Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I remember my first Clemson game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,502

I remember my first Clemson game

Aug 9, 2014, 2:48 AM

NC State game 2010. I remember staying up the whole night too excited knowing the fact I'm about to see my beloved tigers play for the first time. Game day morning my dad came and picked me up and took me to get breakfast and then made our way to Clemson. We made our way into Clemson and bam! The beauty of that city hits you. We parked the truck and made our way to the stadium. We had to walk for about 25 minutes and talked to fellow tigers (the nicest people ever) along the way. Now me being a goth and being used to being put down and told I don't belong anywhere made me a little nervous about being there. My fellow tiger fans knew I was different and they didn't care and told me "Clemson is a family place, every one is welcomed and it is an experience you'll never forget". That one sentence erased all my fear of rejection and humiliation completely in that town. We made it to the stadium and got our seats and I was instantly mesmerized by Death Valley, no place like it. Kickoff started and I was all jacked up on Clemson football, the intensity of that stadium when the players ran down the hill, Nuk Hopkins scored, DeAndre McDaniel's interception, and Jamie Harper punching in the game winning touchdown was just out of this world, nothing like it. After the game ended I found myself getting hugged and my hand shaked by tiger fans I didn't even know, and I've never had that happen before besides by family members so there's brotherly love between Clemson fans. Even though Clemson won 14-13, I didn't hear or see a tiger fan rub it in an NC State fans face, I did hear "thanks for the good game, have a safe trip home, and come again" so it's obviously a classy fanbase. Other than all that, it is an experience I'll never forget and I'm proud to be a tiger. All In.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, I was at that game also

Aug 9, 2014, 3:09 AM

Nothing compares to seeing death valley for the first time. Clemson is a special place. Now NCST fans can be pretty rude. Me and a couple of friends bought our tickets just a couple of days before that game so we had to unfortunately sit I'm the nose bleed section. There were a bunch of ncst fans sitting behind us and even though they weren't rude to us, they were very obnoxious. One of my friends was actually a ncst fan and even he was a little embarrassed by the stuff they were saying. But anyways, glad you had a great experience for your first game. Make sure you come to plenty more. Go tigers!

Re: I remember my first Clemson game

Aug 9, 2014, 8:59 AM

My first game was in 1980, Duke. Duke won. The North upper deck was not even there, yet the staduim was so huge. I was twelve at the time. After that I would get to go to one every other year or so, my family was poor. This year I am hoping to take my three year old if money permits. He was tickled to watch Sammy Watkins last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2014, 10:00 AM

My first game was 1974 vs. N.Carolina. Lot's of offense and a 54-32 Clemson win. I was hooked and still am!!

Aug 9, 2014, 10:15 AM

Was 1977 Gator Bowl. Pitt and Matt Cavanaugh ran over the Tigers. But this kid from central Florida was mesmerized by all the Orange and the "cool"Tiger Paw logo. Turned down UF and FSU and enrolled in Clemson the following summer and have loved every minute. Best decision of my life. Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2014, 11:23 AM

My first game was when I just started college. My dad and I
drove up from Charleston and went to the game. It was
against Troy in 2011. Such a good time. That same year, my roommate and I
went to the UNC game. He is a Tarheel fan. So it was fun for
me and not fun for him.
I didn't get to go to another one until the Orange Bowl this
past year. By far the best game I have ever been to. So much
energy. But a ton of OSU fans. Most of them were really
annoying. I thought about it and I was able to Sammy's very
first game and very last game.

Aug 9, 2014, 11:27 AM

My first was at age 8 in!958 against Jim Tatum's Tarheels. I don't remember the score but the tigers won for Coach Howard's 100th win.

Aug 9, 2014, 11:27 AM

Sorry...!958

^^^LBB's replacement!^^^***

Aug 9, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I remember my first Clemson game ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: ^^^LBB's replacement!^^^***

Aug 9, 2014, 12:11 PM

First game in person for me was in Columbia in 1959. I don't remember it well.

First game in Death Valley was against Maryland for homecoming in 1967.

I am glad to report my enthusiasm for gameday has not faded over time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was the game where Parker could have run for a first

Aug 9, 2014, 11:52 AM

down but instead b-lined it 15 yards to the sideline to avoid being hit.

Wasn't that also when State had something like a 7 yard punt? How we won that game, IDK.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

My first game was in 1991 vs. App State

Aug 9, 2014, 2:49 PM

And I was in a Tiger Band uniform. If you think it's overwhelming/mesmerizing to attend your first game, just think what it's like for your first experience in Death Valley to be on the field playing for 80,000 frothing-at-the-mouth rabid fans. I will never forget it. It was one of the most incredible feelings of my life.

It was also the hottest game I've ever experienced...I had never sweat so much in my life than I did at that game. This was in the days before Tiger Band would remove their uniform tops in the stands. It was a point of personal pride that we kept our entire uniform on when other bands would not.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic