Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for

Dec 15, 2013, 11:13 AM

Braxton Miller....Is this the same plan they had for Conner Shaw that went on for over a year? I hope it's a different one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its called

Dec 15, 2013, 11:17 AM

#theydontgotaclue

Re: I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for

Dec 15, 2013, 11:23 AM

I thought they did a ### good job on USuCk just had some extremely bad luck whether it be mental or whatever. Shaw's running didn't beat us the ### 4 turnovers in the 4th beat us. As a defense you have to pick your poison and they did in the form of Mike Davis you look at the year he had and you can't help but to go into that game thinking you have to stop Davis at the expense of maybe letting Shaw run some but thats not the reason we lost we lost because we jumped offsides on a 4th and 1 when everyone knew they were trying to get them D to jump offside and then the 2 fumbled punts deep in our own territory. You aren't going to beat Georgia Southern (sorry Gators) turning it over like that....

spurrier has used the same plan to beat clemson the

Dec 15, 2013, 11:32 AM

last 5 yrs...

QB runs and wildcat formations and our staff has yet to figure out what they're going to do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: spurrier has used the same plan to beat clemson the

Dec 16, 2013, 9:06 AM

Dude! That's not why we lost this year. Here's a news flash, IT WAS THE FUMBLES. Giving them the ball in great field position with not 1, but 2 fumbled punts is a recipe for disaster. Add in the early Int and Tajh's fumble, and that's the ball game. The 2 late Ints were just icing on the #### cake.

Dec 15, 2013, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for ]

Yeah I really didnt have a problem with the defense during the SCar game. They held SCar to 312 or so yards and really stuffed Mike Davis. Them having only 312 yards of offense after they got the ball back 6 times from the offense.. I think that is pretty darn good. Offense and Special teams dropped the ball (pun intended) during the SCar game. Defense played plenty good enough to win.

Dec 15, 2013, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for ]

I thought they did a ### good job on USuCk just had some extremely bad luck whether it be mental or whatever. Shaw's running didn't beat us the ### 4 turnovers in the 4th beat us. As a defense you have to pick your poison and they did in the form of Mike Davis you look at the year he had and you can't help but to go into that game thinking you have to stop Davis at the expense of maybe letting Shaw run some but thats not the reason we lost we lost because we jumped offsides on a 4th and 1 when everyone knew they were trying to get them D to jump offside and then the 2 fumbled punts deep in our own territory. You aren't going to beat Georgia Southern (sorry Gators) turning it over like that....

So all those third down conversions (especially the 3rd
and Long plays) that Shaw specifically picked up on several
drives isn't what beat Clemson ? ..Really ?
No he didn't put up the 31 points (only 6 of those off
of the first TD). However, his picking up the third and
long situations with his legs and with his moving around
in the pocket and finding an open receiver was Exactly
what kept our offense on the field, and what kept your
defense on the field AND...won the game. Said it before
here, but two of those four turnovers in the fourth
quarter took place when Clemson was FORCED to throw late
and in a hurry up situation when SC had pretty much sealed
the deal. If the game was inside 7 points with 4-6 minutes
to go in the game, Clemson would have played more of their
standard offense in that situation and the hurried throws
with under 4+ minutes probably doesn't happen. The turnovers
that killed you guys were the Pick by Williams (Free safety)
on the first drive, and the two fumbles (one by Boyd and
the fumbled punt by Humphries (the second of his two)
that did you guys in. All of those led directly to points
and killed what momentum your team was building. Shaw
didn't win it all by himself, but his efforts to pick up
crucial first downs in critical situations when you needed
a stop from your defense, and your offense back on the
field was "death by numerous paper cuts".

I do not recalling stopping Connor Shaw on

Dec 15, 2013, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for ]

3rd and 2 3rd and 6 3rd and 9 3rd and 14 3rd and 7 3rd and 4...shall I go on?

Dec 16, 2013, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for ]

Considering Boyd and Humphries got stripped of the ball, maybe someone coaching more ball security might be of some use. Both of Boyd's picks were into triple, count'em, triple coverage, and let's not even review the comedy of errors on that first punt/fumble, or the wounded duck/trick play first pick. All coaches know that players' lack of proper execution ultimately falls upon their shoulders!

Dec 16, 2013, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for ]

USuCk would have had <50 yds if we wouldn't have kept giving them the ball back. we gave them WAY too many opportunities

A few 3rd and long conversions hurt, but the D played well

Dec 15, 2013, 12:15 PM

enough to win the game.

318 total yards
2.8 yards per carry
22 yards and 1.5 ypc for Davis

We lost because of the first 4 fumbles that gave SC 14 pts and cost us 6-14 pts of our own. If you blame the defense you're dumb.

Re: A few 3rd and long conversions hurt, but the D played well

Dec 15, 2013, 8:01 PM

I'm glad somebody understand how the game can be won or lost from a logistic standpoint. Gives and Takeaways play a major role in the outcome of a game.

Our gameplan for USuC wasn't really that bad.

Dec 15, 2013, 12:36 PM

It was the turnovers that killed us. We lost 6 chances to get points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

SOS has out coached Dabo every year. Not sure why next season will be different***

Dec 15, 2013, 2:41 PM

Re: SOS has out coached Dabo every year. Not sure why next season will be different***

Dec 15, 2013, 8:03 PM

Talent in the right places, and less injuries(unpredictable)in key positions will help.

Dec 16, 2013, 8:24 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1865356-south-carolina-vs-clemson-steve-spurriers-substance-tops-dabo-swinneys-flash

November 25, 2013

Spurrier has whipped the pants off Swinney in what has been a classic case of substance over style.

Swinney is 1-4 against South Carolina and Spurrier since taking over as head coach from Tommy Bowden at Clemson in October 2008.

The Tigers beat the Gamecocks 31-14 that first year but haven't really been close since, losing 34-17 in 2009, 29-7 in 2010, 34-13 in 2011 and 27-17 in 2012.

Each year, the Tigers come into the game with a vast array of skill position talent and offensive numbers that would make some pro teams blush.

The difference in all four games is that South Carolina has dominated the line of scrimmage offensively and defensively.

Substance over style.

In each case, Spurrier and South Carolina have been able to impose their will on the Tigers, shutting down the run and pressuring the quarterback on defense, and moving the football on offense with a balanced attack behind a line that has pushed the Tigers off the line of scrimmage.

And they did it again this year. Same plays, same results. The difference is not who had the ball. The difference is what they did when they did have the ball.

Wrong.***

Dec 16, 2013, 8:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

127 yards is NOT shutting down the run

Oct 29, 2017, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I read that Dabo and the coaching staff have a plan for ]

If that is the case, at 140 yards for SCar I guess we effectively shut down their run too, no??

6 TOs to 0 was the difference maker in that game. You can argue that Spurrier out coaches Swinney - or that substance wins those games - but it's not like we were shutout of winning by their defense. We beat ourselves mentally as usual. We let ourselves get psyched out. As usual....

If yards were points, we would be #1***

Dec 16, 2013, 9:00 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic