Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ok, after the great win vs. app state, i still say pepp, at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

ok, after the great win vs. app state, i still say pepp, at

Mar 12, 2014, 8:47 PM

the very least, if not,the h.c. jack l. himself,needs to go. come on, we struggle against a struggling team. the announcers (homers) stated the wind blowing hard towards l.f., and we concentrate on putting the ball into play in r.f., someone smarter than i , please explain that.if our h.c would rid pep, and go into the dugout,instead of the 3rd base coaching box, i MIGHT reconsider, but i don't think so. a few things that have recently happened have kinda steeled my resolve.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ok, after the great win vs. app state, i still say pepp, at

Mar 12, 2014, 8:50 PM

What a stupid post.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2014, 8:50 PM

gosh what will clemson do without your support. i am guessing we will continue on somehow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2014, 8:55 PM

deroberts is back with the attacks on anything negative about baseball or our hof coach. could we win the lowly southern conf.? how can anyone DEFEND this coaching staff?

Mar 12, 2014, 9:08 PM

please inform me on how that was an attack. seems like you goobers are the ones doing the attacking.

i support all baseball. i have probably played more, and

Mar 12, 2014, 9:11 PM

watched more baseball than you can imagine. i know the game,period.

Re: i support all baseball. i have probably played more, and

Mar 12, 2014, 9:14 PM

lol go read your original post and tell us again how much you know about the game again.

whut??? come'on. i know others have railed agianst you,

Mar 12, 2014, 9:19 PM

but you have to be more than a little concerned about the state of our ONCE PROUD baseball program, aren't ya? if not, you are not the fan i thought you were.

Re: whut??? come'on. i know others have railed agianst you,

Mar 12, 2014, 9:53 PM

i have posted my thoughts over and over and over. our recruiting dipped during the time riginos was here, no doubt. hence the hiring of coach lecroy. he has brought in 2 fine classes and another one is on the way. we lead the acc in hitting by 20 points. our bats will be fine. the culprit so far has been relief pitching which should be a strength with everyone back from last year. they will get their act together. if we do not continue to only get better with lecroy at the helm recruiting then yes i will jump right on the get rid of them bandwagon. luckily my glass is half full instead of half empty. i think this bunch will only get better and better.

if our h.c sits in the dugout, and we replace pep, i will

Mar 12, 2014, 9:58 PM

shut my trap. jack legg needs to trust his assistant coaches to be able to coach the bases,at least, don't you think?

I think that is a silly thing to harp on

Mar 12, 2014, 9:59 PM

I'm on record saying this year's team looks to have big problems, and it's a valid conversation, if this team doesn't improve, to discuss the leadership of the team.

But Jack being third base coach is hardly an issue here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this not basically the same team as last years regional

Mar 12, 2014, 10:04 PM

team? how many runs have we lost at 3rd and home in the last year?

Re: if our h.c sits in the dugout, and we replace pep, i will

Mar 12, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to if our h.c sits in the dugout, and we replace pep, i will ]

it doesnt matter what i think. lots of head coaches are on third. mike fox for one, danny hall for another. probaly half do and half dont. if anything i would definitely have lecroy in the dugout.

I agree that Pepicelli is a major part of the problem....

Mar 13, 2014, 8:39 AM [ in reply to if our h.c sits in the dugout, and we replace pep, i will ]

He is the pitching coach and he calls the pitches although he never pitched a day in his career. He was an outfioelder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I agree that Pepicelli is a major part of the problem....

Mar 13, 2014, 8:41 AM

we were 2nd or 3rd in the acc in team era last year. just sayin.

we had the lead and lost how many times already THIS yr ?

Mar 13, 2014, 8:43 AM

i'll wait.

Re: we had the lead and lost how many times already THIS yr ?

Mar 13, 2014, 8:51 AM

our bullpen has not performed how i or i imagine even them had hoped for so far. we have played less than 1/3 of the season. get back with me mid april and i will jump on with you or you can jump on with me.

i hope you are right. the last few years have just steeled

Mar 13, 2014, 8:57 AM

my resolve on the direction our baseball program is heading. the addition of lecroy is helping, but we have accused other coaches of ours of keeping on asst. coaches out of loyalty, more so than on their accomplishments, i fear this is happening again.

I respect your opinion but....

Mar 13, 2014, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree that Pepicelli is a major part of the problem.... ]

many of Clemson's former players will tell you that Pepicelli is not a pitching coach.

Re: I respect your opinion but....

Mar 13, 2014, 8:54 AM

maybe so, i can only go by results. he has been good in the past. bullpen has not performed as i had hoped "yet". the last week or so looked better. we shall see.

I'm certainly willing to give it until the end of the season

Mar 13, 2014, 8:57 AM

but watching a talented team squander leads or get blown-out in Regionals to inferior competition is getting a little old and frustrating to watch.

Mar 13, 2014, 9:05 AM [ in reply to I respect your opinion but.... ]

Just curious. How would Clemson players know what a pitching coach should be and what would make them qualified to make that statement?before you jump on me know that I pitched 5 years in AAA ball and can tell you not all pitching coaches have pitched. Dumb to assume just because a player did not pitch that they could not call pitches. Good hitters are good at guessing pitching sequences thus meaning if you take that same guy he could (with training) learn to call pitches against other hitters. It is not uncommon to see catchers as pitching coaches.

Mar 13, 2014, 9:07 AM

please york, logic is not allowed in here.

Mar 13, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I respect your opinion but.... ]

Pep is more of a generalist coach or somebody who has “been around” moreso than an actual pitching coach.

I'm told that instead of adapting to the pitchers, he has a cookie cutter approach of forcing the pitchers to fit his wants.

You want a coach that knows how to teach the game the correct way without teaching it the same way to every one or make every pitcher fit his mold.

Mar 13, 2014, 9:40 AM

I would agree with your last statement but again I do not think pitching has been the main problem with this team. I am a fan only and happen to live and work in the area. I go to a lot of the games and from what I have seen in the last 5 years or so hitting has really hurt this team. I have followed the teams ERA over the years and the numbers are pretty good. I am sure this team will get better as I am seeing much better hitting then we have had in the past. We still lack a little power put that may soon change as well. If we can get the middle reliever position resolved we should be very competitive. We need to cut down on errors. That has more effect on pitching then you all think. Just my two cents. For the record, great venue.

I completely agree that....

Mar 13, 2014, 10:59 AM

we need a little more power in the line-up and to significantly reduce the errors.

If not for all of the errors, we likely take two of three of $CU.

Mar 12, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: ok, after the great win vs. app state, i still say pepp, at ]

maybe you should take a break from posting about jackleg and baseball as well, I for one, would not miss you either and believe we could function without your input on baseball as well. that maybe why you and your post get attacked. by the way, in case you missed it, most Clemson fans think our baseball coaches are doing a terrible job and we have enough talent to play much better. and even if our talent was not up to par, the coaches are responsible for getting that here better as well! so give it a rest if you don't want to be attacked. I hope this helps.

agree,wholeheartedly. blind faith is not always the best

Mar 12, 2014, 9:39 PM

avenue of attack.

Re: agree,wholeheartedly. blind faith is not always the best

Mar 12, 2014, 9:44 PM

deroberts, what exactly are your qualifications to be a baseball expert. you seem to think you know more than other posters. I am curious to know if you played in college or professionally.

LOL at "in case you missed it, most Clemson fans" blah, blah

Mar 12, 2014, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: ok, after the great win vs. app state, i still say pepp, at ]

blah. Can you give the final results of the polling and why ALL Clemson fans were not contacted by you and your company for votes on the coaches? Thanks in advance.

Mar 13, 2014, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: ok, after the great win vs. app state, i still say pepp, at ]

i could care less if you attack me. if you attack a guy that is a hall of famer, top 10 all time winningest coach, been to 6 elite 8's i am going to let you know how i feel about it. and if you think "most" tiger fans believe the way you do you are truly delusional and have a very large ego. most "real" tigers dont even post on the internet. i am guessing you have never emailed coach leggett or drad to let them know how you feel. you do all your work on the internet to make yourself feel like a big man.

de, did you campaign to keep t.b. on as our hc? i am just

Mar 13, 2014, 8:53 AM

wondering, trying to figure out if blind loyalty is a just a trait of yours.

Re: de, did you campaign to keep t.b. on as our hc? i am just

Mar 13, 2014, 9:04 AM

i support all our coaches as long as they are at clemson. was not a fan of coach bowden and it was time for a change. the only coach i did not support was hatfield. he was a terrible fit. trust me, if the lecroy hire dont work out coach leggett will not be at clemson. pretty plain and simple for me. and no i dont agree with everything coach leggett does but hey he has won over 1000 games, not me.

that is why i used the bobby bowden analogy last night.

Mar 13, 2014, 9:12 AM

jack is, imo, heading down that same path. relying more on past glory than on his current performance.

Re: that is why i used the bobby bowden analogy last night.

Mar 13, 2014, 9:15 AM

if that is the case it will be handled. i personally think the lecroy hire was the best one since sully. we shall see.

I'm curious....

Mar 13, 2014, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: ok, after the great win vs. app state, i still say pepp, at ]

how you could possibly know what most Clemson fans think?

Mar 13, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: ok, after the great win vs. app state, i still say pepp, at ]

Calls someone a name in the same sentence of accusing others of attacking...

You cant make this #### up folks.

null

Mar 12, 2014, 8:51 PM

You do realize that pep is the pitching coach?

yep. era at what 4.6 something? break it down between

Mar 12, 2014, 8:54 PM

starters and relievers,please. i have felt that we needed a change for a while, sorta , o.k., just like tommy bowden's era.

Great Win?

Really? App St

meter?***

Re: meter?***

Mar 12, 2014, 8:59 PM

Why do you same people complain even when we win? Give it a rest. Taking shoots at coaches is shamefull.

not really. i rarely do against any other tiger program, i

Mar 12, 2014, 9:01 PM

just think we are better than what we are doing on the field. would your office manager judge you on performance?

d4h has already said he hopes we lose every baseball game.

Mar 12, 2014, 9:02 PM [ in reply to meter?*** ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15133260#15133260

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So that is why he is so bitter. WE WON!!***

Mar 12, 2014, 9:49 PM

You do realize that Pep is the pitching coach and any

Mar 12, 2014, 9:09 PM

pitching coach in the country would've taken that performance., right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

see my e.r.a statement above,please. then ask usuc what they

Mar 12, 2014, 9:13 PM

think about our relievers.

Re: see my e.r.a statement above,please. then ask usuc what they

Mar 12, 2014, 9:46 PM

Wow...Miami got pounded by a lowly Stetson team tonight! What is this world coming to??? CAN ANYBODY COACH ANYMORE????? ;)

we give usuc #### for no championships in football since '69

Mar 12, 2014, 9:52 PM

well, how long has it been since we had 1 in baseball? come on, let's hear it.

7 years

Mar 12, 2014, 9:56 PM

Which is too long, no doubt, but hardly 1969.

Re: 7 years

Mar 12, 2014, 10:01 PM

Clemson is tied with everyone in the ACC except Wake for National Baseball Championships I believe.

no doubt. and imo, we have a better program than this. i'll

Mar 12, 2014, 10:10 PM [ in reply to 7 years ]

apologize if i'm wrong. i don't think i am. bobby bowden comes to mind.

Re: we give usuc #### for no championships in football since '69

Mar 13, 2014, 9:13 AM [ in reply to we give usuc #### for no championships in football since '69 ]

We have One in the last 18 years.

null

thanks. and my stance is just that i feel our baseball prog-

Mar 13, 2014, 9:18 AM

ram is top-10. we shouldn't be getting knocked out of regionals by the uconn 's or liberty's. maybe i am just over-valuing our program.

Re: thanks. and my stance is just that i feel our baseball prog-

Mar 13, 2014, 9:25 AM

i agree with that 100%. we differ in that i am willing to give the lecroy hire a chance. if it dont work i will jump in your corner.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic