Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love my teenage kids.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 492

I love my teenage kids.

Oct 29, 2020, 8:24 AM

Sitting here having my coffee.....son and daughter heading out the door to school.

Son: can I take your car dad?

Me: why

Son: because yesterday my check engine light came on and the brake light started flickering

Me: that would have been solid info to have told me yesterday

Daughter (with patented eye roll): DAD, people forget stuff sometimes!

Me: sigh and give him key, taking easy way out instead of continuing with my lesson in basic logic and responsibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feels***

Oct 29, 2020, 8:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I love my teenage kids.

Oct 29, 2020, 8:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look man, we can’t all just hop on the bus and then

Oct 29, 2020, 8:37 AM

Take the L train into Hoboken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was more directing that towards your kids, not you

Oct 29, 2020, 8:42 AM

I'm just happy mine can just walk to school.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, I was just trying to sound like JoeyNYC

Oct 29, 2020, 8:44 AM

and act like I knew all about big city life. I apologize for my fraudulence.

I was going to correct your train usage, but decided not to

Oct 29, 2020, 8:45 AM

L train to Brooklyn, PATH train to Hoboken.

Yeah!

Oct 29, 2020, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Yeah!

Oct 29, 2020, 8:48 AM

Side note, I still remember how annoying it was trying

Oct 29, 2020, 8:49 AM

to park to get to your place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are there any lungers whose houses you haven’t driven to?***

Oct 29, 2020, 8:50 AM

I'm trying to think of other junger's houses I have been to

Oct 29, 2020, 8:52 AM

mumbo78® has the nicest house of any so far I can recall.

Yea - parking in Hoboken ain't fun

Oct 29, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Side note, I still remember how annoying it was trying ]

But by my place is easier than other parts of town.

I’m a little ashamed. I should have remembered that from

Oct 29, 2020, 8:48 AM [ in reply to I was going to correct your train usage, but decided not to ]

The 3,786,902 times I have listened to Paul’s Boutique.

Missed lecture opportunity about walking, snow, uphill etc.***

Oct 29, 2020, 8:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife and I had this conversation last night

Oct 29, 2020, 8:58 AM

we have four teenaged girls. Early on, I would follow up immediately and see punishments through. They don't try me....at all. They know if I say I'll take the phone or car away, I will. And usually for a long time. Wife instead, tries to be nice. So, of course, they try her all the time and she's angry that they do it to her and not me.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Usually I’ll inflict the lesson, even though it might

Oct 29, 2020, 9:16 AM

Mean more work for me.

It’s pouring down rain outside though and if his car broke down between here and school it’s my grumpy arrse that’s going to be out there in the rain with him with the hood popped trying to figure out WTH is wrong with the car.

Well, at least you dodged the

Oct 29, 2020, 9:22 AM

'In the rain' part, but the 'pop the hood...WTH is wrong' moment looms! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In this instance...

Oct 29, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Usually I’ll inflict the lesson, even though it might ]

I probably would have done what you did.

But there have been a number of times I had to drive my highl school kids to school because of punishment. Pain in the butt for me, but they hated it worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't you give him a Rover ?

Oct 29, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Usually I’ll inflict the lesson, even though it might ]

if so, you just played yourself

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, wanted him to learn how to fix his own car.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:25 PM

It’s been hit or miss....he’s learned how to change all the various fluids on the car, how to bridge the terminals on a starter with a screwdriver to bypass the solenoid, valuable stuff like that.

But it’s still me running point on changing belt tensioners in a parking lot, troubleshooting alarm faults that keep the car from starting, and stuff like that.

Knock wood it’s been a great first car so far though.

I always thought this would be me

Oct 29, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to My wife and I had this conversation last night ]

But my son looks a lot like me, and seemingly has my personality....I'm far too narcissistic to punish that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 9:23 AM

That is pretty funny.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My son is nine. He is a pretty responsible young man but

Oct 29, 2020, 12:35 PM

I know time and puberty will change a lot of that. I hope not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These feels....

Oct 29, 2020, 1:10 PM

I have them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 3:56 PM

My son's school remains closed. I wish my govenor would stop this ####. Fingers crossed he will be voted out on Tuesday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 492
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic