Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Iptay and Season Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Iptay and Season Tickets

Sep 28, 2017, 7:17 AM

Good morning all,

I am looking into becoming an IPTAY member with the intent of purchasing season tickets (football of course). We have two daughters attending and it seems more appropriate at this point to buy season tickets rather than angling to get single seats when we come. If I join at the $400 level should I expect to get season tickets the first year or would I have to earn several years of priority points to "win" the right to buy tickets? I assume if I do i may not have together seats and would be UD at the ends. Is this realistic?

Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay and Season Tickets

Sep 28, 2017, 7:26 AM

yes, you can assume you will most definitely be upper deck, more likely, north , i have been donating for few years at a higher level than that and im upper level, north deck, you should be able to get seats together.

Sep 28, 2017, 7:28 AM

also meant to say, yes more likely, end zones uppper, i requested to be moved after increasing my donation and im still in same seats in upper endzone

Sep 28, 2017, 7:29 AM

I think you would be able to buy tickets at that level but I am also sure you would be in the upper deck. Lower tickets are very hard to come by and with the teams success they are becoming almost impossible to get.
Join iptay if you support clemson. That's where the scholarships come from and they are increasing in cost also.

Some tips for joining IPTAY

Sep 28, 2017, 8:24 AM

Look on the IPTAY website and you'll see the chart for how many tickets you can buy at each level.
Some advice:

1. Consider the $800 level. You'll start ahead in seat selection and move up faster to better seats.

2. if you have kids in school here, make an effort to get to know your IPTAY representative in your county/city. Every city has one. Knowing them is a crucial part on getting help on everything from better seats to being included in some "insider" invites.

3. Be persistent (but kind.) Each year call and talk to a rep about your seating. People make the decisions, not machines, so the more they know you, the more likely they'll remember you when its time to make those decisions. It won't happen year 1, but later, you'll be glad you made those calls.

4. Your initial seats will most definitely be "cheap seats" but here is how our family sat pretty close together even in the early days:

-- we started with two seats together in the end-zone and two seats together in the upper deck (TDH). Over the years, those upper seats moved down the lower bowl and are now on the 50 Yard Line 28 rows behind the Clemson bench. We now buy 3 pair of tickets every year and have one pair on the 50 yard line in section F and the others are together in the WEZ in section X. But when we had the upper decks, we'd sell those season tickets for twice what we paid for them and then go online and buy a pair as close to one of our other pair as possible. At least that way we could all hang together at halftime or before the game. We could even see each other from all three seat locations.

Finally, understand that it's all about the money. Understand that it takes time and money to build up to great seats. We're blessed with our 50 Yard Line seats and the WEZ seats are also great. But it wasn't always that way. Early on, it took effort on my part to make sure I kept my points, but that I also had quality seats. You can do it, but it takes effort.

Sorry so long... good luck.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

You do not have 50 yrd line tickets 28 rows from

Sep 28, 2017, 9:34 AM

Clemson's be bench for $800.

Also iptay reps are useless if you know how to use the Internet and a telephone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: You do not have 50 yrd line tickets 28 rows from

Sep 28, 2017, 9:42 AM

Maybe --- if donating for 50 years and kept the same seats. But it is hard to believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 of us doesn't understand the seat equity plan

Sep 28, 2017, 10:28 AM

2 seats in the lower deck, 50 yrd line requires a minimum $1600 donation. 800 per seat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Guys, I sit in section F Row FF

Sep 28, 2017, 6:11 PM

Seats 13 & 15. Stop by and see me anytime. Been there for over 20 years and yes, we pay a ton to be there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I reactivated in 2015 when my son started school.

Sep 28, 2017, 8:34 AM

Had not purchased tickets or donated since 2003. From my experience, it’s all about your initial donation level. The per seat donation requirement will be enough to keep your seats, but it’s far from what’s required to get them (lower, middle, south side, etc.).
Also, check to see if your company matches your donations to higher education. IPTAY will let your gift flow through the general fund to make it work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: I reactivated in 2015 when my son started school.

Sep 28, 2017, 8:58 AM

The highest donor levels (Riggs, Heisman...) get first pick of available seat. If you want decent seats go high then back down the next year.....

Did you buy back the years between 2003-14?***

Sep 28, 2017, 9:25 AM [ in reply to I reactivated in 2015 when my son started school. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Donate 400 will get you 4 tickets in tdn

Sep 28, 2017, 9:31 AM

You will never make it out of the top deck at 400.

I bumped mine up to $3200 2 years ago and got TDI

Sep 28, 2017, 9:35 AM

I asked the IPTAY office what's my incentive, other than the philanthropic contribution, to donate 3k vs 400 and have the same seats? They told me better parking pass.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic