Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer interloping NC holier than thou ######
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Deer interloping NC holier than thou ######

Jun 27, 2015, 12:20 PM

Who came to our state capital and defaced our grounds today... stay the #### out of SC's business and tend to your own problems, as we're doing here. Perhaps you should have climbed to the top of your own state house in Raleigh and pulled down your own state flag which is patterned after the Confederate sovereign Stars & Bars. ###holes!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That lady is my hero!***

Jun 27, 2015, 12:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The flag needs to go quickly and quietly, but

Jun 27, 2015, 1:10 PM

If you know much about SC history the more that outsiders meddle in our affairs the more difficult it becomes to take these kinds of steps. That pair were attention ho's pure & simple and will only serve to harm the delicate process at hand as we move forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This state has a long history of foolish, stubborn pride

Jun 27, 2015, 1:18 PM

causing great difficulty for its citizens. But, you can't let that stop you from doing the right thing. Your choice of words in describing her is very revealing.

I applaud her courage, the power of her words and the respectful manner that she displayed in her peaceful protest - something all Americans should be proud of. I certainly am.

She is my hero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your "hero" is an unwanted outside agitator

Jun 27, 2015, 2:37 PM

Threatening a tenuous peace and unity rarely seen in SC outside of the face of threat or tragedy. I agree with foolish pride and stubbornness, and a realist such as myself can see where your Hero's actions are a setback to our recent progress, not a benefit, based on those very traits. We don't need something for the entrenched old schoolers to close ranks around that risk this next vital step.

Your argument sounds eerily familiar.

Jun 27, 2015, 2:49 PM

We have been too silent for far too long. It's time to stop blaming the victims and targets of injustice for the injustice that has been brought upon them and stand up for what is right.

So now that we're peacefully moving forward

Jun 27, 2015, 3:06 PM

In a unified front to right a long standing wrong you want to encourage those who don't have the stake that us South Carolinians do in this effort to interfere in incendiary ways to harm that process? Wow. Not very bright, bub, unless your objective is something other than you state.

If such a peaceful protest is concidered "incidiary" then

Jun 27, 2015, 3:14 PM

you're just looking for an excuse to blame others for your hatred and demonstrate that you will find that excuse to justify and rationalize that hatred come hell or high water.

It doesn't matter what "the other side" does. Haters gonna hate.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was going back and

Jun 27, 2015, 3:34 PM

Forth with an idiot. Thanks for clearing that up with your last completely baseless post. I pray that you and others who share your detachment with reality don't screw this up for all of us before the legislature has the opportunity to get the job done, finally, in the coming weeks. Peace out.

Re: I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was going back and

Jun 27, 2015, 4:23 PM

I can always tell who is winning the argument when the personal attacks come out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.***

Jun 27, 2015, 4:31 PM

Re: I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was going back and

Jun 27, 2015, 4:24 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was going back and ]

What are you two badgering each other on here ?
The OP assumes that everyone on TNet is aware of whatever it is that has happened to make him angry ...well we are not .
Please illustrate the details of your aggravation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sorry. A couple of folks from Raleigh, NC drove down to

Jun 27, 2015, 5:10 PM

Columbia last night, scaled the Confederate battle flag pole, took it down, and were promptly arrested. The woman who did the scaling and removing stated it was to "do what the SC legislature has thus far neglected to do," according to a news release.

She went on to make an impassioned statement to authorities before her and her cohort were hauled off for defacing a monument and released on $3,000 bail.

Link to story: http://www.wistv.com/story/29422293/woman-scales-state-house-flagpole-removes-confederate-flag

Had they performed this act at any point prior to what happened last week, I would likely have felt the same way as the Chuckster, as it would have served to ignite a debate and rally forces - a completely different set of circumstances. Occurring now, though, while we as a state are obviously united in an unprecedented way and taking matters into our own hands already following the Charleston tragedy, with the flag's removal a practical fait accompli at this point, I find it reckless, dangerous to the cause, and opportunistic for all the wrong reasons.

South Carolinians have shown a side of ourselves this past week that is the antithesis of what most people, including many of our own, have thought of us. We've come together to grieve, we've come together to show compassion, and we've come together to help rid our government's sanctioning of a divisive and hate-related symbol that has long since passed any semblance of utility. This NC couple grabbed a solemn stage to grandstand. I don't find it heroic. I find it weak and illegitimate. It was a divisive act at a time where unity is as strong as I've seen in SC in my lifetime.

I'm very proud of how my fellow South Carolinians

Jun 27, 2015, 7:19 PM

Responded to the despicable murders. Instead of rioting and looting, it was grief, prayer, and forgiveness by blacks and whites together. The flag is coming down by due process. We don't need showboating outsiders whose interests are self-serving. Committing a criminal act with a film crew present? Self-serving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Confederate flag supporters and Coots have alot in common

Jun 27, 2015, 9:00 PM

Both seceded from their original conference (USA and ACC), and both celebrate losing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be way off on this but the Coots seem

Jun 27, 2015, 9:22 PM

to have the monopoly on the flag supporters that explain themselves in the most cringeworthy way about why they are proud of it. Just going by comments sections and whatnot I've glanced over.....I'm not sure if they have ever booed the President during military inductions, but they seem to clearly have us beat on the "the blacks just need to move on or leave the state" talk.

Re: I may be way off on this but the Coots seem

Jun 28, 2015, 8:14 AM

> to have the monopoly on the flag supporters that
> explain themselves in the most cringeworthy way about
> why they are proud of it. Just going by comments
> sections and whatnot I've glanced over.....I'm not
> sure if they have ever booed the President during
> military inductions, but they seem to clearly have us
> beat on the "the blacks just need to move on or leave
> the state" talk.

Really?
You want to turn this discussion of tragedy and loss into a rivalry comparison of which school and less racists and which school can claim the moral hig ground in their history of their institution? Somethings are bigger than CU vs USC. You demean and cheapen the conversation. SMH

Here is the video. Watch how she takes care to not

Jun 27, 2015, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was going back and ]

desecrate the flag at the risk of harm to herself. Listen to her words and how respectfully she treats the people that intend to arrest her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-mt1P94cQ&feature=youtu.be

Yes. Very righteous of her to bring a crew along to

Jun 27, 2015, 6:40 PM

film her act of "heroism". Nice angles, clean editing, enough early morning daylight to not have to use artificial lighting, and right at 3 minutes long, like a hit pop song. They should be proud. Can't wait to see her on the national news circuit upcoming for the 15 minutes of fame she has coming her way.

I was surprised the flag wasn't lowered to half staff

Jun 27, 2015, 6:56 PM

or taken down sooner, if only temporarily, in a show of respect for the victims of the recent tragedy and out of concern for the message it would send to leave it flying high while all other flags were lowered.

Were you concerned that might impede progress? I don't recall your posts about it.

Re: I was surprised the flag wasn't lowered to half staff

Jun 28, 2015, 4:52 PM

### does the flag hsve to do with the tragic event? Absolutely nothing. By the way I am not a pro Confederate flag person.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2015, 5:57 PM

> ### does the flag hsve to do with the tragic event?
> Absolutely nothing. By the way I am not a pro
> Confederate flag person.

Let's keep up. Words matter and symbols matter. The flag itself didn't cause anything, but it is the flag that symbolizes the racial hatred that motivated the shooter. For most american, black and white, it is the modern day symbol of racism...not the confederacy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2015, 10:45 PM

Everything has to be spun it seems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is the video. Watch how she takes care to not

Jun 28, 2015, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Here is the video. Watch how she takes care to not ]

Glad she didn't get tangled in her hopes, could've become really awkward

My previous post was directed at those who you say will

Jun 27, 2015, 4:58 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was going back and ]

consider the action to be incendiary and are so easily insulted. I didn't realize you were referring to yourself.

Your posts illustrate the bravery of that young lady and how hard it is to make progress on these issues.

Please continue to defend those that you defend and I will continue to defend those that I defend. I make no apologies for standing up for what is right.

Re: My previous post was directed at those who you say will

Jun 27, 2015, 5:13 PM

> consider the action to be incendiary and are so
> easily insulted. I didn't realize you were referring
> to yourself.
>
> Your posts illustrate the bravery of that young lady
> and how hard it is to make progress on these issues.
>
>
> Please continue to defend those that you defend and I
> will continue to defend those that I defend. I make
> no apologies for standing up for what is right.

I don't think that your reading wildblulou's posts. He agrees with your goal, all he's saying is that knowing the climate and politics in SC a little diplomacy is advantageous to his and your goal. I applaud the ladies protest, but I too believe that it is ill-timed and does more harm than good to the ultimate goal of removing the flag. SC politicians are historically intransigent. Rubbing change in their face hasn't ever been effective. (see flag flying on state house grounds).

Civil disobedience and peaceful protests are founding

Jun 27, 2015, 5:25 PM

principals of this country. She didn't burn the flag, cut into tiny pieces, or throw it on the ground.

To become enraged by her actions and call her the names that were used in this thread seems extremely defensive and an odd way to react to her actions, especially in light of the fact that the flag was never taken down or even lowered to half staff out of respect in the wake of these recent tragedies. That was one more sharp stick in the eye of the recently departed. Where was the outrage for that?

Re: Civil disobedience and peaceful protests are founding

Jun 28, 2015, 3:17 PM

C T-Man. Your hero was way late. It didn't help anyone. All she did was show her ####, plain and simple. Apparently she wanted to dog pile on the pro flag people as she sensed their vulnerability.

The bravery of this past week occurred last Friday when

Jun 27, 2015, 5:37 PM [ in reply to My previous post was directed at those who you say will ]

family members of the slain had the love, compassion, and fortitude to forgive a hate-filled excuse for a human being for his unconscionable actions. It took bravery because they had to fly in the face of the outrage and do the unthinkable. It was a transcendental moment not just for South Carolina or the South in general, but for the nation and world.

Your "heroine" from Raleigh knew full well when she drove down last night that she would be looked at upon by many as such. She flew in the face of no one. They made a point to film the effort to show off on YouTube. Unprecedented support for the flag's removal is already in place. Her action will only fuel and help galvanize the divisiveness that remains. It may be an unfortunate reality, and one you wish didn't exist today, but it is there nonetheless.

We agree for the most part. I think those that might use

Jun 27, 2015, 5:49 PM

her actions as a reason to dig in their heels will realize that this is a reasonable symbolic event in light of recent tragedies and all the facts of our region's history and can rely on people like you and me to remind them, should they forget.

We agree on the cause itself. We obviously disagree on

Jun 27, 2015, 6:52 PM

this morning's event on many levels. Thank God we live in a society that allows us to do both.

Go Tigers!

trespassing, defacing public property, endangering others, etc. Nice hero.***

Jun 27, 2015, 5:20 PM [ in reply to This state has a long history of foolish, stubborn pride ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: trespassing, defacing public property, endangering others, etc. Nice hero.***

Jun 27, 2015, 5:25 PM

Boston Tea Party, Revolutionary War, March across Edmond Pettis Bridge, Watergate protest, Vietnam War protest.... all trespassers.

If you know that there is stubborn pride, then

Jun 28, 2015, 7:25 AM [ in reply to This state has a long history of foolish, stubborn pride ]

you also know that it makes it more difficult to remove it. The only way she could be your hero is if you don't want it removed. Otherwise, your comment makes no sense.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are in need of a real hero then.***

Jun 27, 2015, 1:24 PM [ in reply to That lady is my hero!*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

She was wrong ...

Jun 27, 2015, 2:42 PM [ in reply to That lady is my hero!*** ]

No matter what her true intentions, she probably set the process back rather than moving it forward.

The issue has been sensitive to both sides for a long time, but a great many people who were formerly against taking the flag down simply on principle had begun to change their stance. In the past, they'd resisted being forced to get on board, but sympathy to the recent tragedy had made a lot of people re-think their feelings regarding the flag. They still might not agree, but they were willing to set their feelings aside for the greater good.

Now, many fence sitters and those who had perhaps grudgingly decided that it was time for a peaceful and legal solution to the issue will probably revert to digging their heels in.

Re: That lady is my hero!***

Jun 27, 2015, 5:45 PM [ in reply to That lady is my hero!*** ]

uh - you do know that women are usually heroines - right??? Or is she ghey? You make her sound ghey. She sure was a stupid chithead to climb that pole. Too bad she didn't bust that ghey ### and fall off the pole.

women are heroin - got it

Jun 28, 2015, 7:58 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer interloping NC holier than thou ######

Jun 28, 2015, 6:55 PM

We all know that no matter what happens with the flag it won't change a dang thing that's wrong in this state or country. If anything just add fuel to the fire.

Jun 28, 2015, 9:48 PM

The person who removed the flag and her assistant should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The security guard who stood by and watched should be terminated for not preventing her from committing the act.

Jun 28, 2015, 11:35 PM

Agreed. There is no justification for those actions.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic