't...

Good Lord, who exactly has Brad tried to mold into the

May 17, 2019, 4:32 PM

player he wasn't? Specifically?

Mold Trapp into a PG, mold Donte G into a PF

May 20, 2019, 10:30 AM

mold Ajukwa and Oliver into spot up shooters, use DeVoe as an off the ball player when DeVoe clearly played better when the offense ran through him with the ball in his hands, mold Bernard Sullivan, Josh Smith, Sidy Djitte and Legend Robetin into ACC level basketball players...

Re: Mold Trapp into a PG, mold Donte G into a PF

May 20, 2019, 10:57 AM

You are an idiot.

Trapp: What would you try to mold him into? He isn't big enough to play anything other than guard. He doesn't shoot well enough to play SG. If he improves his ball handling, he could be a stud at PG. His athleticism and driving ability is elite.

Donte G: He never tried to mold him into a PF. What the hell have you been watching.

Oliver: That's what he was. A spot up shooter. Do you have access to basketball practice? Because by judging from the actual games, he did nothing other than shoot 3's.

THe others: If you are trying to argue that he tried to mold players into ACC basketball players as a bad thing, then you are completely lost.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I teach children to not engage in name calling because you

May 20, 2019, 11:05 AM

disagree with someone else's premise or opinions. Are you old enough to engage adults in conversation, or should you follow the tried and true edict that children may be seen but certainly should not be heard?

Don't engage me if you can't have a mature discussion... thanks...

Re: I teach children to not engage in name calling because you

May 20, 2019, 1:12 PM

I thought that was an appropriate response to someone trashing our head coach for trying to mold our recruits into ACC caliber players. Sorry that I offended you.

What would you try to "mold" Trapp into?

Also, why did you think that Brownell tried to "mold" Grantham into a PF when he attempted as many 3 pointers as he did 2 pointers in his career at Clemson? In fact, most people on here complained that Grantham hung out at the 3 point line too much.

May 21, 2019, 1:26 PM

Trapp's best game is creating off the dribble and slashing to paint, he's not so effective bringing the ball up the court and running the half court sets

Grantham took those shots in his first 2 years more from the 4 spot than the 3 spot because Blossomgame was in the 3 spot. BB was not running a stretch offense which left us vulnerable to being badly out rebounded when DG would be on the floor at the 4 but playing on the perimeter. BB runs very traditional offensive sets with expectations that each position will play in a traditional way...

I saw just as many complaints on here that DG needed to play "bigger", i.e., battle in the paint and rebound first, and play from the perimeter if it created a mismatch, because he did come in known as a shooting threat, although I think that DG would have been better served, especially early on, to work on his mid range shot to increase his shooting percentage than to play bombs away...

May 21, 2019, 2:03 PM

Again... Trapp is too small to play anything other than guard. He doesn't shoot well enough to play SG. We will see this year, but I think he has the chance to be a great PG.

I don't know what else to say on Grantham other than Blossomgame played way bigger than Grantham. If anything, Brownell tried to mold Blossomgame into a PF. Blossomgame actually played down low and Grantham was more of a slashing/perimeter player that shot just as many 3's as he did 2 pointers.

In never saw any indication that Brownell forced Grantham into playing PF.

May 21, 2019, 5:23 PM

Unfortumately, that makes Trapp not fit for ACC play and you are still trying to shoehorn a 2G into a PG position. Could he become serviceable, sure... great? that's not likely. Trapp more than likely won't become our next Mitchell or Reed, he just isn't that kind of player. A more direct comparison for Trapp is that he will become our next Jordan Roper, and he won't become any better. You say you think he has a chance to be a great PG; for me, a great PG is Mitchell without the knee issues. I say he will become serviceable; for me, that's what Roper was...

Blossomgame definitely played out of position but was talented enough to still be our best and most effective player even with DG on the floor. Blossomgame created mismatches against PFs who couldn't defend his athleticism well. DG's biggest issue was thinking more of his 3-point shot than was actual reality. Shooting range is built on a baseline of talent to be successful at it and the practice to cement that talent... it doesn't happen just because you chuck it up, otherwise we all could shoot 38-40% from 22 feet away...

May 16, 2019, 8:44 PM

Boom! Yes sir!!

May 16, 2019, 8:53 PM

Great news and great addition!!! Welcome!

May 16, 2019, 9:11 PM

So how many of these transfers can play this year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 9:24 PM

That's great news.

May 16, 2019, 9:37 PM

Maybe we just just quit recruiting high school kids. We seem to do well getting them on the “rebound”.

May 16, 2019, 9:57 PM

" The Transfer Tigers"!
I'm just saying. Probably a good game plan for now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson lands former four-star prospect transfer ]

Maybe that's a good thing, it may help out our rebound stats ;)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice size. Atta boy Brownlee***

May 16, 2019, 9:59 PM

May 16, 2019, 10:04 PM

I don't see anything about anybody else offering him, were we his only shot to leave Texass?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only schools he visited were ....

May 16, 2019, 11:38 PM

Clemson and Mercer. The other top schools he would have looked at didn't any spots at his position.

Word is that he has a newborn baby and that why he wanted to move so close to home. Should be able to get that waiver easily. Huge pickup!

this is no reflection on Moore, but I can see the NCAA

May 17, 2019, 2:09 PM

rejecting his waiver because he had several choices he could have made to avoid voluntarily becoming a father... I hope he gets the waiver, but I have no faith that the NCAA will do anything rational or logical...

Commonly referred to as the pull-out clause.***

May 17, 2019, 2:20 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

or invoke the "bag it to tag it"...

May 17, 2019, 2:47 PM

or the "let just your fingers do the walking"...
or the "just say no"...

LOL

May 16, 2019, 10:35 PM

SCORE!!!

May 16, 2019, 11:01 PM

Sounds good. Do we have room for another?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 11:30 PM

So excited to see you as a Tiger young man!! Welcome to the family!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet! Clemson Grit!***

May 17, 2019, 6:51 AM

Is it possible he could play this year as a freshman?

May 17, 2019, 7:29 AM

Medical hardship waiver for missing all but one game last year, and transferring to us for personal/family reasons?

Having him for four years, with the ability to play this year, would be great!

You never know with the NCAA

May 17, 2019, 8:57 AM

but he'd seem to have an excellent shot at immediate eligibility, with moving closer to home to be near an infant child.

Honor has a tougher sell, but if both are eligible, the prospects for next year look much less dire.

Still have one scholarship left. A straight grad transfer big would fit. Probably not an impact guy, but depth.

Why only a straight grad transfer?

May 17, 2019, 9:40 AM

You a homophobe or something?

smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Why only a straight grad transfer?

May 17, 2019, 9:52 AM

We don't need anyone on the post right now

Re: Is it possible he could play this year as a freshman?

May 17, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Is it possible he could play this year as a freshman? ]

So we’ve picked up several transfers and it sounds like this player will be able to play this season from what y’all are saying about the medical/family.

What about the other good transfers we’ve picked up? Will any of them be able to play this season? Tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he played QB the waiver would be a done deal***

May 17, 2019, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Is it possible he could play this year as a freshman? ]

May 17, 2019, 8:40 AM

This is a big pick up and if he is able to play this year will be excellent.
He is transferring for a family hardship to get closer to home so he just might not have to sit .

Finally***

May 17, 2019, 9:48 AM

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic