Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Latest National Championship odds for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

FB Update: Latest National Championship odds for Clemson

Nov 23, 2015, 9:29 AM

Latest National Championship odds for Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really think Alabama loses to either Auburn or Florida.***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While that would be highly entertaining . . .

Nov 23, 2015, 9:38 AM

magic 8 ball says outlook doubtful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: While that would be highly entertaining . . .

Nov 23, 2015, 9:46 AM

Speaking of doubtful, but hopeful, I'm wishing for a an SEC-less playoff!

Nov 23, 2015, 11:07 AM

Both of the scenarios above are possible. If either, or especially if both, happened, it would send esecpn on its ear in a tyrade, the likes of which never have been seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2015, 12:44 PM

But wait. The Citadel, Florida Atlantic and Georgia Southern are capable of beating anyone....Not so stellar for the SEC.

Re: I really think Alabama loses to either Auburn or Florida.***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to I really think Alabama loses to either Auburn or Florida.*** ]

Maybe both

Nov 23, 2015, 11:08 AM

I do agree!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2015, 2:21 PM

Are you guys just haters? I live in Alabama and I watch the SEC a lot because down here, its on 24 hours per day... Alabama will beat Auburn by 20 and FLorida possibly worse, but id say by 14 at least. We need to be ready to throw the ball a lot against Alabama to soften up that Dline and backers. Neither Auburn or Florida can do that.

What have you see out of either of them

Nov 23, 2015, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I really think Alabama loses to either Auburn or Florida.*** ]

that would make you think that either Florida or Auburn could beat UAB, much less Alabama?

Re: What have you see out of either of them

Nov 23, 2015, 11:12 AM

I saw AL get handled by Ole Miss, and if that can happen, anything is possible. I don't think it is likely, but it is possible, and I really wouldn't be all that surprised. I don't think AL is invincable at all, though I think they are a good team. I do think we can beat them, just like LSU and OK, if we run a wide open up tempo offense that doesn't let them get their breath.

They lost, but they didn't get "handled"

Nov 23, 2015, 1:21 PM

Bama self-destructed and turned the ball over 5 times plus Ole Miss also had that crazy fluke TD pass. Their first 3 scoring drives were 2 yards (FG following opening KO fumble), 26 yards (TD following INT), and 18 yards (TD following KO fumble). Their last TD drive also went 31 yards following an INT. Bama also out-gained them by 70 yards.

So yeah, Bama is definitely capable of losing to an inferior team if they play like that, but i don't think anyone is going to just "handle" them.

Nov 24, 2015, 3:53 AM [ in reply to I really think Alabama loses to either Auburn or Florida.*** ]

Auburn maybe,but even the coots would have won in "The Swamp"
the way the gators played this past weekend.
Yes,I know the SECCG won't be played in "The Swamp"
but Bama should handle the gators with ease.

how is 4/1 higher than 7/2?***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: how is 4/1 higher than 7/2?***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:34 AM

Think he meant from a 4/1 to a 7/2

Re: how is 4/1 higher than 7/2?***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:46 AM

4/1 is 8/2 and 7/2 is lower than 8/2...learn math

Coot math doesn't work. Sorry bud.***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:48 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

no kidding, but that's not what he said in the article

Nov 23, 2015, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: how is 4/1 higher than 7/2?*** ]

moved to a 4/1 from a 7/2.

Re: no kidding, but that's not what he said in the article

Nov 23, 2015, 9:54 AM

Yeah, the article is currently wrong. Tony needs to update it.

New math

Nov 23, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to how is 4/1 higher than 7/2?*** ]

I was doing the same thing... trying to figure which was better and it wasn't working out.

Re: New math

Nov 23, 2015, 9:49 AM

That is 1959 math......from 3rd grade

these are odds to win. 4/1 is worse than 7/2, cootie.***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:52 AM

Re: these are odds to win. 4/1 is worse than 7/2, cootie.***

Nov 23, 2015, 9:55 AM

OK I need more coffee...I was having a brain cramp...4/1 to win is better odds old man who has not had first drink...so sorry for looking like a coot....:(

Thanks.... you need to learn how to read

Nov 23, 2015, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New math ]

re-read the article... slowly.. and then learn how to not pop-off at the mouth

Re: Thanks.... you need to learn how to read

Nov 23, 2015, 11:53 AM

son how old are you?.....learn how to talk to people and not be a smart ###...

4>3.5***

Nov 24, 2015, 4:53 AM [ in reply to how is 4/1 higher than 7/2?*** ]

Definition of "odds"

Nov 23, 2015, 11:49 AM

I'm not trying to offend anyone's intelligence or start or prolong an argument between posters. As a former math teacher, I felt the need to clarify the definition of odds (which is often mistakenly used for probability).

Odds = the likelihood that it WILL HAPPEN versus the likelihood that it WILL NOT HAPPEN

4 to 1 odds is the same as 8 to 2 odds.

Therefore, 4 to 1 odds (or, 8 to 2) would be greater odds than 7 to 2.

Clemson's National Championship odds did not improve that much from last week (according to the odds makers).

In reality, it doesn't matter. Clemson just needs to win 4 more times this season to be crowned National Champions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

As a 'former math teacher' you should be ashamed

Nov 23, 2015, 12:27 PM

7 to 2 odds is the same as 3.5 to 1.

Now look at the ordering of teams in the article:

Alabama (3/2), Oklahoma (7/1), Baylor and Notre Dame (8/1), Michigan State (12/1), Iowa and Ohio State (20/1), Florida and Oklahoma State (25/1), Michigan (30-1), Stanford (50/1) and North Carolina (60/1).

If the denominators are equal, the smaller top number is better odds: 7/1 is better than 8/1. If the numbers in the article are correct, our odds decreased from 7/2 (3.5/1) to 4/1. Our chances went down most likely due to there no longer being the scenario where Ohio State beats Alabama and we beat Ohio State. The bookies are showing us no love because now they think Alabama is less likely to be stopped.

I'm not at all ashamed, cu undergrad.

Nov 23, 2015, 1:48 PM

The definition for odds that I stated is a true definition. It may not mesh with sports betting, but then again, the curriculum I taught didn't include sports betting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

I know, I was just picking

Nov 23, 2015, 2:16 PM

You just got the numerators and denominators switched. 4 to 1 means 4 times it doesn't happen for every time it happens. You had that reversed is all.

That's not exactly how to think in sport's betting.

Nov 23, 2015, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Definition of "odds" ]

7/2 odds are better than 4/1 (same as 8/2) odds that Clemson WILL WIN. Thus the odds went down that it WILL HAPPEN a little since last week. This week you'd win more money on 4/1 versus 7/2 if you bet on Clemson to win, but Vegas is saying that there is less of a likelihood that Clemson will win.

Bama currently has the best likelihood of winning at 3/2 odds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so 100-1 would be really good odds!

Nov 24, 2015, 4:57 AM [ in reply to Definition of "odds" ]

lol at maths teacher

I'm seeing us at 9/2 now. Not sure why our odds are

Nov 23, 2015, 1:31 PM

dropping this week unless it's because of UNC.

Bama at 3/2 is pretty ridiculous. They don't have a 40% chance of winning the title.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic