Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo 1-4 with Coots. If he had won 2 of last 4 would you..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,212

Dabo 1-4 with Coots. If he had won 2 of last 4 would you..

Feb 6, 2013, 6:26 PM

rate him higher in your personal opinion as a coach since he would be 3-2 with Spurrier & Coots?

Now, Would you rate him higher IYO as an individual if he was 3-2 with them?

Saying..does winning over your instate rival make you a better coach...or a better individual..or both?

We all know that a coach's job depends a lot on what he does against the state team...such as with Holtz, Sparky Woods, Joe Morrison..or any of the unsuccessful Clemson coaches you can think of in the rivalry. Even Frank Howard knew how important it was to beat "them"! (Wonder what his overall win-loss record was with Coots?).

I will say that I've enjoyed watching Dabo mature in a lot of ways..and think he's making Clemson a fine place to play winning football with integrity..and Clemson is giving him a great venue to grow & be an even better man & coach.

May the two continue to grow & have success. GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo 1-4 with Coots. If he had won 2 of last 4 would you..

Feb 6, 2013, 6:31 PM

Coach H actually had a losing record but just barely. Of course remember virtually all of his games were there in cootvile. only a handfull in Clemson during his career

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stevie was 1-3 in his 1st 4 games against Clemson!!!

Feb 6, 2013, 6:49 PM

Tide turns this year, long Clemson run, screw the birds!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I rate Dabo highly...he is building something his way and in

Feb 6, 2013, 9:20 PM

the process the coots have happened to be pretty good and get some of their due....I suspect Dabo will now have us back to the norm of dominating them regularly...Great coach we have in Swinney!!!

Re: I rate Dabo highly...he is building something his way and in

Feb 6, 2013, 9:32 PM

sos is a sack of crap in my book and always will be, but dont forget he beat our ### w/ Danny when he was at Dook.
They have 20+ plus players on that roster in Columbia that could not get in the "C" and another thing those front 6-7 D Linemen they had the past 2 years didnt get that big and strong in the weight room. They had other help!!!

are you coot? if not, stop making excuses for dabo.

Feb 6, 2013, 10:19 PM

They beat us, period. Our guys will get them next year. We sound like a bunch of cry babies claiming they cheated or they're players are ignorant or they're players are thugs.

By the way, of course I'd think Dabo was a better coach if he won more games, what kind of question is that?

Re: I rate Dabo highly...he is building something his way and in

Feb 6, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I rate Dabo highly...he is building something his way and in ]

Frankly, I'm more worried about UGA right now. From a national perception standpoint, the opening game in 2013 is the most important game for the Tigers in a very long while. The CFB win gave us a great surge, but UGA will likely be the litmus test for national perception (like it or not) concerning Dabo's imprint on the program's success. Unfortunately, without us, the 'Noles, and the Gobblers, the ACC is not very impressive from a national viewpoint, but a strong opening win over UGA will turn a lot of heads (yes, even in Connecticut), and prove to the nation that the LSU game was not a fluke. Two consecutive wins over SEC powers will push us into elite status early and jump start Tajh's bid for the Heisman.

Dabo has had the misfortune to play the ##### during

Feb 6, 2013, 10:24 PM

their best run ever. When little stevie gets bored and wants more time for golf it will revert back....if not sooner. Dabo is building a winner here

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Dabo 1-4 with Coots. If he had won 2 of last 4 would you..

Feb 6, 2013, 10:47 PM

I agree with stop making excuses as to why we haven't beaten them in the last 4 years. Those excuses sound just like the ones the S. Carolina fans have always made in the past. Just win and no excuses are needed.

what he has done in 4 years at Clemson

Feb 6, 2013, 10:54 PM

makes me say he is a great one and just starting out

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,212
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic