Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I posted a couple weeks ago that my daughter put LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I posted a couple weeks ago that my daughter put LSU

Jan 21, 2020, 4:24 PM

In her SAT info request. Ive been getting their propaganda ever since. I usually just give her the mail when I check it... that was before the NC game where I got to witness the LSU experience 1st hand

She got more mail today, but this time I'll send it back. What do you think?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I posted a couple weeks ago that my daughter put LSU

Jan 21, 2020, 4:30 PM

BS in Intoxication; MS in Corn Dogs and a PHD is STD

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 4:32 PM

Like KY, the fan base does not know how to foster class. If you think it won't rub-off, think again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Did you look at the picture of what I'll send back?***

Jan 21, 2020, 4:35 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I think it would be a great back up school if you're a

Jan 21, 2020, 4:57 PM

complete dumbarse.

Love your response, though. I'd would said... STCTDB

C=clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 5:05 PM

Whatever happened to parents that let their children make
their own decisions? If she really wants to go there let
her go.If you interfere she will not forget.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Logic like this is what results in fan bases like LSU.

Jan 21, 2020, 5:42 PM

Allowing children to make bad decisions is not what good parenting is about. It is parents' responsibility to provide guidance so that children learn to make GOOD decisions. So you are saying that if a child of yours decided to drink and then drive a car, "if she really wants to go there (drink and drive), then let her. If you interfere, she will not forget." Really?

Parents are charged with raising children; not just watching them grow. You teach them how to make their own decisions, but you don't stand idly by and let them make life-changing mistakes... you correct them when they're wrong.

My opinion...

Message was edited by: 7173TIGER®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Logic like this is what results in fan bases like LSU.

Jan 21, 2020, 6:05 PM

That's a question from left field.No parent in their right mind
would want their child to start drinking. The answer I gave is
about choice such as college etc., not something that would hurt
them.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

I didn't give my children a whole lot of choice for college

Jan 21, 2020, 6:36 PM

They were average HS students. I cut them some slack. But when it came time for college, I rode them like sea biscuit. I wanted them to make the right financial and academic decisions. Both of my girls and son went to community college first. That way they could save money, stay home and get all the support they needed.

Daughter 1 went to State and studied Chemical Engineering. Her company paid for her MBA at Wake Forest and she has had 2 promotions and is a senior manager at 25 years old. She makes crazy money they have her pegged for upper management and have repeatedly told her so.

Daughter 2 went to State and studied Chemical Engineering too. Her second year of community college she got a NASA NC Space Grant Scholarship. She got a minor in biomanufacturing and did undergraduate research. She chose a job as a rocket scientist instead of going for a PhD. (she still might get a PhD)

Son was a mess when he was young, but saw the girls excel and get great internships and great money. He went to UNCC and is in his last semester which is combined BS and early entry MS Computer Science. His classes count for both BS and MS degrees. He also had a great internship.

I taught them about personal finance, 401ks, IRAs how to set up a brokerage account why you save for a 20% down-payment on a house and get a 15 year mortgage while taking care of the car that was given to you to go to college so that you can save when it matters the most. Not just a couple times, we had "class" so to speak several times. No car payments and when they do, they understand that you get a 3 year loan max, drive what you can afford. Interest and time are both a killer and a blessing.

It's hard being a kid these days, they have a lot of pressures. The teenage years were rough, they started down the wrong path. I was determined to get them back on the right path and give guidance, and a lot of guidance.

They are insanely independent today. I have no worries. They have great lives. I wish someone would have taught me those things when I was younger so that I didn't have to learn everything on my own. It took me 10 years to get through college and a few more to figure out finances and how to world worked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The words in quotation marks were your words.

Jan 21, 2020, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Logic like this is what results in fan bases like LSU. ]

You made a general broad brush statement. That's why I responded to you. As I said, just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See Attached

Jan 21, 2020, 5:14 PM

See New Orleans Newpaper from a few days before the game.

Re: See Attached

Jan 21, 2020, 5:21 PM

Give her the propaganda and show her the article then discuss with her what she wants from a college and what it costs vs benefits.
See what she chooses!

If you don't agree, then tell her she can go to the school she chooses, but you will pay for her to go to Clemson!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good decisions vs bad decisions...

Jan 21, 2020, 5:35 PM

Yep. Parents are charged with raising children. You teach them how to make their own decisions, but you don't stand idly by and let them make life-changing mistakes... you correct them when they're wrong. That's how you teach them to make GOOD decisions.

Message was edited by: 7173TIGER®

Re: Good decisions vs bad decisions...

Jan 21, 2020, 6:09 PM

I hope that you change your warped mind about the way
you appear to rule. If you raise them the right way
hopefully they will make good decisions. Choice of
a college shouldn't be whether you like it but if
that's the way you are so be it.

Re: Good decisions vs bad decisions...

Jan 21, 2020, 9:45 PM

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think you're missing the OP's point, though. It doesn't appear to be a matter of him "not liking LSU", but rather a matter of not liking what LSU seems to stand for. After experiencing their wonderful (that's sarcasm, by the way) fan base on the walk from the Dome to my hotel, I tend to agree. Choosing a college is not the trifling decision you seem to paint it as. Truth told, my Dad offered to put me through Clemson, and I took him up on it. He also said that if I wanted to go to the University of South Carolina, that was up to me, but that he would not pay for it. He explained his reasons, and I saw his wisdom. BTW, I wanted to go to Clemson anyway, so it was a win-win.

As for me having a warped mind, that's not an assessment you are qualified to make. I have two degrees from Clemson, worked for a Fortune 100 company for 15 years, and participated in starting up and running 3 successful companies. As for my two children, they are well-adjusted adults with successful careers and good families. Did I raise them as I said? You're d a m n right I did! I counselled them on important decisions. When I strongly felt that they were heading for trouble, I told them so, and encouraged them to rethink. For the most part they did. When they didn't, usually trouble was the result. And, no, I did not "rule", but rather "parented." They would confirm that.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to start an argument with you... just my opinion.

Go Tigers!

Re: See Attached

Jan 21, 2020, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: See Attached ]

My bet is you don't have to do the last if you do the first!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does your daughter want to major in ?

Jan 21, 2020, 6:40 PM

Every university has some departments that are excellent and some that are not.

I wouldn’t do that. Writing that to LSU means you accept their offer for enrollment.***

Jan 21, 2020, 9:33 PM

null

Jan 21, 2020, 9:51 PM

I was confused... I thought you got it in the mail that way. If you’re sending it back with STTDB would that not seem like a “Geaux Tigers” nod of approval?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic