Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I should be...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,199

I should be...

Feb 7, 2016, 1:05 PM

I should be reading this Intro to engineering class text book on using MATLAB to multiply, transpose, solve problems using matrices... instead I'm scanning the TNet boards wondering why so little activity today... (Refreshes page)... still no new topics!

What should you be doing instead?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I should be...

Feb 7, 2016, 1:15 PM

Reading your English Lit Book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2016, 1:36 PM

Haha! You cannot read my English lit book bc I did all of my English courses back at CU in 2002-2003 lol.

Feb 7, 2016, 2:16 PM

Nice to know I'm not the only one refreshing. :)

Feb 7, 2016, 2:21 PM

Yeah, decided a 12 year break was just the right amount of time to get back in school. It's so much easier living in AZ with a 50 hr a week job, a wife, a 3 year old and a 2 week old than it was with no job and living in Byrnes 6B6...

Case in point, tell your kids to stay in school... Lol.

Feb 7, 2016, 2:23 PM

I've been thinking about too lately my man... Pretty disheartening when all the admissions requirements say something along the lines of, "all prerequisite coursework must be within 5 years of matriculation into the program".

So basically, I'd have to start all over again. What's a bachelors degree if it doesn't count for anything after 14 years? :(

That's similar to rewriting the history books... and then,

Feb 7, 2016, 2:25 PM

there's the MONEY!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's similar to rewriting the history books... and then,

Feb 7, 2016, 2:30 PM

They should be more honest with you in college instead of treating you like an ATM. If someone would have told me I could have majored in golf and gone to med school as long as I picked up the 5 prereq science courses, I probably would have done that. Similarly, if someone at the graduation tapped the mic and announced, "oh and by the way, find out what you want to do with the rest of your life in the next 5 years or this piece of paper will just be another frame on the wall" - that also would have been helpful.

Feb 7, 2016, 3:20 PM

Exactly the reason for my break. Realized after one Semester that I no longer wanted to be a math teacher so I took some time to find out what I wanted to do. Thankfully ASU now has a 100% online Engineering Management, BSE so I get a (weak) engineering degree (essentially Indistrial Engineering, but not as rigid as their criteria) and a management degree all at once. Perfect for advancing in my field.

Feb 7, 2016, 4:04 PM

I'm glad you've figured it out bro, hat is off to you for going back!

Feb 7, 2016, 4:57 PM

Thanks, but the real credit goes to my wife for all the sacrifices she is making!

Feb 7, 2016, 3:17 PM [ in reply to That's similar to rewriting the history books... and then, ]

I'm the only one in the family that the IRS knows is working so I qualified for financial aid, work also contributes up to $5,250 a year for tuition and fees (but not books ??)

Feb 7, 2016, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I should be... ]

ASU accepted all of my credits from Clemson regardless of their "maturity". Unfortunately only 4 credits count towards my degree and all electives have to be technical electives so 16 of my 26 credit hours are useless.

Feb 7, 2016, 2:33 PM

Finishing my calculus review but I'm in the same boat. I'm constantly refreshing haha

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic