Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still just don't understand...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I still just don't understand...

Oct 20, 2017, 2:54 AM

I just don't get it- can someone please help me understand the MASSIVE drop off in performance of our defense in the Cuse game?

The part that is most confusing to me is the total lack of signs in previous games to this performance. Our defense was absolutely dominant, minus a couple lapses here and there. But our d has been the keynote to our success this year.

I've heard "they were gassed", "got out-schemed", "Wilkins and DL were 'manhandled all night (some-fucking how by cuses o-line), etc. It could be and is likely a number of these things combined. But how would these 4, 5 star talents playing like they have AS A UNIT this whole year, just "become exhausted" all the sudden in one game?

Can someone help explain this to me that actually understands the game of football? Did ANYONE see that coming? I can't compute this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had a great gameplan

Oct 20, 2017, 5:00 AM

Get.rid of the ball super quickly. It helped that their qb couldn't miss. We didn't seem to change up our D after halftime tho. Kind of confused.by that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still just don't understand...

Oct 20, 2017, 5:11 AM

Easy...too many players looking to sideline for defensive call while Syracuse is hiking the ball. Leads to a confused defense, combined with penalties and offense unable to sustain drives, perfect storm.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:15 AM

"Easy...too many players looking to sideline for defensive call while Syracuse is hiking the ball. Leads to a confused defense, combined with penalties and offense unable to sustain drives, perfect storm. "

This!! CBV should have been ready for this. We should at least be able to send in plays on D as fast as they sent in plays on O. There was no time to "read the defense" first. Be ready for that!

Oct 20, 2017, 8:18 AM

* meant "read the offense"

Oct 20, 2017, 6:01 AM

Agree. I was more disappointed with the defense and the lack of preparation than anything else.. Coach V is one of the best in the business but we should have been better prepared for the quick snap...

What happened? Here you go

Oct 20, 2017, 7:23 AM

Kelly was hurt from the get-go.
Defense confused and not prepared for quick snaps
Too confident going in to the game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened? Here you go

Oct 20, 2017, 7:43 AM

You can NEVER be too confident as a competitor .
Losses happen for various reasons , but being confident in your ability to best an opponent is primal to doing so .
Doesn't mean that will happen , but you need confidence to succeed .
Too little confidence is usually a coffin nail , conversely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 20, 2017, 7:25 AM

I call it the YING and the YANG effect. The OFFENSE absolutely has to stay on the field enough to allow the DEFENSE to rest. THAT failed all night long. Field position didn't help either. The D can only do so much. The O has got to be able to help a little bit. They failed.

That doesn't explain how they took the

Oct 20, 2017, 8:29 AM

opening kick and RAN the ball right down the throat of our nickle defense. And we never made an adjustment to stop them. I HATE nickle/prevent D. All it prevents is good defense.

If we had a do-over and played our normal aggressive style of D it wouldn't have mattered that the O was limited by KB's injury.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 20, 2017, 7:26 AM

hopefully it was a wake up call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2017, 7:53 AM

Confusion for the defense in atleast the first half of play. A 5 star db playing out of position = 1 star performance and busted chunk plays. The 4th quarter was frustration and fatigue contributed by the offense's problems. I expect Venables will see more of this strategy as it is an equalizer. He has got to find a way to have the defense ready and aligned at the snap.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:06 AM

Cuse has a very good QB and two WR that could play for anybody in the country.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:44 AM

We just got out coached and out played. The coaches were not prepared and that led to the team not being prepared.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic