Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville

Sep 29, 2016, 7:49 PM

Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say PSYCHE then they will change into all orange

Sep 29, 2016, 7:52 PM

after pregame activities...

MAYBE.

Sep 29, 2016, 7:53 PM

Maybe!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I say PSYCHE then they will change into all orange

Sep 29, 2016, 7:59 PM [ in reply to I say PSYCHE then they will change into all orange ]

guess some have not figured out that dabo aint into the uni mumbo jumbo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I say PSYCHE then they will change into all orange

Sep 29, 2016, 9:34 PM

Actually they could have decided on all orange and change after pregame to mess with louisville qb's mind and really fire the crowd up

who wants to do abs in 8 minutes

Sep 30, 2016, 11:10 AM

when you can do them in seven?

https://youtu.be/JB2di69FmhE?t=20s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: FB Update: Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville

Sep 29, 2016, 7:56 PM

Dumb! Do we have to tell everything on social media these days. What happened to the element of SUPRISE!

Why doesn't everyone just tweet out their first play on offense too.

Sep 29, 2016, 9:34 PM

We play to a standard, uniforms don't matter. Per Dabo. So why would we care if they know what we're wearing?

Just one less distraction on the table each week by advertising it early. And, as an added bonus: recruiting tool.

I totally agree!! GO TIGERS!! BYOG***

Sep 30, 2016, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville ]

Sep 29, 2016, 8:07 PM

I cannot fn wait to just beat the living #### out of Louisville.

This is so stupid

Sep 29, 2016, 8:17 PM

If Dabo and company are so regularly gonna eschew wearing orange pants for big games, then the idea of the uniform as announcement worthy is a joke. A Tweet to say they're wearing orange on white? Ohhhh, what a shock. I'll be sure to check out twitter to see what's on tap next week!! Ohhh, the suspense!!

And the whole "business suits" thing is sort of corny. It doesn't make sense to be so predictable with uniforms all the time, and then have a cutsy social media practice of announcing the perfunctory predictability.

Good grief Dabo. Have 'em wear all orange for big games during the season. It doesn't HAVE to be a championship game of any sort. Clemson's tradition is to whip them out for big games - a little extra pyschological somein'-somein'!! And for goodness sake have em wear purple every now and then, not just the all purple once a year.

I disagree

Sep 29, 2016, 8:24 PM

Orange versus Coots, ACCCG, National Championship. Louisville doesn't warrant orange pants. Yes, their ranked third in the country but BFD, it's the third time Clemson has played them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Sep 29, 2016, 9:04 PM

LOLville dosen't deserve orange britches. this is just another game. 1 of 12 no big deal. Just go do work and get the win.

Re: I disagree

Sep 29, 2016, 9:09 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

You are all over it! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

You almost had it right! Except you added Scar to that list, we will never wear all orange for Scar.

ORANGE PANTS AND ORANGE TOPS ARE FOR CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.

and the list of people to respond to for saying this is dumb to put the uni combo out there is too long, so I'll say this to the general list of ppl, shut up hahahhaha

Sep 29, 2016, 10:09 PM

We absolutely wear orange pants against the coots, what have you been watching? We wore all orange last time we played them at home (2014) and we wore orange pants against them last year at their place. Its for the state championship, dabo let's them wear them for championship games.

Erm, no

Sep 30, 2016, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I disagree ]

All-orange is for whatever big game the coaches decide to pull it out for.

only 3rd time?

Sep 30, 2016, 6:08 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

what difference does that make? They wore all orange vs OU in the bowl games the last two years, and those were what, the third and fourth times we'd played OU?

might not be a big game ??

Sep 29, 2016, 8:24 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

Time will tell

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree I am not a fan of referring to them as "business"

Sep 29, 2016, 8:25 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

suits. Nor do I like this game being called an "interview"

Re: agree I am not a fan of referring to them as "business"

Sep 29, 2016, 9:11 PM

Were you a fan of the duel between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton being referred to as an "interview?" Because it was and still is...

The term "interview" can be a gentile way of referring to a slaughter.

^^^ *genteel* ^^^***

Sep 29, 2016, 9:12 PM

Re: This is so stupid

Sep 29, 2016, 8:25 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

Good Lord man, they're just uniforms. You seem genuinely bent out of shape about this. Maybe we should fire dabo and get a coach in here that lets them wear snazzy uniforms.

Srop your whining

Sep 29, 2016, 9:13 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

So, we announce what our uniform is gonna be. BFD. if you don't care, don't read the article

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Stop yours . . .

Sep 30, 2016, 6:11 PM

You don't like the post? Don't read it, if that's your philosophy. If I think the tweet is dumb, I'll say so, punk.

Lighten up Francis

Sep 29, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

Jeezus

Disagree

Sep 29, 2016, 9:27 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

We should wear what we would ordinarily wear for a home game at this point in the season.
Changing it up would be out of character for everything I have seen Dabo represent.
Wake Forest can beat us, North Carolina can beat us. Louisville is no different.
I thinking putting on a uni that is out of the ordinary would send the wrong message to our players.

Re: Disagree

Sep 30, 2016, 6:13 PM

By that logic, why would orange pants EVER be on tap? If the fact that we could just as well lose to team x as y is a universal leveler, then we should never change unless the road uniform rule demands it (i.e. dark vs. white jersey).

Hope you're not one of the players, and this is your concern

Sep 29, 2016, 9:50 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

We'd be chit Creek if that's what's going to make the difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one said anything about it making a difference***

Sep 30, 2016, 6:14 PM

mrmatt, why don't you cry a little more?

Sep 29, 2016, 9:56 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

I bet you were a fan of the orange on purple, or the purple on orange!?! Bawahwah wahhh! Cry me a river!

You're doing a lot of whining and crying about others'

Sep 30, 2016, 6:05 PM

alleged crying. Yes, Im a fan of wearing our colors. Problem with that?

The whole "wearing orange pants for big games" thing...

Sep 29, 2016, 10:40 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

lost its mystique years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's true . . .

Sep 30, 2016, 6:15 PM

and the past just is what it is in that respect, but there's no reason it couldn't return with a little cultivation. And, to be fair, Dabo is doing that somewhat, but he's letting some unquestionably big games roll under the "uniform radar."

Are you really that upset

Sep 29, 2016, 10:58 PM [ in reply to This is so stupid ]

that Dabo picked the "business suit" to go out and meet up with the Cards? Perhaps you do not know the fundamentals of how football games are won. I can assure you the uniform of any team has never won said team a game. Ever.
GO TIGERS!!

How upset do you mean?

Sep 30, 2016, 6:20 PM

I didn't quantify an amount, it's just an expressed criticism, that's all.

And, it astonishes me how many folks respond to uniform talk with the ole "it doesn't affect the game" schtick. Of course it doesn't! I didn't say otherwise. And technically speaking, neither does running down The Hill, rubbing Howard's Rock, wearing orange, tailgating beforehand, throwing the All-In Chip into the bucket, etc. etc. etc.. If you don't think traditions matter, then that's on you, but don't conflate it with superstition.

Sep 29, 2016, 8:33 PM

Ready to switch back to last years uniforms

Did anyone else notice that white helmet

Sep 29, 2016, 9:12 PM

in the corner?

Sep 29, 2016, 9:13 PM

The orange pants are not "big game" pants anymore. They are our "championship" uniforms. It's been said and nobody wants to acknowledge it or pay attention. Go back the last couple seasons and you will notice we only wear orange pants when a "championship" of some sort is on the line.

State championship
Division championship
Conference championship
Bowl championship

These are the only games we will wear orange pants for anymore. And I think it's awesome.

This doesn't make sense for a couple of reasons

Sep 30, 2016, 7:18 PM

I mean, I think you're right - that's the M.O., but I think Dabo is overthinking it. I take it this approach began after the 2011 season when we took it on the chin from WVU in the Orange Bowl (wearing all orange) - b/c it wasn't long after that there was some questions to and discussion from Dabo about laying off the uniform variety for a while b/c he said it was a distraction - and Clemson didn't wear orange pants but two times over the next two seasons, and didn't wear all orange at all in 2012. So that's when I'm assuming this "championship" standard for orange pants started. Besides, by any measure, the use of them before that was not in line with that.

But even since then it dosen't add up - for instance they were worn against FSU early in the season in 2012, before clinching the Atlantic was possible. They were NOT worn in the "State Championship" in either 2012 or 2013 (but then were in '14 and '15). Besides, the "State Championship" is a moniker of sorts, for goodness sake - not a championship per se. It's a good moniker, but we all know what it means - and if Dabo's gonna be that semantic about allowing it for "championship" purposes, then what about the NC State game for the "Textile Bowl Championship"? I mean, it gets a bit absurd trying to play it that way - I mean, if it's for championships and not big games generally, then why championships? Ostensibly it's b/c Championships or championship related games are BIG, important games! So then, we only use them for ACC Championship games, South Carolina games (and only b/c we designated it a "championship" due to it's informal title - and even then only SOME SC games, like vs a 3-8 team that just lost to Citadel), games in which we clinch a division, playoff games or Nat'l Title games, as well as OTHER bowls (OU Champs sports Bowl). Plus the occasional FSU game that doesn't clinch . . . but an game vs #3 ranked division opponent that handed ate FSU's lunch? No dice, apparently. "Business suits."

championships are bi

Quick we should organize a "chrome-out" for the game..

Sep 29, 2016, 9:25 PM

everyone wear chrome!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah!!!! #Businesssuits

Sep 29, 2016, 9:30 PM

NOW HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like a BOSS!

Sep 29, 2016, 9:50 PM

We miss you Andy, your "digital shorts" were the last good thing on SNL.

If orange britches are "championship" pants now

Sep 30, 2016, 7:00 AM

Then why wouldn't we wear them this weekend? Louisville all but wins the Atlantic with a win. Do or die time for the Tigers

*sigh* we can't clinch the division tommorow.

Sep 30, 2016, 8:16 AM

therefore not a championship game. Come on people.

Re: *sigh* we can't clinch the division tommorow.

Sep 30, 2016, 8:45 AM

No but we can lose it. And "clinching" shouldn't matter, otherwise Wake Forest '11 would've been a "championship" game

Sep 30, 2016, 8:51 AM

He just started using the orange pants for championship pants in 2014, at the end of the year. The last time we wore them in a non championship type game was at fsu earlier that year.

And if we lose the game it doesn't mean we have lost the division. There's a lot of football left to be played. Same if we win it.

Sep 30, 2016, 8:56 AM

If we lose we are done. No chance UL loses 2 other ACC games with their schedule

Louisville Budget Uniforms

Sep 30, 2016, 7:32 AM

Looks like the a saving money in the shoulder pad department ...

Classic. The RIGHT choice!***

Sep 30, 2016, 8:43 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go the way of Liberian General Butt Naked

Sep 30, 2016, 11:39 AM

That's real intimidation

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic