Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I realize i'm not going to change any minds but I am curious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

I realize i'm not going to change any minds but I am curious

Apr 6, 2020, 3:17 PM

For those that dismiss evolution, what is your main reason?

Do you think there is no evidence?
That the evidence isn't sound?
That all of the research labs are colluding and making it up?

The same science that lets us chat right now, that performs medical miracles and all that is saying conclusively that evolution happened and overwhelmingly so.

So just out of curiosity... why?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the theory of evolution.

Apr 6, 2020, 3:29 PM

I think there is tremendous evidence for it, and I think it's one of the most brilliant things man has come up with.

I disagree with the parts of the theory that contradict the Biblical fact that God created animals and man in a discrete event.

Re: I love the theory of evolution.

Apr 6, 2020, 3:32 PM

I don't understand how you reconcile "tremendous evidence for" evolution and then call the creation event fact (with no evidence).

Truly, I don't understand it other than you are just choosing to accept it.

I believe the Bible, regardless of any

Apr 6, 2020, 3:35 PM

"evidence" for or against it. I don't try to twist scientific "evidence" into the Bible, either, so I'm not a Ken Ham fan. Creation is a doctrine, not a science.

For things not addressed in the Bible, I'm completely in the corner of the scientific method and evidence. I, like you, have a math/science education and profession.

That is not even close to rational or reasonable.***

Apr 6, 2020, 3:38 PM

"I believe in a scientific theory in so far as this book which directly contradicts that scientific theory.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

OK.***

Apr 6, 2020, 3:39 PM

I mean, do you think that's a rational position to take?

Apr 6, 2020, 3:41 PM

There is direct evidence to the contrary of the bible but you just .. don't believe it?

I realize it's not a science book, but if you have hard evidence and one hand and lack-thereof in the other. That's just willful ignorance to ignore the evidence right?

I don't care whether it's "rational" or not.

Apr 6, 2020, 3:42 PM

No skin off my nose.

To each his own.

Apr 6, 2020, 3:44 PM

I respect that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all may respect that but you continue to beat a dead horse

Apr 6, 2020, 3:48 PM

I don't know what posts you are talking about...

Apr 6, 2020, 3:51 PM

But, personally, if a question is asked in good faith and I have time, I usually try to answer. If I can tell the question is asked with a motive of ridicule, I just ignore it. No big deal...I don't feel "attacked".

Whats to attack?***

Apr 6, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Y'all may respect that but you continue to beat a dead horse ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's probably because we are all bored

Apr 6, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Y'all may respect that but you continue to beat a dead horse ]

and picking P&R fights is fun.

Re: Y'all may respect that but you continue to beat a dead horse

Apr 6, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Y'all may respect that but you continue to beat a dead horse ]

Here's a hint, this is a P&R board. That's what is talked about here. You are only triggered because your beliefs are being criticized.

I am all for attacking ANY ideas that can't be backed up. "attack" away at my worldview, I'm happy to defend myself. Seems like you guys are just snowflakes.

LOL at calling people snowflakes when you're some

Apr 6, 2020, 4:01 PM

Re: LOL at calling people snowflakes when you're some

Apr 6, 2020, 4:07 PM

This is my one and only user lol. I only follow the P&R board, tigernet is way to redneck/boomer for me otherwise.

Apr 6, 2020, 4:08 PM

Apr 6, 2020, 6:11 PM

No, i used to have an older screename a couple years back. I don’t have another account atm.

Don't really care to get into this debate...

Apr 6, 2020, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Y'all may respect that but you continue to beat a dead horse ]

But I will address this:

I don't see the believers in here making posts attacking atheists and agnostics.

There has been plenty of that in here. Probably more so on this end than the other side.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Maybe so

Apr 6, 2020, 4:42 PM

Stick around. I plan to throw back some bourbon in a bit.

Apr 6, 2020, 4:45 PM

Who knows what will come out.

I used to get in religious threads on here more but avoid them if I can now. I mean, ain't nobody's mind getting changed on faith on this board.

Been told or insinuated to that I'm going to hell several times, so cheers to that.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Speaking of.. whatever happened to JHop?***

Apr 6, 2020, 4:49 PM

I thought DannyByGodFord was him....?***

Apr 7, 2020, 11:49 AM

This does actually shed some light on the thought process

Apr 6, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to I don't care whether it's "rational" or not. ]

though so I do appreciate that.

Please know that I only speak for myself.

Apr 6, 2020, 3:55 PM

Don't use my posts to generalize about others. I may be the only person on the planet who thinks this way. I know if said what I said about loving the theory of evolution and there being great evidence for it, to 95% of the people I associate with religiously, I'd probably be considered a heathen.

Re: Please know that I only speak for myself.

Apr 6, 2020, 4:14 PM

I appreciate your responses.
For me this is 1 of my biggest issues with organized religion. It’s so inconstant. I mean people believe parts of the Bible, others believe other parts, some fold science into it and “evolve” those beliefs as more scientific evidence comes available. The Bible itself is somewhat gibberish, and contradictions that can be twisted into whatever one wants it to mean, and has been used that way in history. People go to church and listen to a man or woman (in evolved) churches that read passages and say “what God or whoever is saying is...”.

So it’s very hard to understand how someone reconciles 1 thing or another. How can a person that says sone is going to hell, for being gay, yet have several divorces and a living wife(s). How can someone making tons of money (rich) judge anyone while they themselves are going to hell (eye of the needle...and all)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Apr 6, 2020, 6:54 PM

I think most believers realize there are things we cannot reconcile but that doesn't impact upon our faith. There are many things in the Bible I can't reconcile or answer but that is because I can't reconcile or answer them - not because the Bible or God is wrong. I agree with you that too many people, myself included, are often too judgmental about one type of sin while minimizing another sin.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2020, 7:11 PM

Man you are so close

I know, that. But i suspect it is similar for others***

Apr 6, 2020, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Please know that I only speak for myself. ]

Re: I mean, do you think that's a rational position to take?

Apr 6, 2020, 4:10 PM [ in reply to I mean, do you think that's a rational position to take? ]

Evolution doesn't necessarily contradict the Bible. Creation could have come over millions of years.

Further, science only goes so far. The Big Bang for example, there is a strong correlation to that theory and Biblical creation.

By definition, the Big Bang theory, something from nothing, is, in fact, supernatural.

Apr 6, 2020, 4:20 PM

> By definition, the Big Bang theory, something from nothing, is, in fact, supernatural.

That's quite the assertion...

Apr 6, 2020, 4:47 PM

Is there any other characterization of it? What does "super"-natural mean but outside the natural laws of science?

There is no Newtonian physical law that explains an explosion of matter into existence from nothing.

It is, in fact, supernatural.

Further, I understand those things you point out as confusing. "How can people believe this but not that" is an entirely fair question.

However, what the question doesn't encapsulate is a believer's personal, subjective experience. Faith in God isn't a purely intellectual exercise.

Now, though there may be many who claim to be believers out of environmental pressures and a natural desire to fit into one's, often, regional culture. Mostly there are true believers that have had experiences that confirm the existence of something outside of nature that they, we, can only explain as God.

Many turn to scripture for a better understanding, or an understandable explanation of God. For me, knowledge of God came before scripture.

Apr 7, 2020, 10:05 AM

Why would there be a Newtonian Law when Big Bang didn't become a theory until hundreds of years later? Lol.

Do yourself and go to the Big Bang Wiki page. They dumb it down enough to where even non-scientists can see that there is plenty of physics-based evidence, Hubble telescope observations, and radiation measurements to explain the BB theory pretty easily.

Apr 6, 2020, 4:53 PM [ in reply to I mean, do you think that's a rational position to take? ]

llort said:

There is direct evidence to the contrary of the bible but you just .. don't believe it?

I realize it's not a science book, but if you have hard evidence and one hand and lack-thereof in the other. That's just willful ignorance to ignore the evidence right?

That would seem a logical argument. What you're perhaps missing is his internal knowledge of God. A personal knowing that is entirely subjective but nonetheless real. Faith is not intellectual, nor is it objective.

Personally, I see no scientific evidence that contradicts the existence of God. If I've not seen some, let me know.

Apr 6, 2020, 6:16 PM

right but you can’t prove a negative. You don’t have proof zues isn’t real but you don’t believe in him... same logic.

Re: I realize i'm not going to change any minds but I am curious

Apr 6, 2020, 4:06 PM

Because they found a Neanderthal skull with a bullet hole in it. What else you need?

oh ####! Welp, that's good enough for me. mind changed!***

Apr 6, 2020, 4:08 PM

This is not apples and oranges....

Apr 6, 2020, 4:11 PM

It is apples and whadafukutalkingabout?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Hmm? I'm not comparing anything, i'm asking a question***

Apr 6, 2020, 4:19 PM

Apr 6, 2020, 4:21 PM

Nobody argues against micro evolution, or adaption. That is observed.

Marcro evolution is based on skimpy evidence. Piles of bones in the dirt that scientist have rendered into these ape like humans that supposedly prove we came from monkeys.

As a side note there are better philosophical arguments for the Christian worldview than the belief that the universe poofed into existence from nothing.

Apr 6, 2020, 6:22 PM

“Micro-evolution” isn’t a thing; that’s a made-up creationist term.

Also evolution doesn’t have anything to do with the big bang. They both happened but they are two different things.

Also, we have direct DNA evidence if our evolutionary history, it’s even stronger than the fossil record.

I’m betting you know this though and are just being dishonest. If you want to think the cornerstone of modern biology is bs be my guest and enjoy your fairy tales

Apr 6, 2020, 6:35 PM

Oh ok.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/evoscales_02

Huh, well color me impressed i was wrong on

Apr 6, 2020, 6:40 PM

that point. Didn’t realize that term was actually used.

Re: Huh, well color me impressed i was wrong on

Apr 6, 2020, 7:36 PM

What does “direct DNA evidence” mean?

How does the study of DNA today prove what happened millions of years ago?

Apr 6, 2020, 7:42 PM

Why don’t you wonder back over to where you cherry picked that microevolution excerpt from berkley and read it yourself. Your a smart guy, do a bit of research like a grown up.

This isn’t hard. We can compare our dna with other species to see how closely related we are. We can see where we last shares a common ancestor directly in our dna.

Apr 6, 2020, 8:22 PM

So if I find a wooden door with a gold knob and a metal door with a gold knob that means they had to come from the same material because they share the same part?

Isn’t that basically how it works?

Apr 6, 2020, 9:03 PM

If you're retarded yes.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:14 PM

Trump would be so proud of you.

I think God gave you enough faith to get you by but...

Apr 6, 2020, 4:29 PM

I think you deliberately decided to put that trust in something other than God.

Here's where the Bible addresses evolution...

2 Thessalonians Chpt 2

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be ###### who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness..."

For proper context read the previous verses in that chapter. It may be my response to your troll post about end times.

When Christ walked across the water to a boat filled with His disciples Peter doubted Him and said...Matt 14, vs 27...

"27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me..."

Peter had no more faith than you or me. The measure of his faith wasn't why he doubted and neither is yours, nor mind, nor anyone else's. Peters problem was that 'he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid.' He took his eyes off Christ and looked at what was around him. So did you and so have I and everyone else.

We are given a measure of faith. It is sufficient if we put it in God and not anything or anyone else. It is worthless if we don't put it in God and His Written Word.

Time for you to manup and return to your first love where you wait for science to catch up to The Truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quoting the Bible to convince a non-believer is like

Apr 6, 2020, 5:47 PM

using a quote from Spurrier to convince a Clemson fan to become a gamecock Fan.

A couple vital points in response to your comment.

Apr 7, 2020, 8:56 AM

God did not commission me to convince anyone of anything. That is part of The Holy Spirit's job. He won't hold me accountable or responsible for something which I have no authority over.

Llort asked why those of us who don't believe in evolution don't believe in evolution. I gave a deliberate and direct response to that question. Your comment complete ignored the question.

The additional information which I included was customized to respond to previous testimony presented by Llort. Anyone who doesn't keep up with the subject of this thread wouldn't know that.

I would agree with you that God's Written Word has no power but if I did we'd both be wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude...

Apr 6, 2020, 6:34 PM [ in reply to I think God gave you enough faith to get you by but... ]

When your teacher was explaining other subjects to you did you start throwing bible verses at them?

Evolution isn’t special, it’s just another branch of science. I don’t have some evil intent in my that “wants” to believe in evolution. That’s just what the evidence says, and makes the most sense.

When i learned about history I didn’t have an existential crisis and see if it conformed to my religion. Same for math same for chemistry, etc etc..

You are the nut case in this scenario covering your ears.

Again, evolution isn’t some special thing that exists outside of science, its like any other well founded branch. It’s the religious nuts that make it a “thing”.

The fossil record and dna evidence alone is not debatable (and isn’t in the lab, only religious people think it’s a “debate”)

Look it up right now, we can see where we shared common ancestors in our dna and it matches the fossil record.

Show me where that is wrong and you’ll be the most famous scientist in the world.

You're pizsing up a rope here.

Apr 7, 2020, 9:09 AM

I know more about evolution than you'll ever know. It was taught as a theory when I was in elementary school. When I learned about Darwin's 'fact finding,' exploration and that he had murdered 130 Aboriginal people and returned with their skulls he sold the theory with the supposition that blacks were the missing link between man and monkeys. Only the 'scientist,' and 'elites,' believed that bullchit. Now the peons are buying into it because they want to achieve 'elite,' status. Feed that ego.

Upon first exposure to the theory which studying social studies in the 5th grade I considered the blacks in our community and which instantly removed all consideration of the theory being science. I knew these kids, their families and community and knew my grandmother and grandfather were right. The only difference between them and us was the color of the outside of their skin.

I'm not continuing this conversation with you. You asked a question and now I've given you two legitimate responses to why I don't believe in evolution. I will not entertain your grandstanding and claims that 'science,' has all the answers. You admitted that we only know a minor fraction of what is knowable in this world yet you ignore that which you don't know after admitting that science is an infant in this universe.

Re: You're pizsing up a rope here.

Apr 7, 2020, 10:08 AM

You called them "the blacks"? Lol, classy

I've called black people black since they insisted...

Apr 7, 2020, 10:12 AM

when JB came out with 'Say it loud.'

If a black person complains I'll deal with it then. I'm injun, I like the term injun. I'm not a native american that's clumsy, imo.

Re: You're pizsing up a rope here.

Apr 7, 2020, 10:12 AM [ in reply to You're pizsing up a rope here. ]

> I know more about evolution than you'll ever know.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

> I'm not continuing this conversation with you. You asked a question and now I've given you two legitimate responses to why I don't believe in evolution.

No you didn't, you just say "Jesus did it" basically.

That fact that you think that what darwin thought has anything to do with the validity of evolution says everything. Hitler himself could have discovered evolution, just be cause he was the biggest ####### that ever existed wouldn't negate the fact that evolution turned out to be true.

> You admitted that we only know a minor fraction of what is knowable in this world yet you ignore that which you don't know after admitting that science is an infant in this universe.

Um no I didn't say science has all the answers. But it does have the best process we know of for finding them. Again, the whole "we only know a minor fraction of what is knowable" thing applies to your worldview too ########.

Enjoy Ezekiel 23:18-21***

Apr 6, 2020, 4:53 PM

thanks for sharing

Apr 6, 2020, 5:55 PM

Did anyjuan else just get turned on by this bible verse?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic