Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sammy Watkins thinks NFL players need to get paid more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Sammy Watkins thinks NFL players need to get paid more

Jul 3, 2017, 9:41 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sammy-watkins-sees-nba-deals-says-nfl-players-need-to-get-paid-more/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Sammy. Offered him a beer once. But this is silly

Jul 3, 2017, 9:47 AM

NFL players get paid plenty. NBA players get paid more because there are less of them on the court and in the league.

Also, I think Sammy has gotten paid plenty to play partial seasons. He should worry more about staying healthy. And maybe if he saved his money instead of trying to bail his criminal brother out of jail, he wouldn't have this problem.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I love Sammy. Offered him a beer once. But this is silly

Jul 3, 2017, 9:54 AM

I agree with the first part but Sammy's personal life should be kept as such as what he does with his money is his own business.

Jul 3, 2017, 10:14 AM

As much as I want to agree about his personal life being left out of this, his brother is a thug, gang member and Sammy attempting to buy his freedom is almost as bad as committing the crimes. What do you think this guy is going to do when his expensive bail is paid and he gets off without consequence?

Re: I love Sammy. Offered him a beer once. But this is silly***

Jul 3, 2017, 11:12 AM

Jul 3, 2017, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I love Sammy. Offered him a beer once. But this is silly ]

Lol like you know the whole story behind sammy brother. That's between sammy and his brother. And only Sammy and his family know the facts.

Jul 3, 2017, 1:39 PM

Did I claim to know the whole story?

This guy is part of the Lake Boyz gang and had a million-dollar bond. This is not between Sammy and his brother. It's between his brother and the criminal justice system. I can't believe I'm having to argue about keeping a gang member in jail.

Jul 3, 2017, 1:56 PM

You started this about going off topic. The topic is about him saying nfl players need to get paid more not about his so called gang related brother. Next time just stay on topic not delegate from it.

Jul 3, 2017, 9:59 AM [ in reply to I love Sammy. Offered him a beer once. But this is silly ]

They're paid huge amounts of money , or what the market will sustain .
The NFLPU has done a pretty good job of negotiating contracts over the years , especially since the strike season back in '89 was it ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 3, 2017, 10:30 AM

Those strikes run me completely away from the NFL, and I'm just starting to peep back in but, it's all bc of the amount of Clemson players now getting drafted!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2017, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I love Sammy. Offered him a beer once. But this is silly ]

Yes they get paid plenty. Compared to what the NFL actually makes though they do not get a high percentage of that.

Jul 3, 2017, 1:52 PM

Under the 2011 Collective Bargaining Agreement, the players receive 47-48.5% of all revenue. Teams have salary caps for both minimum and maximums, but OTOH must spend 95+% of salary cap overall as a league, and each team must average 89%+ over four-year periods.

If the players don't like the terms, they can renegotiate after 2020. Or they can quit and form a new professional football league owned by players, run by players and just compete with the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Sammy ought to try his hand

Jul 3, 2017, 9:58 AM

at the NBA.

or the car wash***

Jul 3, 2017, 10:45 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

problem

Jul 3, 2017, 10:07 AM

NBA has 12 players and like 80 games.
NFL has 45 players and 16 games.

The math doesnt work out. Only the stars will get paid

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

55 players in NFL and lots more coaches

Jul 3, 2017, 10:10 AM

But your logic is correct.

it's 53 players***

Jul 3, 2017, 10:44 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Ah, thanks***

Jul 3, 2017, 10:48 AM

Re: problem

Jul 3, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to problem ]

They all get paid. Even practice squad guys get paid like $300k a year to basically stay in shape and practice. Don't know about you, but I don't make that and surely spend more time at work......not playing a game that I love either

Yeah, I get where Sammy is coming from...

Jul 3, 2017, 10:22 AM

NFL players certain put their bodies on the line and it is the most popular sport. But economics is economics. He gets paid what the market will bear, which is a pretty good amount to play a game you love.

null

Re: Yeah, I get where Sammy is coming from...

Jul 3, 2017, 10:35 AM

Having said all this talk about high paid athletes and agree with the above posts. I would much rather watch an NCAA college football game anyday than watch these overpaid athletes. Just my 2 cents and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY all forum members.

Jul 3, 2017, 10:37 AM

I'm hard core college sports for me first over any sports!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2017, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Yeah, I get where Sammy is coming from... ]

If talk like that was to cause another NFL strike or lock out, I'm not sure the NFL would fully recover again. I know that I would be gone again for the rest of my life. Like I've said in another post, the amount of Clemson players now going to the NFL is what has me peeping back in now.

This is why I don't watch professional sports***

Jul 3, 2017, 10:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I take it Sammy wasn't an ECON major.***

Jul 3, 2017, 10:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Seriously?

Jul 3, 2017, 12:11 PM

The guy has been injured a bunch in the NFL and it can be argued that he has not provided very good value for the contract he was given. And he wants NFL players to make more money?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I don't care for pro players or their sports, so who

Jul 3, 2017, 12:38 PM

does Sammy play for again?

Re: Sammy Watkins thinks NFL players need to get paid more

Jul 3, 2017, 2:18 PM

Sorry Sammy, you're one of my all time favorite tigers, like top 3. Having said that, I gotta disagree with you. If you're somewhat smart with the money you make now you'll never have to work again in your life. You can dabble with real estate or stocks or whatever to make money but never real work. If you're smart with it of course. The rest of us on here will have to work 35+ years and save up and be smart with what we got and still not make a fraction of what you have made as of right now, much less in the next 5 or so years. And we work year round, not for a season. You'll be out of football one day and you'll look back and realize you had it made.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic