Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The difference in this program now:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

The difference in this program now:

Oct 27, 2013, 5:48 PM

Winning when we struggle.

We're not going to play perfectly every game. That's human nature. That's 22 20 year old kids on the field. That's injuries. That's 12 games a season. That's momentum and home-field advantage.

The difference between this program now and when Dabo took over--we'd lose every game when we didn't play well. How many times did MD or Wake bite us in the ### when Bowden was here?

We've had 3 games where we struggled against lesser competition. We've won all of those games by at least 10 points, two of them on the road.

All teams struggle. Good teams win when they struggle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The difference in this program now:

Oct 27, 2013, 5:53 PM

FSU didnt struggle with Md or with us. That's how you should want to play. I'm sure the standard with nameless faceless oponent they talk about would have us aspire to that. Clearly we arent here yet

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2013, 5:58 PM

They sure struggled with BC. Clearly they are #2 for a reason, but our program has without question turned a corner and seems to be poised to be a factor in the national picture for the foreseeable future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2013, 6:11 PM

A factor in the national picture for the foreseeable future?? Doesn't Clemson lose the best qb in their history (as proclaimed by Clemson's own fans as well as the record book)after this year as well as probably the most talented wide-out, Watkins?(I bet he leaves early) And by far their best defensive player in Beasley?

You honestly don't think that spells "rebuilding year" rather than being a factor in the national picture?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2013, 6:35 PM

There is certainly a question mark here. I won't deny that, but I feel very confident in our QB talent (what is here and what arrives in January). I feel our RB's will actually be greatly improved and I feel we will be down a bit at WR, but will be ok. I think we have assembled good depth across the boards, so yes, I think we will be in the national picture year in, year out.

Oct 27, 2013, 6:59 PM

so I assume you will agree with gamecock fans when they claim they will not miss a beat with Clowney and Shaw leaving them as they are confident in their replacements??

Oct 27, 2013, 7:10 PM

I honestly don't pay very much attention to you guys. Shaw is a baller, Thompson put it on us last year, Clowney is a beast with questionable character and heart. You have a lot of talent, but I see you guys settling back in to slightly, below mediocrity where your program has traditionally been. But that is not the most informed opinion, like I said, I don't pay you guys much attention (you certainly won't find me trolling any of your blog sites).

also improved at t.e. and only lose 1 on the o.l.,again

Oct 27, 2013, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: The difference in this program now: ]

we'll be alright. p.s.- i'm saying improvement at the t.e. position based on the experience factor, as we had all 1st yr. starters (or in leggetts case, 1st yr. playing).

FSU gave up 34 points to BC, so no FSU hasn't played...

Oct 27, 2013, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: The difference in this program now: ]

perfectly all season.

That's very true.***

Oct 27, 2013, 5:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The program is light years ahead of where it was, as we have

Oct 27, 2013, 5:59 PM

the talent and coaching to win those kinds of game. We have reached another level. Now, to reach the next level, we have to do something about our inconsistency and the fact that we seem to struggle so often.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You sunshine pumper...***

Oct 27, 2013, 5:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post.. that's why we're #8 in the coaches poll

Oct 27, 2013, 5:56 PM

people who know... know

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Great point…..

Oct 27, 2013, 6:02 PM

Under Bowden we would have at least lost 2 out the 3 games against BC, NCSU, and MD. Now the team can play bad, then come back and play good in the 2nd half of games. This is not a team that quits after a bad half or a bad qtr. Which is the polar opposite of what happened under Bowden.

Oct 27, 2013, 6:13 PM

I agree. Of course we want to win every game and score 50 pts. against everybody but that is not reasonable nor sustainable. It won't be that way with FSU forever either. College football is all about cycles and we are in a good one and I believe we are headed in the right direction. From the moment he went down the hall minutes after being named HC and fired Spence to deciding to put the ball in Watkins hands yesterday, Dabo has addressed and improved/fixed every problem we have had. I am not going to sit here at 7-1 with an 11-1 season in our future and complain or second guess. Yes, under Bowden, Hatfield, West we'd be lucky to be 5-3 right now.

I partially agree...Clemsoning is a thing of the past

Oct 27, 2013, 6:15 PM

We lost to a great team this season with FSU and would not be surprised in the least if they go on to play for a national title.

However, there is still a lot a games to be played before we start celebrating that. GT, while not a great team, has historically been a thorn in our sides. We are an injury or two away from having some serious depth issues in our secondary and that gimmicky ### offense of GT is notorious for causing them.

Re: I partially agree...Clemsoning is a thing of the past

Oct 27, 2013, 6:39 PM

True...but the GT offense is probably not the kind of offense that will cause huge problems for this years defense. The performance of our DL and LB's has been good enough. Where we would be in trouble would be an FSU type passing offense or another hurry up no huddle where our DB depth could be exploited. I like our chances against GT this year better than most...but oh how I hate those pesky little bees!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic