Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still think the game on Saturday comes down to two things:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,911

I still think the game on Saturday comes down to two things:

Nov 24, 2013, 4:01 PM

whether Clowney decides he wants to to play and if so, how our O-Line (or playcalling) handles him.

And our front 7 vs. Mike Davis.

If we can neutralize Clowney and hold Davis to under 100 yards, I say we win by 7 or more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest thing to me is our defense is clearly better

Nov 24, 2013, 4:14 PM

this year than any of the previous four games against SCAR, and their defense is clearly not as good. The only reason they are 9-2 is that they had no games with Auburn, Bama, LSU, or A&M on their schedule.

They lost 11 of their top 22 on defense from last year, and most of those guys were in that two deep over the last couple of years. It shows this year.

Re: The biggest thing to me is our defense is clearly better

Nov 24, 2013, 4:20 PM

Like your analysis, now if Morris does not give up on the run again, we win!(I could not believe Morris's 2nd half last year after we had great rushing first half!)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2013, 4:29 PM

If they are so bad would does Vegas have them by 6.
It would normally be two and a half or three, but six is big.

Nov 24, 2013, 4:50 PM

Why does

You have no clue how Vegas makes their money do you...

Nov 24, 2013, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The biggest thing to me is our defense is clearly better ]

last year they got rich on Clemson fans thinking we had this one in the bag...

Run along clucker...and hey, drop a benji on the game while you're at it doofus, if -6 is so compelling.

They? Haha you are funny cockstripe.***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: The biggest thing to me is our defense is clearly better ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2013, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: The biggest thing to me is our defense is clearly better ]

It's 4.5.

Their offense is a bit better this year IMO although they

Nov 24, 2013, 7:36 PM [ in reply to The biggest thing to me is our defense is clearly better ]

have been a little inconsistent.

Re: I still think the game on Saturday comes down to two things:

Nov 24, 2013, 4:33 PM

I'm pretty concerned about the deep ball over us.

Agree but 2 diff things 1.Turnover 2.Most important toughnes

Nov 24, 2013, 5:38 PM

We play like we did like we did last year (like candybuts) and play scared we lose

We play tough like we did against LSU we win

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree but 2 diff things 1.Turnover 2.Most important toughnes

Nov 24, 2013, 7:21 PM

Yeah, I think clemson needs a good start to take the pressure off. You used the word "scared," which is a strong word but I think it fits. It isn't our team they are scared of, though. Its the streak and the pressure of knowing how badly yalls fanbase wants this game. I think a good start by clemson could be very bad for us. Would possibly force us into clemson's type of game. What scares me is we have been a rather slow starting team this year, especially on defense. We seem to adjust well as the game goes on but against the clemson offense you start slow and you may be behind by multiple scores before adjusting. Plus, the crowd gets quitened which would be very bad for us. Its going to be extremely intense and electric. If we lose that its going to suck a lot if energy out of the place and put the pressure on our guys.

I said the other day on here that I think whoever starts best wins the game. Our gameplans, especially tempo, are so drastically different that whoever gets behind is going to find themselves in the type of game they do not want to play.

Good insight Mark.

Nov 24, 2013, 7:36 PM

Should be an interesting game.

Nov 24, 2013, 5:49 PM

I'm not worried about Mike Davis and their running game. I'm worried about Shaw not getting pressured. Our secondary is still shaky, and I worry about them getting burned on the deep ball. I also worry about Shaw running the ball. He is quick and elusive, and has shown the ability to run on us for big yards in the past.

To win the game, we have got to pressure him and hit him early. Every time he runs the ball he needs to pay the price by getting hit, and hit hard.

Nov 24, 2013, 7:33 PM

Preventing Clowney from disrupting the offensive flow is key, but holding Davis to under a 100, combined with having to deal with Brandon Wilds, might be another story. Pressure is squarely on you guys.

Nov 24, 2013, 10:41 PM

Two keys for South Carolina are Shaw getting first downs with his legs and our DL pressuring Boyd. If y'all stop those two its a wrap

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,911
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic