Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I placed a post about a month ago asking for prayers for my
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

I placed a post about a month ago asking for prayers for my

Dec 17, 2013, 11:57 AM

marriage. I read every post and each TMail giving advice. I looked at each side of me and tried to look at it from my wife's point of view. We have talked and are going to seek counseling, but we both admitted we love each other and want our marriage to work. We are taking it day-by-day. I am so glad that infidelity is not in the picture on either side. We both thought so, but realized that we were pushing each other away. This past Saturday, we both put our wedding bands back on. Please continue to pray as we have a long way to go, but it seems to be heading in the right direction. Thanks 88Tiger for your TMial.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best post I've read in a while...

Dec 17, 2013, 11:58 AM

I'll be praying for you guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome. Good to hear.

Dec 17, 2013, 11:59 AM

You and your wife will be in my family's prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome news! Continued prayers your way...***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Prayers together are a start. Prayers up from here!***

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I placed a post about a month ago asking for prayers for my

Dec 17, 2013, 12:00 PM

done. You will be remembered in my prayers. Pulling for both of you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pics?***

Dec 17, 2013, 12:03 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pics?***

Dec 17, 2013, 12:05 PM

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2013, 12:04 PM

Great News! God can heal your marriage!

Good news bud!***

Dec 17, 2013, 12:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Hope things continue in the right direction!***

Dec 17, 2013, 12:16 PM

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It works everytime ....

Dec 17, 2013, 12:17 PM

ITB

I've been married for 30 years and can only tell you that

Dec 17, 2013, 12:26 PM

life is filled with happiness and joy but just enough trials and tribulations to make you enjoy the good times that much more. Your marriage is worth fighting for and will be strengthened by your work. Good luck to you and your wife.

Re: I've been married for 30 years and can only tell you that

Dec 17, 2013, 1:15 PM

“There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them.
But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.”

Wishing you both the best as you continue on your journey.

Dec 17, 2013, 12:38 PM

We're pulling for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 17, 2013, 12:46 PM

Marriage is hard work...but the returns are really rewarding. Keep at it!

Way to go man! That is great. I remember reading that and

Dec 17, 2013, 1:01 PM

I thought to myself I hoped you guys got it back right. Best of luck. I've always looked to my parents and their marriage as one that I wanted to emulate.

My mother died when I was sixteen and when my father wanted to get married four or five years later, he asked me my thoughts. I said, "Dad you committed to Mom until death due you part. You lived up to that commitment."

It's something that I take very seriously and I wish you both the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for giving us an update. Always great to hear

Dec 17, 2013, 1:06 PM

good news at Christmas time. Remember the greatest gift you can give or receive is love. God bless and hoping that 2014 will be a new beginning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.

Dec 17, 2013, 1:14 PM

The gift of love is the gift of self. That's what Christ gave us. That's the example, to give one's everything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From the Perspective of a Mom

Dec 17, 2013, 1:07 PM

Praise God! Marriage is not easy and it is not a 50/50 arrangement. It is 100/100. After 47 years of marriage, I can truthfully say that at times it would have been so much easier to give up than to stay. But, because we took those vows, we have have loved each other "for better or for worse!" Praying that your counseling will be beneficial and that this will make your marriage that much stronger. It takes a big man (and a true "Country Gentleman") to admit his shortcomings and be willing to do whatever it takes to work things out. GO TIGERS!!!

all of y'all are going to make me cry!!! I can't thank you

Dec 17, 2013, 1:08 PM

all enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: all of y'all are going to make me cry!!! I can't thank you

Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 PM

it's posts like yours and the responses that follow that really make t-net worthwhile.been married 40 yrs.there have been many ups and downs,pluses and minuses etc.through all I've felt that things pretty much work out for the best,but that it takes a while for the good to manifest.key word is work.don't know anyone in a long-term relationship who would argue with that point.bottomline:marriage is work and sometimes hardwork.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Recommended book

Dec 17, 2013, 1:14 PM

"Meaning of Marriage" by Tim Keller is an excellent book presenting marriage from a biblical perspective and has been greatly helpful to my wife and me. I think any reader, Christian or not, who wants to strengthen their marriage will be challenged and encouraged by it. Highly recommend it.

Prayers said for y'all, but you should be praying together.

Dec 17, 2013, 1:19 PM

A family that prays together, stays together.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2013, 1:24 PM

So glad to hear this news. I will certainly pray for you man, and her too. God bless and please keep us posted on your journey!

Great update and thanks for sharing.

Dec 17, 2013, 1:38 PM

Prayers for you both!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You can't go ghey and all women are alike in one way.

Dec 17, 2013, 1:41 PM

They're all women.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whiskey tango foxtrot??***

Dec 17, 2013, 1:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who do you think 88tiger is?

Dec 17, 2013, 2:03 PM

I actually had to serriouslyup long enough to give a young guy some reallife advice. Now it's back to playtime.

Besides all that, it's true. You can't go ghey and all women are alike, they really are women. I've checked and I know.

Besides all that, it wasn't meant for you it was meant for the MFO. You can go ghey.

I understood everything except your statement

Dec 17, 2013, 2:06 PM

"You can't go ghey and all women are alike, they really are women".

And I tried ghey but didn't like it ;)

Agreed....this is getting eerie.***

Dec 17, 2013, 2:10 PM

null

^^^tried it and liked it***

Dec 17, 2013, 2:13 PM

Yeah, uh, I was there, remember?***

Dec 17, 2013, 2:12 PM [ in reply to I understood everything except your statement ]

Oh yeah...now I remember why I was

Dec 17, 2013, 2:12 PM

turned off ;)

I can't belive y'all jacked a thread like this...

Dec 17, 2013, 2:13 PM

What's this world coming to?

null

Examine the positives.

Dec 17, 2013, 2:20 PM

The guy made the right choice. He loves his wife or there would be no question about his decision. It keeps the OP on top of the front page and allows others to see the joy of following your heart when it comes to maintaining a marriage. It gives hope to those who waver in their commitment to marriage.

It allows the OP more points and puts a good concept in the HOF.

I'm saving these thoughts for a defense if crump finds out about this conversation. :)

Nice try and when the time comes, don't lump me in

Dec 17, 2013, 2:22 PM

with you morans. Go Tigers!

:)

null

Don't fool yourself.

Dec 17, 2013, 2:24 PM

You're a moth and a good threadjacking is the flame.

I had nothing to do with the jacking..

Dec 17, 2013, 2:24 PM [ in reply to I can't belive y'all jacked a thread like this... ]

just trying to get CT1988 to 'splain his jibberish.

I think he has a snootfull today.

Nice try. I've already T-mailed Crump.

Dec 17, 2013, 2:33 PM

:)

null

We've proven one thing here.

Dec 17, 2013, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Oh yeah...now I remember why I was ]

Every thread is jackable.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Trying to restrain myself...

Dec 17, 2013, 2:17 PM

not ready for Jamaica

Will keep all of you in my prayers

Dec 17, 2013, 1:43 PM

I hope you and your family will have a Merry Christmas !

Nothing matters more that you both being willing to work

Dec 17, 2013, 1:47 PM

at it. Good stuff. Keep after it and stay open minded!

Absolutely great to hear!***

Dec 17, 2013, 1:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Hang in there!***

Dec 17, 2013, 1:58 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news! What God hath made let no man put asunder.

Dec 17, 2013, 2:08 PM

Hang in there, I will pray for you.

Message was edited by: Beegshot® - Smelling error.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great!

Dec 17, 2013, 2:18 PM

Very glad to hear that! Keep up the good work. I've only been married a little over 2 years, and I've learned that it's tough sometimes, but it's always worth fighting for. Keep us updated.

Seriously... congratulations. I pray that everything

Dec 17, 2013, 2:28 PM

continues to mend. It will take both of you to get everything back togetehr. Believe me, I know.

that's great to hear mfo; wishing all the best to you both.***

Dec 17, 2013, 2:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's pouring his heart out here, no need to call him a ####

Dec 17, 2013, 2:32 PM

smh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My thoughts exactly...

Dec 17, 2013, 2:33 PM

what a cold mfo dsp is....

oh crap

Dec 17, 2013, 2:38 PM [ in reply to He's pouring his heart out here, no need to call him a #### ]

was he serious?

my bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't do it.....they're trying to lure you in. They're

Dec 17, 2013, 2:49 PM

planning a group trip to Jamaica and I want no part in it. Go Tigers!

null

Praying, and some advice

Dec 17, 2013, 2:32 PM

Ephesians 5 says:

"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her."

Study the rest of that paragraph. Read Philippians 2, and the Gospel of John. Understand the total commitment Jesus had, beginning in heaven, to love the church, no matter what it cost Him. How did He give Himself up for His bride, the church?

Then, ask yourself often throughout the day, how am I loving my wife like Christ loved the church? Does my wife see that there's nothing more important to me than us living to honor Christ? Am I being the best example possible to her of a genuine follower of Christ? Am I teaching her from the Word how to love Christ?

This isn't the advice that many would give today. But this is God's advice to husbands on how to be blessed in marriage.

I just noticed this....

Dec 17, 2013, 2:55 PM

"Thanks 88Tiger for your TMial. "

Is this the same guy that jacked the thread?

null

Nice detective work lbu***

Dec 17, 2013, 3:10 PM

He's nearly as much a genius as Forest Gump.

Dec 17, 2013, 3:56 PM

My post about the ladies was an (inside joke) reference to the mail I sent MFO.

Now YOU'RE calling him a MFO?

Dec 17, 2013, 4:02 PM

Heartless. Heartless I tell ya.

They have a kid.

Dec 17, 2013, 4:11 PM

He qualifies.

You thought I was quite the lady last Friday night.

Dec 17, 2013, 3:57 PM [ in reply to I just noticed this.... ]

Now I'm just another guy? WELL, I NEVER!

Awesome! So happy for you both!***

Dec 17, 2013, 4:47 PM

When my Mother died in 1998, my Dad was at her side,

Dec 17, 2013, 5:45 PM

lovingly holding her hand. He had cared for her with the same loving affection throughout her illness, as he had demonstrated throughout 54 years of marriage.

Shortly before he died a year-and-a-half later, I asked him who the most important person had been in his life. Without hesitation he replied, "Next to God that person was your Mother."

They had met and married quickly during World War II, began their lives together after the war and raised four children relying only on each other. They made decisions together as befitted the family and were always in agreement with all matters relating to their children.

Not once in my 50+ years during their lives did I hear them raise their voices at each other...nor argue...nor gripe nor complain. Surely, there were difficult times, but for 54 years they demonstrated a love and affection for each other that touches me to this day. Along with those characteristics was self-sacrifice on both their parts.

To this day I remain convinced that they are together again. Sometimes, I think it serves us all well to pause and consider how others have been a shining example worth following....

My very best wishes to you, your wife and family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news..for been through 50 girl friends after my D, and

Dec 17, 2013, 6:24 PM

not found anyone better to marry since 1987..spending over $50,000 probably to date, but still Single after 26 years...and now Old, Own lots of Boats/Convertie/RV's, Place on coast by ICWaterway, Great loyal Girl Friend to pal around with..But no WIFE.

So, glad you two are being smart, getting advice/help and seeing what the losses are versus the gains of not making it work.

Good LUCK!! Oh, GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing***

Dec 17, 2013, 7:09 PM [ in reply to When my Mother died in 1998, my Dad was at her side, ]

Thank you for the update. Our prayers are with you both.***

Dec 17, 2013, 6:38 PM

Why is this showing 98% pulse? You sure both are being

Dec 17, 2013, 6:57 PM

completely honest? Joking of course and am very happy for you both. At the end of the day, family is what is important

Dec 17, 2013, 7:16 PM

The family that prays together, stays together. Best of luck!

Dec 17, 2013, 8:00 PM

Prayers for your marriage.

Great that you both are going to counseling. Hope church

Dec 18, 2013, 12:53 AM

is in the mix also. Prayers continue. You can make it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's awsome news - - hope it works out for you guys***

Dec 18, 2013, 1:11 AM

hang in there with it, we'll keep praying for ya!***

Dec 18, 2013, 10:08 PM

Dec 18, 2013, 11:44 PM

The very best thing for the both of you is this. If you really love each other, both of you get into a good church. Both of you except Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior, and God will help you do the rest the easy way. I promise you, Amen!!!

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic