Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had a coot try to tell me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 5,027

Had a coot try to tell me

May 28, 2014, 8:37 PM

That SCC's engineering program was better than Clemson's

still SMH

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had a coot try to tell me

May 28, 2014, 8:41 PM

Did he actually believe what he was saying? Or just messing w you?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heard they have a great Sanitation

May 28, 2014, 8:44 PM

Engineering program.

Re: Heard they have a great Sanitation

May 28, 2014, 8:46 PM

AKA: trash men in training

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2014, 9:05 PM

gas pump engineering.......fry cook engineering.......yep

Can't be too great. Cootlumbia still smells like sewer.***

May 28, 2014, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Heard they have a great Sanitation ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

May 28, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Heard they have a great Sanitation ]

Yep, their biggest plant is right there in between Bluff Rd and Assembly Street.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friend of mine graduated from there in Engineering

May 28, 2014, 9:26 PM

because he had to live at home - could not afford to go anywhere else. He is smart and successful but admits the Clemson graduates are a big cut above theirs in general.

I'd tell him to enjoy the 5 wins...the rest of their blabber

May 28, 2014, 9:55 PM

is sheer desperation. Their attempting to put icing on the cake. But no matter how much you put on that cow patty of a program, it's still gonna taste like shizit.

I've also heard their gun safety classes sux ###...

Re: I'd tell him to enjoy the 5 wins...the rest of their blabber

May 28, 2014, 10:00 PM

That is a delusional bunch for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much better facilities

May 28, 2014, 10:37 PM

With all the train tracks through Columbia it is much easier for a young Coot to become a train driver.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2014, 11:21 PM

Lmao!!!

May 29, 2014, 1:08 AM

In all seriousness, my interaction with a limited number of the faculty and top students in USC's ChE program has been positive. I think their engineering program is likely very good overall, but my biased opinion is that Clemson's is definitely superior. That opinion seems to be supported by the independent rankings of the engineering schools that I have looked at.

A Clemson engineering degree is a tremendous value. My love of the school probably influenced my choice more than it should have, but I have never regretted the decision to get my engineering degree at Clemson .

$CU has a decent Engineering program....

May 29, 2014, 7:58 AM

for those people who can't, for whatever reason, attend one of the better Engineering schools.

If you are interested in majoring in Engineering and you are ranking your Engineering school options, at best, $CU would be considered a fall-back position and the independent rankings of the engineering schools more than support that position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 29, 2014, 8:03 AM

obviously another ignorant coot! It ain't even close!

Based on my experience, they can

May 29, 2014, 8:09 AM

design some pretty good pizzas.

May 29, 2014, 8:34 AM

I know a person that was a die hard South Carolina fan and he wanted to go into Engineering. His choice was Ga Tech or Clemson. He chose Clemson. Now he is a Clemson fan. Go Tigers!!!!

May 29, 2014, 10:27 AM

South Carolina's program is a lot smaller than Clemson's and thus doesn't have quite the same money or facilities. In terms of undergrad Clemson's program is definitely ranked higher, however South Carolina's program has been growing tremendously over the past few years and is getting much more competitive especially with the growing size of incoming classes as of late. Best way to describe it is that it is an up and coming program.

What the guy was prolly referring to is that recently South Carolina's graduate/doctorate research programs were rated higher than Clemson's, but like I said earlier Clemson's undergraduate program was still rated higher than South Carolina's.

All that said I think a big part of the ranking are because of the size difference of the programs. As a recent graduate of South Carolina that works at a large engineering firm in Greenville with a lot of Clemson recent graduates, I wouldn't say that they are really any better prepared coming into the working environment than I was.

(Not trying to talk smack or anything with this, just trying to add to the discussion with personal experience from the other side)

I suspect your employer would disagree...

May 29, 2014, 11:10 AM

which might also explain why this large engineering firm employs a lot of Clemson graduates compared to a far fewer number of $CU grds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I suspect your employer would disagree...

May 29, 2014, 11:19 AM

Actually it's about equal parts in terms of the people that were hired in at the same time I was

Only because Seaton has pushed for alma mater - no other

May 29, 2014, 5:47 PM

reason.....

Your neck is going to get tire if you are still shaking your

May 29, 2014, 2:19 PM

head. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 5,027
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic