Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I say Venerables is going to Kearse Gurley (get it?)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 833

I say Venerables is going to Kearse Gurley (get it?)

Aug 26, 2014, 10:41 AM

IMO Kearse starts over Jadar because he is the Gurley Equalizer. Kearse is suppose to better run stopping while Jadar Johnson better in pass coverage. I assume Venerables wants to stop the run first and make UGA 1D - so I would expect to see Kearse early and often and go go from there. Anothony aginst UGA last year took a few bad gaps or was hit-up on a Second Tier Blocks. I don't expect that this year but if needed I expected Kearse to fill the gap and match Gurley's power. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I say Venerables is going to Kearse Gurley (get it?)

Aug 26, 2014, 10:51 AM

I am by no means a coach, but I think that we must stop the run, at least slow it down like we did in the Orange Bowl. I think most people expected Hyde to run all over us, but that did not happen. He got 115 yards but averaged 4.5 ypc where he had averaged well over 7 the rest of the year.

I am not sure what BV did to slow the OSU run down, but I expect him to do the same thing with UGA. Bring more in the box? Not sure... I think we can leave our DB's single coverage, at least one of our DB's can man up on anyone they have, which leaves more for run support.

I do not have the answer, but I bet Venables does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables didn't do anything special. The DL stepped up

Aug 26, 2014, 10:54 AM

Early in the UGA game they were moved out of position and the LB and safeties weren't where they needed to be which is how Gurley got his yards. As the year progressed you saw the DL hold their gaps much better, Jarett refused to be moved by SC or OSU, and once that happened the LBs could key in on the RB and stop them. I expect more of the same. For Jarett and those boys to crush the interior OG and let Anthony, Steward, etc make the play.

Yeah Gurley's long run was because of the LB and Safety

Aug 26, 2014, 10:52 AM

In this case it was Blanks last year that messed up. He was poor in run support for most of the year to be honest, though he was better in pass coverage then Kearse. I too would move Kearse up to the line and play press coverage on their WRs especially with Mitchell and Wesley out. If Mason can beat us through the air fine but I'm not going to allow Gurley or Marshall to beat us on the ground.

If we stop the run first half - what is UGA's counter?

Aug 26, 2014, 10:59 AM

Assuming the score is close - will they keep doing what they do hoping to break one or go for air attack play-action.

Aug 26, 2014, 11:19 AM

Well isn't their plan to get girly the ball in space.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2014, 12:14 PM

Lets just hope while he is laying out Gurley that the ball is not being thrown over his head!

Replies: 6
| visibility 833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic