Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still have faith in Brownell.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,097

I still have faith in Brownell.

Mar 7, 2015, 9:41 PM

The team won more games than I thought. I was expecting .500 at best. We had some good wins, some bad losses. Facilities are being improved, we have two 4 star guys coming in so far and Brownell has a lengthy contract. We are up against teams who have been on top for years while we have had limited success overall. Recruit, recruit, recruit !
I feel we are on the right path overall. It will take a few more years to get where we want to be.

I also think our success in football will also bleed over a bit and help recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still have faith in Brownell.

Mar 7, 2015, 9:50 PM

Recruiting is his weakest skill and it shows. We need a big time scorer now. I wouldn't care if he couldn't play defense. Just score!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2015, 9:52 PM

Just wait until the year after next or the year after that. LOL

Mar 7, 2015, 10:03 PM

Very frustrating...He has had time to put a better team on the floor. Next year does have a ray of hope with some seasoned and experienced players.....

I like him but when your players start tweeting that we have

Mar 7, 2015, 10:09 PM

the worst fan support in the ACC, I don't have much confidence in future recruiting. You know other teams will use this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is "poor fan support" the reason why...

Mar 7, 2015, 11:21 PM

our basketball programs stinks, and why this team SUCKS?

I call bullshyatt on that. Poor talent, poor coaching are the reason our basketball team STINKS. Make some semblance of recognizable progress... beat shyatty teams like Gardner Webb / Winthrop / Rutgers etc... QUIT SUCKING SO BAD!!! Then people will come to watch.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2015, 10:28 PM

We are only going to get so many high caliber recruits and we have to develop the others through the system. If Kj hadn't bolted this would have been a competitive team this year. We don't have a true point guard and Kj's ability to score from anywhere covered that up. It doesn't appear to be lack of coaching but lack of consistent performance from any of the starters. How can you coach a team to go long stretches (numerous minutes) without scoring a single basket.

I still have hope in Brownell.

Mar 8, 2015, 12:13 AM

The faith bucket for me has been used up at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Brownell, but recruiting MUST improve.

Mar 8, 2015, 12:40 AM

The two new PGs may be a step in the right direction, but in year SIX, it may be too little, too late. He's got to knock it out of the park on the recruiting trail next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I like Brownell, but recruiting MUST improve.

Mar 8, 2015, 12:56 AM

Agree. His '16 class needs to be huge since it is the fist class in the new LJ. I like what we have coming in and what's coming back but he is running out of time even with the new contract.

bad attitude - media driven - who cares if success happens

Mar 8, 2015, 5:35 AM [ in reply to I like Brownell, but recruiting MUST improve. ]

in year 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10?

And if Brad is the guy to ultimately change the level of Clemson basketball for the long term, then why quibble about this year or that? Heck, at the end of last season he was the hero.

When you count the years off, all you're counting is the limits of your impatience...

The rate of attrition seems equal to the rate of recruiting.

Mar 8, 2015, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I like Brownell, but recruiting MUST improve. ]

His limited success on the recruiting trail is cancelled as players leave the program through graduation or transfer. Not that those players were great players, but we aren't replacing them with sufficient talent improvement to compensate for the loss of roster maturity and experience.

You have to look optimistically hard to see forward progress in the program. Hopefully, the two new guards will give us the speed, ball handling and shooting we lack on the perimeter. That, and we need to avoid the lack of progression of our returning players(sans JB) that we experienced this off season. I am not as hopeful as I was before that those things will happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The rate of attrition seems equal to the rate of recruiting.

Mar 8, 2015, 12:11 PM

I do like some of our guys and the potential is there but a good example is blossomgame... if I'm not mistaken he can leave after next year and judging by comments it doesn't seem like he's dying to stick around...if he leaves we are right back at square one unless the recruits are that much more improved scorers over what we have been getting

Unlike football players, basketball players can leave after

Mar 8, 2015, 12:28 PM

one year, but yes, it would be a setback if he left. Not sure he has the size for the NBA, unless his shooting improves dramatically and he can play a shooting guard that rebounds and defends well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,097
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic