Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its hilarious that SCar finished ahead of Bama, Mizzou and Oklahoma... What a joke***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Its hilarious that SCar finished ahead of Bama, Mizzou and Oklahoma... What a joke***

Jan 7, 2014, 12:53 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only silver lining to their obviously inflated ranking

Jan 7, 2014, 12:56 PM

is how far they will fall next year. They will be preseason Top 5 and lucky to finish in the Top 25.

I don't think Coots realize how big a part of their success that Shaw has been. He was a true gamer, I'll give him credit. Without him, they would have lost two or three additional games each of the past three seasons.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of ya'll have no clue

Jan 7, 2014, 3:10 PM

How far they will fall? They have all the LB's back, they are deep at RB,WR and TE. They already have a QB that beat us in Death Valley. We have lost our Best WR ever, our #2 WR, our Best QB ever and probably our best DE. Worry about us before you worry about the Coots!!!

It's all subjective. Easiest to justify them being

Jan 7, 2014, 12:57 PM

Ranked higher than Missouri, since they won head-to-head, on the road. I don't personally think they are better than Alabama or Oklahoma. But they did all have 2 losses and similar schedule strengths, so I don't think it's ridiculous, or a "joke".

Except your two losses were to UGA and unranked Tenn

Jan 7, 2014, 12:58 PM

yet other Coots will argue that our win vs. UGA wasn't impressive seeing as how they finished the season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer to refer to them as "they," not "we".

Jan 7, 2014, 1:03 PM

There are a myriad of factors...some people use an "eye-test," some people focus on who they beat, some on who they lost to, some on how many points they score. Point is...they went 11-2, same as Bama and Oklahoma, against relatively similar schedule strengths. So I don't think it's a "joke" to have them ranked ahead, considering they didn't play head-to-head.

Re: I prefer to refer to them as "they," not "we".

Jan 7, 2014, 1:22 PM

I don't know how someone can justify making them the #4 team in the country with a losses to 5-7 and 8-5 teams. I mean, we lost to the undefeated National Champion and a team that finished 11-2.

One could focus on the quality of teams they defeated.

Jan 7, 2014, 1:29 PM

That's certainly a favorable view for South Carolina, with wins over Missouri, Clemson, UCF, and Wisconsin.

Or one could take a more holistic view. For example, among the 2-loss teams, the Gamecocks had the third-best total opponents' win percentage (.589), behind Auburn and Missouri.

Or one could take a "how you finished" attitude and say that South Carolina, winners of their last six games, are one of the best teams going "right now".

These ways of thinking are just as valid as ways that put the Gamecocks in a more negative light, like the unranked losses, and their scoring margin.

You've gotta beat teams too though.

Jan 7, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I prefer to refer to them as "they," not "we". ]

Until the bowl our best win was over that 8-5 team that you are making fun of them losing to.

Sympathy vote for Old Ball Sack***

Jan 7, 2014, 1:02 PM

They dodged the SECCG***

Jan 7, 2014, 1:15 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic