Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I sure as hell hope all of you sell your tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,750

I sure as hell hope all of you sell your tickets

Oct 18, 2013, 5:49 AM

With what is floating around on StubHub and various boards, there gonna be a lot of empty seats SAT night. 1 ticket outlet has close to 1000 just on their site. Need a packed house.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sure as hell hope all of you sell your tickets

Oct 18, 2013, 6:11 AM

Saddest part is so many of those on those sites go to opponents, I'd bet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2013, 6:24 AM

Greed is going to cost us empty seats! I will take 1 lower for my son and 1 for his buddy if two are available at face value

Oct 18, 2013, 6:41 AM

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the face value these days? I am very far from my roots . Guess I haven't been to a game since '69.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2013, 6:43 AM

70 dollars for this one!

Oct 18, 2013, 6:53 AM

Thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

living in vermont is no excuse for not attending :)***

Oct 18, 2013, 6:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: living in vermont is no excuse for not attending :)***

Oct 18, 2013, 7:46 AM

Well , It's got me thinking anyway. It's 1050 miles to DV. Thankfully sat tv seems to always carry the games and now that Cuse has joined the ACC ,probably will improve the likelihood of the games being carried in this region. Still, nothing like being there.

Re: living in vermont is no excuse for not attending :)***

Oct 18, 2013, 8:39 AM

you're from Washington VT? I'm from the mad river valley, Clemson grad 04 - 08, live in buffalo now unfortunately. Too bad its already Friday, woulda told you to meet me somewhere and drive down!

Settle down

Oct 18, 2013, 8:23 AM

A lot of those tickets are people who are seeing if they can get those prices for their tickets. If not most will go to the game.

Also, as another poster pointed out. Those tickets are tickets that 75% of the time get picked up by the visitor team. They sold their allotment and have no other real source of getting tickets besdies these markets online.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's amazing to me...

Oct 18, 2013, 8:30 AM

how many people in their regular life want to preach the virtues of a free market economy...except when it comes to buying football tickets.

Not trying to be political, just stating how principles change for some when it hits their wallet. For the record, I am a free market guy, and if someone can get a millon bucks a ticket good for them. I don't have to buy them if I don't want to, and if the price is too high they'll lower it to meet the market demand.

I'm just glad we have a team worthy of being the hottest ticket in sports because I remember times when I could buy a ticket outside DV for $10.

Re: It's amazing to me...

Oct 18, 2013, 12:44 PM

I am for free market, too. I was just raised that you sell your tickets for face and we always gave the parking pass to the buyer. If someone has set a price that will cause them not to go that is one thing, but I can't take advantage of a fellow fan of my team and just happy to get my money back. This policy has worked well for me since I have been able to buy tickets to the coot game when it is away for face, have bought all of my bowl tickets for face, was even given 4 tickets to the Champs Bowl vs Colorado and scored game 5 ticket to the Phillies and stankees in Philly for 50 less than face. Make your money and I will stick with my plan

The OP didn't say anything about the asking prices of those

Oct 18, 2013, 1:09 PM [ in reply to It's amazing to me... ]

tickets. He just said there were 1000 for sale, indicating there might be 1000 empty seats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2013, 10:04 AM

greed will get alot of people stuck with their tickets, or they will wait to long to sell them and get less than they wanted.

Agree. I've been trying to find a ticket since its

Oct 18, 2013, 11:59 AM

My day out while the hubby babysits. With a new baby I can't pay $250 a ticket. Apparently some fans would rather make a buck than put Clemson fans that bleed orange in their seats. I guess I'm not gonna make the trip because you couldn't find many Georgia tickets. This game is gonna be worse!

Re: Agree. I've been trying to find a ticket since its

Oct 18, 2013, 12:11 PM

I bought one yesterday in the upper deck for less than $250. $159 plus fees. I was planning to see if I could get one outside the stadium close to kickoff but I decided, I didn't want to risk it. (Next time, I will buy before the season starts!)

Re: Agree. I've been trying to find a ticket since its

Oct 18, 2013, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Agree. I've been trying to find a ticket since its ]

I am not knocking anyone for selling their tickets at a high price....i just hope they get sold. thats a lot of empty seats otherwise.

Face Value. ... lol

Oct 18, 2013, 12:54 PM

I could not get $5 for my wife's lower deck ticket last week. Where was all the "I bleed orange and pay face value" fans then.

Sell it for what you can get, period.

Oct 18, 2013, 1:16 PM

I agree. We need to make sure the stadium is packed ! If you have not received what you are "asking" by now, you probably are not going to get it. Lower the price and ensure they get purchased by Clemson fans !
Just make offers to some of these people. That is what I did and was able to get 45 yd line seats on the home side for a very reasonable price. I also got a parking pass for $50 !

Oct 18, 2013, 4:28 PM

I sold 4 tickets on the 50 in the lower north stands for $155/ticket. Felt like that was a fair price for selling them to three Clemson alums and one of them's girlfriend, and I think the buyer felt it was fair too. Would have looked for $200-$250 per if it had been to someone other than an alum, unless they were the Rockefellers or something. Would not have sold them for any price to a non-Clemson fan.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thankfully a fellow tiger fan came through. Got upper for

Oct 18, 2013, 6:55 PM

$100. Might have been able to find lowers at game time but I didn't wanna risk it. $100 is fair to me

Shout out

Oct 18, 2013, 9:37 PM

To Jonathan McGuire who sold me a seat for 75 so I can drive up tomorrow and contribute to orange sea and an extra decimal

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,750
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic