Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw this mentioned a few times....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I saw this mentioned a few times....

Mar 15, 2020, 11:49 PM

Is it possible this virus has been around in this country a month or two longer than we think but was dismissed as the flu? If China was slow to disclose, this virus seems easy enough to transmit, doesnt it seem reasonable that over the high travel during the holidays it was spread globally and people just didn't realize it?

Thoughts?

I mean, some people got some nasty bugs over the holidays and some may have been corona. Or is this unlikely?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw this mentioned a few times....

Mar 16, 2020, 12:04 AM

There is no doubt the virus has been in the country longer. For whatever reason you want to believe, we are also incredibly far behind in our ability to test people.

Both actual and diagnosed cases are set to dramatically explode in our country. People with severe symptoms and the number of deaths will also jump significantly.

This could overwhelm hospitals and ERs. Shutting things down and "social distance" could flatten the curve of people jamming ERs.

But back to your point: It's clear we are far in arrears in tracking how early and how much this virus has spread here. Things are going to get a lot worse the next few weeks before they get better.

We'll get through it though. Don't let fear rule your life.

Mar 16, 2020, 4:27 AM

I think you are wrong. The virus has pretty much run it's course and is in decline. Mark my words.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 6:05 AM

What’s your take on the flat earth theory?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 7:07 AM

Let's just say I won't be strapping myself in a home made rocket anytime soon!

Mar 16, 2020, 6:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw this mentioned a few times.... ]

You're out of your mind if you think this thing is about over .
Check the CDC's numbers bud .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 16, 2020, 8:12 AM

Don't care what their numbers are. All of you are buying into this corona bs. Next you will all be wearing blindfolds so you don't look at it and die.

There's none so blind as he who will not see

Mar 16, 2020, 11:08 AM

Has the news/reporting been, at times, alarmist? Yep.

Is this a real and dangerous pandemic which is still growing in this country? All evidence points to absolutely.

DO yourself, and society as a whole, a favor and take this seriously. Don't panic, but take sane precautions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marked and filed under 'BS'....***

Mar 16, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw this mentioned a few times.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally agree Whitehurst

Mar 16, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw this mentioned a few times.... ]

My wife and I had flu likes symptoms months ago (just not as severe) we both tested negative for the flu and were better in a few days. Looking back on it I think it could have been this instead.

We are going to the Bahamas Wednesday to hang out a few days. There restaurants are open. Y'all have fun!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw this mentioned a few times.... ]

Based on what evidence or expertise ?

Mar 16, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw this mentioned a few times.... ]

I am a nurse in an ICU unit In Atlanta and I can assure you we are not through this. No where even close.

if it has been around for months with nobody going to

Mar 16, 2020, 4:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw this mentioned a few times.... ]

the hospital, why would all of a sudden people need hospitalization?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One smart 'chicken' ^^

Mar 16, 2020, 5:48 AM

You are...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if it has been around for months with nobody going to

Mar 16, 2020, 6:13 AM [ in reply to if it has been around for months with nobody going to ]

I didn't say nobody went to the hospital. Not at all. Im simply saying it could have been here longer and mistaken for the flu. Since responses to the bug vary, some people could have died earlier and dismissed as a flu death. Is this possible?

Re: if it has been around for months with nobody going to

Mar 19, 2020, 8:53 AM

Those people would've been tested for the flu, and had a positive test for the flu if they had it, and a negative result if they didn't have it. There would be no mistaking people for having the flu.

Mar 16, 2020, 12:04 AM

I have a young lady who works for me whose step-father is native Chinese. He and his brother operate a business out of China serving the U.S. market. He is from near the epicenter of the coronavirus and he says that everyone in this area believes it to be bio-engineered in a Chinese government lab. He has already lost an uncle to the virus and his parents are locked in their apartment.

Mar 16, 2020, 6:12 AM

Why exactly would the Chinese , or any government for that matter want to infect it's own population with a relatively virulent but not overwhelmingly so virus that could potentially kill millions as well as do serious damage the entire world's economy .
It's not out of the question I suppose , but I think they've already pinpointed the food market that is responsible , and they even know it was from infected host bats .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Bat soup....

Mar 16, 2020, 8:24 AM

Why exactly would the Chinese , or any government for that matter want to infect it's own population with a relatively virulent but not overwhelmingly so virus that could potentially kill millions as well as do serious damage the entire world's economy .
It's not out of the question I suppose , but I think they've already pinpointed the food market that is responsible , and they even know it was from infected host bats .

Bat soup (sounds delicious) is the latest that I've heard. I agree that no sane country would intentionally turn a bio-weapon loose on it's own population. However, I wouldn't totally dismiss that this could have come from a lab that was either doing testing on this strain or bio-engineered this strain of Coronavirus. Most of our adversaries still have bio-weapons programs and this could have been something that accidentally got out of the lab via animals. I've seen numerous reports that in China, it is not uncommon for surviving lab test animals to be taken by employees and sold at these live animal food markets. Sounds insane but apparently these employees do this to make extra money - ain't Communism great. So COVID-19 may have ultimately come from a lab but we will probably never really know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw this mentioned a few times.... ]

evidence please

Mar 16, 2020, 12:51 AM

Here is a sad case that illustrates how behind we were and probably still are in diagnosing.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_35531ff4-66d9-11ea-95b0-7797f71d169a.html

Mar 16, 2020, 6:05 AM

My 6 year old and I both had the flu in late November ... but our tests came back as positive for it . I think people who've been to pediatricians and hospitals are always tested foe the flu and it's a specific test to that viral family .

DB23

Posted this link earlier but looks like some reporters

Mar 16, 2020, 8:32 AM

are starting to dig into when this virus came to the attention of the Chinese Government with signs pointing to November.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/first-covid-19-case-happened-in-november-china-government-records-show-report

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic