Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really think our offense will average 50 plus next season.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I really think our offense will average 50 plus next season.

Apr 17, 2019, 11:16 PM

With Huggins, Ross, Overton (taking over for Renfrow), and galloway (yes I think he wins the appeal), this will force defenses to play 5 to 6 DB’s. This will create huge running lanes for our 3 speed backs who can all take it 80 plus yards in a blink of an eye. With TL16 leading the offense and all the weapons around him I don’t see any defense in the country stopping this offense.

With all the talent and depth on this years roster we should have our best special teams under Coach Swinney. The defense will have an elite and deep back 7 and a deep and elite DE position, the tackle position will be above average and deep. I think our defense will hold teams under 18 points per game, giving our offense lots of possessions per game, making this team almost unbeatable.

I see us winning the Atlantic, blowing out U5Cjr, winning the ACC, and winning the College Football National Title in 2019.

Clemson 77
U5Cjr 13

Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really think our offense will average 50 plus next season.

Apr 17, 2019, 11:21 PM

I like it, count me in! Especially the part about the chickens.

Why so low?***

Apr 17, 2019, 11:21 PM

We’ll play 70 players in the 1st half.

Apr 17, 2019, 11:24 PM

??

Yep. I suspect that aside from a couple of opponents, Dabo

Apr 17, 2019, 11:51 PM

can literally name his score. I just hope the enthusiasm of the reserves doesn't embarrass some teams. Even if you give them vanilla plays they want to score. back in the infamous 82-24 Wake game, I'm pretty sure there was a reserve RB whose entire Clemson career consisted of 1 rush attempt, 77 yards, 1 TD. It was that bad.

OK, I was off by one rush. Here's his entire 1981 stat sheet

Apr 17, 2019, 11:55 PM

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/craig-crawford-1.html

Re: OK, I was off by one rush. Here's his entire 1981 stat sheet

Apr 18, 2019, 12:37 AM

Wow - 38 ypc. - even bested ETN’s average for last year !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 18, 2019, 6:12 AM

Agree with almost everything to say,but I don't see Galloway winning the appeal.

Apr 18, 2019, 8:07 AM

:) While I enjoy the enthusiasm, I seriously doubt we average 50+ this year. The O and D are like a ying and yang type of thing, and if the D is not stopping opponents like the previous D did, then our O won't enjoy the field position and all the 3-and-outs that the previous D gifted our O last year. Without those stops, their O stays on the field longer, and gives our O less time to have the ball, therefore scoring less.

I see no way our D this year can possibly match what I felt like was the best college D I have ever witnessed. If it does, then CBV will achieve a miracle IMO. Nope, we won't score that much, so you might want to lower your expectations and get your feet back on the ground. Sorry to sound like a Negative Nancy, but it is what it is.

But, that being said, I expect our O to possibly be the best in the country.

To do that,

Apr 18, 2019, 9:28 AM

I think we will need to find a TE who can threaten the LBs and safeties..... which will open up the run game completely. We can win (and have won) a lot of games without a complete TE, but we'll be a whole lot better with one. If we can't find one that has a complete game, I'd rather have a good blocker like Garrett Williams and experiment to figure out if Ross or another one of the WRs can play a little TE at times.

Apr 18, 2019, 3:53 PM

Yep in 2 sports

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic