Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I never was cruel to animals.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I never was cruel to animals.

Jun 7, 2019, 9:33 PM

But I am now convinced that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

"Trump says the US has ‘indefinitely suspended’ planned tariffs against Mexico after reaching a deal...

Mexico’s Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard also announced that the U.S. would not impose tariffs. Ebrard had said on Thursday that Mexico would deploy its national guard to its southern border with Guatemala in an effort to slow migration from Central America..."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/07/trump-says-the-us-and-mexico-have-reached-a-deal-to-avoid-tariffs.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never was cruel to animals.

Jun 8, 2019, 9:20 AM

Like I told the guys working for me, I have my way, you have your way and as long as I end up with a carcass without skin I do not care how you do it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2019, 12:42 PM

That’s right trump keep them animals where they belong.

It’s not like Americans consume 10 times more resources than they need and have plenty to spare.

Jun 8, 2019, 1:11 PM

Jun 8, 2019, 1:33 PM

Hilarious.

Think about those women and children fleeing poverty and violence next time you clean your leftovers out of the fridge.

Jun 8, 2019, 1:45 PM

People all over the world fleeing poverty and violence, some are citizens right here in the USA skippy. We are unable to take in the worlds problems, you though are free to go forth and help them of course.

Jun 8, 2019, 1:50 PM

And there are more job openings than people on employment.

There’s plenty of room and plenty of work for people trying to get here, you just don’t want them influencing the status quo.

Jun 8, 2019, 1:57 PM

Till the welfare rolls are empty then :

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6adf15dca3c06c50e5a28aca99851c50-c

Jun 8, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I never was cruel to animals. ]

Staus quo? Please skippy, you sound more child like with every post.Look at U6 and get back to me .

Jun 8, 2019, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I never was cruel to animals. ]

Seriuous qwestion, how old are you?

Jun 8, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I never was cruel to animals. ]

You also fail to grasp that having more openings than can be currently filled is not a bad thing. It will move wages higher as they need to fill them. Duh!!!! Flood the country with more seekers only keeps wages stagnant or lower. Simple ECON 101.

I also hope that you meant we have more opening than those on unemployment rather than employment..

Jun 8, 2019, 2:24 PM

In other words there have to be poor people for there to be rich people.

Thank you for confirming what I already knew about you.

Jun 8, 2019, 2:58 PM

Still though you are off topic here AGAIN! What does allowing a bunch of poor folks in this Country have to do with raising the citizens of the USA out of lower incomes/poverty? Well? I am waiting? Here I'll do it for you, nothing in fact. It only helps to keep them stuck in poverty by suppressing wages.

Do you know what U6 is? Did you look it up or are you intent on remaining ignorant? It certainly is not 3.6% but 6.9%.

Like I said, you are free to go forth and help them across the globe. Letting them flood the USA is certainly not the answer but helping them at home would be a start. With all of your concerns and compassion I am sure you would be an asset to any organization looking for free labor .

What we term poor in the USA are on a world level very middle class to upper middle class taken in an overall perspective. Been all over the world, I have seen poor people and it does not really exist here. I have worked in places that slavery was alive and well for the cost of $600-$800 a month for 6 days a week, 12 hour days. Thing is those folks were happy to have the job as it was far better than what they get in their home country. Me thinks you have little to no real world perspectives at all.

Rich is also a very subjective term in truth, one may feel having $500k is rich , some $1m and others well above that figure. It all depends upon what strata on resides in or is accustomed to in truth.

Jun 8, 2019, 3:44 PM

You like to hear yourself talk and make yourself sound smart.

The bottom line is you want to keep people from coming from impoverished lands and seeking better lives here because it may lower your standard of living.

Our poor people are rich compared what some of these people trying to get here live in.

If Trump and all these conservatives were truly christians they would be trying to help people, not lock them out.

Jun 8, 2019, 3:59 PM

Well, compared to you I am a rocket scientist but no ,I talk to help educate the ignorant, such as yourself.

No skippy, my standard of living is really pretty set and allowing them in to lower costs for labor would only improve it. Geez, you really are that dense I see. It will lower the middle/ lower middle class to lower classes standards of living.

Yes it is true our poor are rich comparatively by government actions in supporting them with tax dollars, I am for helping US citizens out of poverty here. Flooding the USA with unskilled,low wage people is certainly not gonna help them and we certainly do not have the spare dollars for it since we are $22T in debt now.

If those folks wanted to fling open the borders and allow a surge of illegals in the USA I would want them gone too. Once agin how old are you?

Jun 8, 2019, 4:12 PM

Once again, Americans on average consume way more than they need and there are more job openings than people drawing unemployment. People drawing unemployment are able to work.

We have plenty of room to accept people fleeing South America. We had plenty of room to accept those Syrian refugees fleeing war that you trumpsters fought so hard to keep out. All because you want to keep America heads and shoulders above everyone else in the world.

Jun 8, 2019, 4:34 PM

Not at 6.9% U6 skippy.

Yes I am all for keeping the USA head and shoulders above all others for as long as possible, to do otherwise invites Elysium to occur.

No, I will not lower my standard of living. Why should I in truth. I worked , I took care of me and mine very well thank you and all I ask is you do the same. You and your, them and theirs are not my concern.

You are so concerned about what others consume, here is a clue it is not your concern as long as they pay for it on their own dime.

What are you saying here as it makes little sense-Once again, Americans on average consume way more than they need and there are more job openings than people drawing unemployment. People drawing unemployment are able to work

Yes they are able to work and as such should fill openings without wage lowering illegals in the way. Not drawing UE or welfare.

Bet you are very concerned with human based climate change too right? Here is a clue for you, root issue in that is too many humans. Till that is fixed then all else is a bandaid on a bullet wound.

Just got time to head off in the cart to tee#1 as I have a 4:45 time. You sit there and stew boy wonder because it is not changing in my lifetime and most likely yours either.

Jun 8, 2019, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I never was cruel to animals. ]

Since you still have not looked up U6 I provided what it is for you, no it is not a better version of the band U2.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/u/u6-rate.asp

Jun 8, 2019, 4:09 PM

Well, time to pull the golf cart out for a quick 9, you have yourself a good day wallowing in ignorance. Seems nobody ever taught you a simple truth-Stupid is no way to live, there are no 10th place trophies in the real world. You do not get a great job, high income, nice home,retirement by simply breathing.

Jun 8, 2019, 4:24 PM

While you’re out there hacking it up think about that family walking for days through the desert fleeing violence and encountering a wall and having to turn back.

Jun 8, 2019, 4:38 PM

Not my concern nor care. If it offends you I also do not care.

Jun 8, 2019, 6:29 PM

Why would it offend me?

Just own who you are. Don’t try and sugar coat it.

Jun 8, 2019, 7:09 PM

Speaking of lame responses skippy, yours is classic. In fact I have never tried to sugar coat who I am nor what I think. Actually I am very satisfied in who I am, what I have done and in most every aspect of my time on this earth. I worked my butt off, provided for my family rather well and have very few regrets.

So do tell me skippy just who you think I am, my bet is the classic go to racist. Wrong but then again you are not very bright. Skin color matters little to me as long as one is legally in the USA. Got very little use for illegals inside the borders though, be they brown, white, or whatever.

You seem to think having a fiscal concern for flinging open the borders is racist which is simply stupid on an epic scale. You do not read and only cling to self held(wrong) beliefs. That is the mark of a fool. You cry over wages, think you and them are owed for breathing, believe your education and health care should be free. You believe housing is a human right and most likely pay little to no income taxes. You are the perfect leftist fool, a simpleton that can be led around like a sheep.. Bet I am fairly close to the old bullseye.

Jun 8, 2019, 7:54 PM

Wow now you’re just projecting things on me that I haven’t even said.

Maybe your old ### should go lay down before you have a stroke.

Btw, what did you shoot?

How many live with you?

Jun 8, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I never was cruel to animals. ]

If you haven't taken one of them into your home you have no right to demand everyone else should. America is our home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many live with you?

Jun 8, 2019, 6:25 PM

This is such a lame response.

I don’t need to open my home to them. But I don’t mind them coming in and living down the street.

For some reason you do....

Jun 8, 2019, 7:19 PM

Wrong analogy skippy, a far better one is to come home and find them squatting in your living room. As he said America is our home and to illegally set up shop so to speak is not a good thing.

There is nothing wrong with legal immigrants in areas of need, though the H1B visa program has been used to get rid of high priced US labor and give those jobs to foreigners.

Wages are stagnated by influxes of people who will work for far lower wages, It is not hard to grasp, though you seem to fail at it . Says something about you I think. U6 at 6.9% means there are already people here that can fill openings.

You cry over women and children but you seem to have missed all those able bodied men in the caravans. Maybe fixing their countries would better serve them than running across our border, sometimes one must do the hard things in life and that includes fighting for your Country.. A Country that is unable to secure it's borders will cease to be a Country. Maybe you think that is fine, me not so much.

Jun 8, 2022, 10:42 AM

No that’s not a better analogy, that’s a trumpism. They will not be living in my house, they’ll be living in their own and just trying to enjoy life like everyone else in this world.

Be a man and just say you don’t give a #### about them.

I do care.

Jun 9, 2019, 1:47 PM

I'm like you, I'm not ready to sacrifice America's security, either national or economic security to see that they get what they want. They created the forms of government which has oppressed them and no one here wants to see a military action to replace their governments.

Like the old folks said, 'You made your bed now you lay sleep in it.' Harsh but true and it's the way of the world. We are making our bed now and I'm glad we have Trump to see that we don't share it with more than this bed can handle.

Do I love them? No more or less that the 70K homeless in one of the major cities in California and not as much as my children and their children. That's not unnatural or Christian to protect and provide for your own before you care for others.

Re: I do care.

Jun 9, 2019, 2:48 PM

Once again, we have plenty of room and plenty of jobs for them....and if it wasn’t for the over consumption of goods by Americans there’d be a lot less people starving around the world.

Trump and his ilk want to make sure we keep being able to over consume the worlds resources and they are claiming to be doing it in the name of Christ. It’s disgusting.

If it wasn't for our influence on world economics and...

Jun 9, 2019, 3:14 PM

politics the world would be just as it was before we came to exist. No one is claiming Christ is our center though many votes are cast for those who allow for freedom of religion and much is given to concerns.

As far as allowing everyone who is looking for better working conditions on the planet enter here we have provisions to do it legally while our unenforced laws protect the most vulnerable among us, the unskilled labor class.

To allow their competition to enter unabated and unencumbered is a moral outrage. You are backing a system which shows no concern for them and you are well aware of the simplicity of the economics of flooding the country with unskilled labor. You know it will continue to depress the wages of the unskilled and keep them indefinitely the poorest class of citizens.

Re: If it wasn't for our influence on world economics and...

Jun 9, 2019, 6:21 PM

Nobody is talking about letting the whole world in. This is about a specific situation....about shutting the southern border to people fleeing violence and poverty and sadly that is what won trump the election.

You're not aware that people are coming across...

Jun 9, 2019, 6:58 PM

our southern border from Africa and other places throughout the world? I swear, it's as if your head is in the sand. When the border is open as it has been for the last couple of years there's no differentiating between Central Americans and the rest.

Re: You're not aware that people are coming across...

Jun 10, 2019, 8:26 AM

The majority are families seeking better lives.

I’m not against border security, but when you make it the center piece of your campaign and demonize an entire demographic of people with false narratives and the “Christian” base laps it up and runs it with there is a problem.

And please don’t try to argue that is not what trump has done.

Nobody has demonized anyone other than MS13, human...

Jun 10, 2019, 11:35 AM

traffickers and the drug smugglers. I'm not sure anyone has called them devils so I'll be the first. They destroy lives with murder, separating families by ###### the kids and pimping them for sex or using them to help single people claim family status and they import illegal drugs which are responsible for million of American deaths the savageness that happens when children's fathers, mothers brothers and sisters overdose. It cost billions each year to treat drug overdoses which is always paid by those who work and buy their own health insurance.

No one has said the families are bad people but that doesn't mean that those low wage, unskilled workers aren't driving down the wages of the poor. I'm not even taking cheap shot as you do in your arguments and accusing you of hating unskilled workers and are demonizing them.

That's outrageous.

Jun 8, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I never was cruel to animals. ]

I meant no such thing and you're being very disrespectful to the subject. That reflects more on you than on me.

You know it's bad when Guatemalans fake documents just

Jun 8, 2019, 10:01 PM

so they can get into Mexico.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic