Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Grantham
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,149

Grantham

Dec 22, 2015, 7:42 PM

Remember Grantham last year. Pretty good. Really good for a freshman at Clemson. Now after one year of our "coaching" he is awful. It's just not the lack of recruiting, it's also coaching. I hate to say it, but you can't deny it. And yes, I am a season ticket holder and attend most games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grantham

Dec 22, 2015, 7:44 PM

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

players do good after they transfer***

Dec 22, 2015, 7:45 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be in the minority

Dec 22, 2015, 7:54 PM

But I never really thought he was that great. He seems to chuck up a lot of 3's to me.

Also thought he was pretty inconsistent. I do however think he could be really good.

As for Brownell coaching him into a worse player, I think he's done a pretty decent job coaching players, I feel like most players usually improve from year to year.

I still stand by my thought that Brownells biggest issue is the lack of an ability to recruit. I'm not a "Brownell supporter" , I'm a Clemson basketball supporter and I want what is best for Clemson. I feel like if I were the one making the decision, I'd give him 2 years after littlejohn is done to see if that improves recruiting

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I may be in the minority

Dec 22, 2015, 7:56 PM

but who has recruited at CU. Barnes had a great team made mostly from one unheralded class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 8:02 PM

Some would argue purnell could recruit.

I'm not saying we were a recruiting powerhouse before Brownell, we are a football school after all (meaning all our resources were going to football).

The fact that you're saying who has ever been able to recruit to Clemson should say something shouldn't it?

Dec 22, 2015, 7:59 PM [ in reply to I may be in the minority ]

I'm a Clemson supporter and rarely offer opinion on coaches. I try to be positive of the players and coaches. But, in this case, DRad needs to do what he did in baseball. Upgrade facilities need to be combined with a fresh start at the head coaching position. Brad will be taken care of financially with a $5 million buy out. Just look at LittleJohn costing us $68.5M instead of $63.5M.

I think if/when Brownell is fired

Dec 22, 2015, 8:04 PM

You have to go make a big hire, like throwing money at people. If we're making a commitment to basketball we need to show it

Yes, time for a full commitment

Dec 22, 2015, 8:07 PM

otherwise we're just saying mediocre is acceptable

I agree totally, but it will be hard to get a winner who is

Dec 22, 2015, 8:26 PM [ in reply to I think if/when Brownell is fired ]

currently in a good situation. He is now in his 60's I think, but could Barnes be bought back?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 8:05 PM [ in reply to I may be in the minority ]

"As for Brownell coaching him into a worse player, I think he's done a pretty decent job coaching players, I feel like most players usually improve from year to year."

Really?? Nnoko says hello.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 8:08 PM

Nnoko is better than when he arrived isn't he?

How about rod hall? Sidy djitte? Josh Smith? All have gotten better since getting here, I'm not claiming he's making them stars, just improving them

Dec 22, 2015, 8:16 PM

I would hope every player that comes in as a freshman leaves a better player as a senior. BUT, relative to competition they are not keeping up. That is a direct result of a lack of player development. Don't be foolish.

Re: Grantham

Dec 22, 2015, 8:25 PM

Yep I still haven't seen where the X's and O's are that great either.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,149
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic