Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
can we lobby to get the strings put back on the balloons?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

can we lobby to get the strings put back on the balloons?

Sep 5, 2013, 7:41 AM

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2419783/posts
http://www.independentmail.com/news/2009/dec/28/happy-squirrels-causing-unhappy-officials-clemson-/
http://deadsquirrel.com/squirrel-damage/squirrels-cost-clemson-100000-a-year/

Squirrels cost Clemson $100,000 a year
Posted in squirrel damage

According to numerous reports, Clemson University has a major squirrel problem.
The Charleston The Post and Courier reports that squirrels are three times more prevalent on the Clemson campus than in normal wooded area, causing numerous problems including damage to trees.
The Independent Mail of Anderson, S.C., reports that a “great squirrel roundup” was held on the campus during December: “Clemson contracted with U.S. Department of Agriculture Wildlife Service biologists to remove an abundance of the critters and then euthanize them.”
Only 200 squirrels were trapped, the amount limited by the National Environmental Policy Act. The SDL applauds this effort but we feel the school has not gone far enough to curtail the bushy-tailed menace.
A bounty should be put on each squirrel. For every squirrel a student brings in dead, the student should receive a 1% cash rebate from their tuition. Problem solved.

perhaps some of our engineering grads could create a balloon release targeting system clemson could realize this excellent money making opportunity in the name of disease control, the trees & the children.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get my son out there with a .22 and he'll thin 'em out.***

Sep 5, 2013, 7:47 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Get my son out there with a .22 and he'll thin 'em out.***

Sep 5, 2013, 7:56 AM

I'm told that they go good with dumplings. If somebody cooks em I'll try em.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mole beans would be cheaper...

Sep 5, 2013, 7:54 AM

I've got three plants growing in my garden. They should produce 300 beans each. If I plant 300 plants next year...we'll have 90K beans to throw around. If you don't cook pinto beans on a regular basis you'd not know the difference in these.

I'll be living in the upstate so the drive will be short. Think they'd mind me walking around and and throwing a handful of pintos under a trees ever now and then?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem isn't a bean shortage. It is too many tree rats.

Sep 5, 2013, 7:59 AM

Duh !!!!!

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Ignoring the risk of being too much a country boy...

Sep 5, 2013, 8:46 AM

and Southern Gentleman I'll maintain my polite and humble attitude and point out that one mole bean will kill a large dog (think full grown Great Dane). Two mole beans will kill a grown man (think 'Fridge).

Mole beans have been planted and harvested to produce rodent killer (think moles, squirrels and rats) for generations here in Tennessee.

We solve pest problems with 'our,' natural resources here in Tennessee. There's a homegrown solution for everything including encounters with ignorance on the internet.

Does hth mean Help educate This Heathen?

Check meter - might be filled with mole beans ?***

Sep 5, 2013, 10:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

They used to thin them out during the holidays. Then

Sep 5, 2013, 7:58 AM

the libtards took over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gun control : Being able to hit your target.

Sep 5, 2013, 11:10 AM

photo 2013-01-05_17-44-47_437_zpsc112fef7.jpg

are u sure shredded latex balloons didn't take their lives?***

Sep 5, 2013, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one has a blood spot on the chest definitely NOT caused

Sep 5, 2013, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Gun control : Being able to hit your target. ]

by a balloon, unless of course, said squirrel was impaled by a branch during a fall or jump ( while hyped up on coffee.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know I actually think I still have a video of that

Sep 5, 2013, 1:03 PM

squirrel drinking that coffee...definitely gonna try to find it

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Squirrel equals Gamecock fan????

Sep 5, 2013, 8:22 AM

"A one pound rodent with the brain the size of a walnut."

I remember walking to class behind Martin Hall

Sep 5, 2013, 10:25 AM

a couple years ago and there was a group of students standing around watching a squirrel drinking coffee out of a cup someone had left on the little wall beside the vending machines. He did not care that there was about 20-30 people less than 3 feet away while he was getting his morning fix. They seriously have no respect for humans.

Also the squirrels on campus already have enough energy, it scared me that he was stocking up on coffee also

Re: I remember walking to class behind Martin Hall

Sep 5, 2013, 11:50 AM

I wouldn't say that means they have no respect. They are just used to not being killed. Nothing wrong with that. Who hates on squirrels? Really?

http://ryankantor.com/2013/09/05/five-greatest-qbs-in-clemson-history/

me, they spread fleas, ticks, disease[rabies] cause millions

Sep 5, 2013, 11:54 AM

of dollars in damage annually.

they're tree rats and need to be culled.

They are way to used to people for sure,

Sep 5, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I remember walking to class behind Martin Hall ]

it definitely annoys me when a critter that's so obnoxious as a squirrel doesn't respect me like it should (said with a grin).

Also I swear to god that one of those things tried to take me out my freshamn year. Was again walking to class behind Martin Hall when a small-ish tree limb fell a foot or two in front of me on the side walk. Looked up and there was a squirrel just sitting there staring at me. Freaking little ####### lol

by any chance, were those squirrels chasing footballs in

Sep 5, 2013, 12:51 PM

lot 1,saturday ? dang,this curious mind of mine.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I walked by one of the little buggers in one of those humane

Sep 5, 2013, 1:13 PM

cages outside the library at some point. Little guy gave me the middle claw. Humane treatment is one thing, but a 30-bag limit when the students are gone would solve a lot of problems!

haha & you still have the best username going...***

Sep 5, 2013, 1:17 PM

thanks! are you saying someone else actually knows who

Sep 5, 2013, 4:37 PM

Vlastimil Hort is?

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic