Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nunes' face during the recess
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Nunes' face during the recess

Nov 13, 2019, 12:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Nunes' face during the recess

Nov 13, 2019, 12:48 PM

It really is crazy that they wanted all this brought to light.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize this is all show. They will

Nov 13, 2019, 2:12 PM

impeach and in about as fast as they can get congress in session it will be acquitted.

Or are you still thinking he is going to be packed up and leaving about Spring 2020

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do realize this is all show. They will

Nov 13, 2019, 2:21 PM

What will Trumps defense be for obstructing Congress? For all the Republican claims of second hand information, there are several Trump officials that have refused congressional testimony at the direction of the President and his attorneys that have first hand information. How is preventing their testimony not obstruction?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, at risk of wasting my time...

Nov 13, 2019, 5:06 PM

3 equal branches of Government. There is no law requiring Trump to cooperate with congress. Executive privilege is well define in...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_privilege

If the house wanted what they are claiming Trump is legally obligated to give them they would march across the street and seek the SCOTUS' help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, at risk of wasting my time...

Nov 13, 2019, 7:04 PM

Executive privilege may be defined on Wikipedia but it is not in the Constitution. Also it is not a get out of jail free card. It has its limits. And by already releasing the call transcript, Trumps case is weak.

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-napolitano-says-trump-weakening-executive-privilege-case-1471209

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/could-executive-privilege-protect-trump-in-the-impeachment-inquiry/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, at risk of wasting my time...

Nov 13, 2019, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Uh, at risk of wasting my time... ]

3 equal branches of Government. There is no law requiring Trump to cooperate with congress. Executive privilege is well define in...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_privilege

If the house wanted what they are claiming Trump is legally obligated to give them they would march across the street and seek the SCOTUS' help.

Co-equal branches of government. They share power. Trump absolutely is required by law to cooperate with Congress. Just as he is subject to the jurisdiction of the courts.

See, I think that's part of Trump's problem. He sees himself as a 'ruler' as opposed to a 'public servant'. That distinction is one of the things that has made America the greatest Democracy in history.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do realize this is all show. They will

Nov 13, 2019, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: You do realize this is all show. They will ]

They just wont care. They will just blow it off.

I strongly dislike this argument.

Nov 13, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to You do realize this is all show. They will ]

Just because the Senate may vote to not remove him from office, does NOT mean this is waste of time, or a show. That's a slap in the face to the founders of this country, who put this impeachment process in place, and to the constitutional authority of the House of Representatives.

It's a perfectly fine, legal, proper, logical, outcome for the House to impeach and the Senate to acquit. There's nothing wasteful or show about it. That's two houses doing their Constitutional jobs.

Re: I strongly dislike this argument.

Nov 13, 2019, 6:12 PM

2 jobs

House Dems - “Clown show”

Senate Pubs - “Adults in the Room”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I strongly dislike this argument.

Nov 13, 2019, 8:24 PM [ in reply to I strongly dislike this argument. ]

Its a blind partisan waste of time.

Replies: 10