Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 106
| visibility 1,801

I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today

Sep 5, 2020, 9:19 PM

I was a fan of his for 20 years....not anymore.
What a shame and embarrassment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cut him some slack.

Sep 5, 2020, 9:32 PM

The dude just wants a paycheck. In this country you lose your job if you don’t bend the knee and kiss the ring of your social justice overlords.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Cut him some slack.

Sep 5, 2020, 9:39 PM

Okay but at what point do you stand up for your values and say NO, I’m drawing the line here?

People should not have to compromise all their values and belief to remain employed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2020, 10:07 PM

Oh but you do in the current state of affair in this country.

Sep 5, 2020, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Cut him some slack. ]

Okay but at what point do you stand up for your values and say NO, I’m drawing the line here?

People should not have to compromise all their values and belief to remain employed.

So you think that wasn’t genuine and he did it just to keep his job?

As if his job was ever in doubt.

Some of you people will look for any reason to dismiss real issues and vilify people for having a heart or a belief that’s different from your own. It’s really sad.

Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today

Sep 5, 2020, 9:44 PM

And you wonder why people are not watching ESPN Anymore. I don't

Kirk is Shilling to save his $2 Million $ per year Paycheck

Sep 5, 2020, 10:01 PM

He and his Family are used to a very good lifestyle in Nashville! And like most people, he doesn’t want to give that up. However, when you are promoting half truths and outright lies, you are to a degree, selling your soul for a paycheck and prestige/prominence.

Sep 5, 2020, 10:00 PM

Absolutely re-danm-diculous! Unless he was talking about the innocent children killed he was just being an SJW for felons! Stand for the Policeman that make sure your pompous A$$ makes it through the crowd. And BTW "Crying ain't allowed! Period!!!"

Sep 6, 2020, 2:40 PM

Never allowed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2020, 3:43 PM

Real tears. Get a clue.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2020, 10:03 PM

You just solidify the ignorant fan bas the CU has...

Sep 5, 2020, 10:07 PM

You just solidify the ignorant fan bas the CU has...

You haven’t been to Athens lately, have you? A combination of ingrate inbreds and nouveau Leftists from Atlanta!

Sep 5, 2020, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

Easy there Mutt. A Dawg here making fun of our fan base, calling them ignorant as he misspells the word ignorant? LOL. Hey, shouldn't you guys be looking for another QB to have transfer?

Sep 5, 2020, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

Pot calling kettle something something... might be the most ironic post on this site

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2020, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

Maybe you should go read the same stuff over on the doggy boards. Doing their share of mocking of Kirk over there.

Sep 5, 2020, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

Dear UGayFan,

What you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your asinine response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 5, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

Fields transferred because of the racism in Athens. BTW are you inbred are just stupid? I've seen three year olds that can form a sentence better than you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're going to be an asshat, stay on your own board***

Sep 6, 2020, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

Sep 6, 2020, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

You guys should probably back off. His buddy benches over 300 pounds.

Hey man...

Sep 7, 2020, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

There are plenty of us who agree with Herbstreit's comments. Don't pass blanket judgments.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sep 5, 2020, 11:01 PM

He is right though for the most part. I believe the cop did his job the best he could except he shouldn't have shot 7 times. That aside black men are pre judge by many cops. Of course crime is heavy in majority black neighborhoods so it is hard to the police to not be on edge. It is a fine line. I agree that a lot of this wouldn't happen if people would just do what the cop says and most of these things getting blown up are with people who have a criminal history as well. If you do not believe that there a cops out there that are racist and judge black males before they even get to their car though you are turning a blind eye. The police judged me though as well when I was a young pot head. I would get pulled over all the time because I have long hair and had my hat on backwards. Of course I did smoke a lot but I have been search plenty of times without probable cause and had nothing on me. It is hard to say though if you are not a cop. It is a scary job and it is hard not to think the worse especially if you are in a city full of crime. Racism is a problem tho. It is going away with each generation tho thankfully. Hopefully that continues. I know my kids will bell much better people than most of the 50+ folks out there.

Sep 6, 2020, 12:19 AM

You are right he should have just put one right in the back of the rapists POS's head.

Sep 6, 2020, 6:58 PM

So you believe police officers should have free reign to operate as executioners in this country?

Sep 7, 2020, 3:46 PM

I believe if my life is threatened I'm going to kill before I am killed. You better believe had he not been shot he would have tried to kill the officer. You idiots just don't get it do you?You sit here and defend every effing thug that breaks the law but don't say anything when a 5 year old is executed by one of those thugs. Hope you got some fire retardant clothes boys and girls because you are going to need it.

A rapist resisting arrest with a knife. You’re really

Sep 6, 2020, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

defending that guy? SMH.

Re: A rapist resisting arrest with a knife. You’re really

Sep 6, 2020, 10:42 AM

I believe he should have been shot so idk what you are talking about. I said maybe not 7 times. A cop should he a trained professional with a hand gun. It should not take 7 shots from point blank range is all. Of course that guy was wrong. You dont resist arrest and then walk to your car to get something while the police is telling you to stop with their guns drawn on you.

I bet the cop thought the same thing

Sep 6, 2020, 11:17 AM

after the 3rd, 4th, and 5th bullets didn't stop him.

This dude got shot and kept going. I would hope at that range, if the cop wanted to kill him he could have easily done so with only 2.

The fact that he shot him that many times just means he wanted him to stop and they were non-fatal on purpose.

Re: I bet the cop thought the same thing

Sep 6, 2020, 11:50 AM

True that but the 7 shots makes it look/seem worse for many I would think. It is what it is tho. That guy should have never put the cop in that situation.

this is the problem of many people- you act only on emotion

Sep 8, 2020, 12:50 AM

you react only to the visual. you do not put logic first.

people like you should leave the decision-making in society up to others.

Sep 6, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I bet the cop thought the same thing ]

Cops don't shoot to wound...Their marksmanship is less than the average CWP holder that goes to the range 4 times a year...And don't get me started on NYPD, AKA The gang that can't shoot straight.

Sep 6, 2020, 7:01 PM

That is part of the problem. They need to he trained better.

Sep 6, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: A rapist resisting arrest with a knife. You’re really ]

I had a federal judge tell me that f you are justified pulling the trigger 1 tike you are justified emptying the clip

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 6, 2020, 7:03 PM

Maybe for a civilian but I do not believe that should be the case for a police officer. Just my opinion though.

Sep 5, 2020, 11:01 PM

He is right though for the most part. I believe the cop did his job the best he could except he shouldn't have shot 7 times. That aside black men are pre judge by many cops. Of course crime is heavy in majority black neighborhoods so it is hard to the police to not be on edge. It is a fine line. I agree that a lot of this wouldn't happen if people would just do what the cop says and most of these things getting blown up are with people who have a criminal history as well. If you do not believe that there a cops out there that are racist and judge black males before they even get to their car though you are turning a blind eye. The police judged me though as well when I was a young pot head. I would get pulled over all the time because I have long hair and had my hat on backwards. Of course I did smoke a lot but I have been search plenty of times without probable cause and had nothing on me. It is hard to say though if you are not a cop. It is a scary job and it is hard not to think the worse especially if you are in a city full of crime. Racism is a problem tho. It is going away with each generation tho thankfully. Hopefully that continues. I know my kids will bell much better people than most of the 50+ folks out there.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:49 PM

Did you not watch the video? The guy got shot 4 times before he ever stopped fighting and went down. It's called drugs. If you want to defend that then so be it. You are the one that has to answer for your beliefs in the end not me. Do as you please.

Sep 5, 2020, 11:33 PM

So very embarrassing.

Glad that my last name isn't Herbstreit.

Sep 6, 2020, 12:11 AM

It’s the day we live in. I don’t agree with everything either but it’s not going away. I’m sure Clemson will do something before the game on Saturday and probably at the first home game. Be ready Tnet, As #1 team in nation and on ABC. It’s coming

Sep 6, 2020, 12:23 AM

I saw him get on TV and do a 5 minute clemson endorsement. Said he trusts Swinney to take care of his two boys and he would not want them anywhere else except for clemson during this pandemic, citing the structure, excellent doctors and health care they have access to, and knowing that Swinney is keeping this team focused and out of trouble.

So fill me in if you do not mind what else he said today that caused him to lose your respect?

Sep 6, 2020, 12:38 AM

I think it’s more of him “taking sides” that bothers the OP. He basically backed the left in many people’s eyes.

Not my opinion just probably what is probably happening

Sep 6, 2020, 10:35 AM

he works for the Disney corporation and covers a sport that is comprised of 80% black players. I am not sure what other position it would be appropriate for him to take.

I do find it cute that some posters claim to be turning their back on Clemson football due to its overt support of the BLM movement. it must be an incredibly difficult life altering decision to choose Tucker Carlson over the Football Program you have held dear for the majority of your life.

Actually Balm, I see it as choosing America over Clemson

Sep 8, 2020, 1:00 AM

and who gives a sh*t what news outlet you're b*tching about today. Your'e so pathetic with your continual derision of people who scare you with their knowledge and logic.

America is simply more important than some stupid Football game, and when the Team decided to back a pro-communist organization, they went too far.

When the Team decided to back the Lie that Police have committed routine acts of Brutality on a continual basis, even as the data doesn't support this, then they went too far again.

So here's what you can do: you can have a sport comprised of 80% Black players touting only divisive, preferential, pro-Black messaging, and with it you can have the sport shrink to 50% Black Fans as the Total Fan base continually erodes.

As far as I am concerned that works for me - I've got too much to do standing up for the ideals that made this Country the Leader of the Freedom World long before Trevor Lawrence was born.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

Fake crying over fake news. This isn't about Clemson. It is about right and wrong.He is up there pushing a narrative that exists in only the minds of deranged people. That is why he has lost most people's respect.

Sep 6, 2020, 12:30 AM

These "movements" are trying to make anyone with white skin feel guilty for something that we have had nothing to do with. Going back to 1756 when my first relative came to this country, my family we has never owned slaves. They were farmers trying to scratch out an existence. I do not judge anyone by the color of their skin, but I certainly do because of their actions. My wife's church is about 50% African-American and we have numerous black friends from there, including her Bible teacher. I'm just curious what I am supposed to change. I'll support common sense reforms in law enforcement if they are necessary ...... citizen's review boards if they are non-political and balanced, enhanced training, etc.

Why was not more pressure applied during the administration when the liberals had the White House and Congressional majority. Why did these cities run by liberal administrations make changes. The answer is simple. Because they though that by hiring a minority police chief (a woman, a black man, or a black woman) the problem was solved. In some cases they were incompetent. In other cases I suspect that they did not have the backing of the liberals who hired them or did not recognize that they had a problem. The bottom line is that there are millions and millions of police and citizen interactions per year and relatively few tragic shooting/killings, the vast majority of which are justified.

One last thought, why not wait until all of the facts are in before making judgements on the actions of police officers?

I'm sure he wishes he hadn't gotten as emotional as he did..

Sep 6, 2020, 1:20 AM

but I saw a man speaking from the heart. Whether you agree with him or not, he believes in what he said, and I have nothing for respect for that. His opinion doesn't mean he stands for rioters and looters, it just means he knows, like we all do (whether we admit it or not), that black people are treated differently in our society. There's nothing political about that statement...it's just the truth...and if he wants to use his position to help affect change, then good for him.

Re: I'm sure he wishes he hadn't gotten as emotional as he did..

Sep 7, 2020, 3:51 PM

I saw a man speaking out of fear.

Sep 6, 2020, 2:47 AM

So you disagree with him ? Ok , but you lost respect for a man who is saying what he feels and believes ?
To me , and I am probably in a minority anymore ...to me when a person speaks their mind and it is heartfelt and earnest I tend to respect them more ...whether or not I agree with the subject and their stance on the matter .
Give me honesty and meaningful things said always ...which is what I heard from Herbstreit .

DB23

Sep 6, 2020, 12:21 PM

So you disagree with him ? Ok , but you lost respect for a man who is saying what he feels and believes ?
To me , and I am probably in a minority anymore ...to me when a person speaks their mind and it is heartfelt and earnest I tend to respect them more ...whether or not I agree with the subject and their stance on the matter .
Give me honesty and meaningful things said always ...which is what I heard from Herbstreit .

Sep 6, 2020, 12:25 PM

svaughan said:

So, if someone shows heartfelt emotions in support of Looting, killing, setting things on Fire and destroying property, you respect them more because it’s heartfelt?

Sep 6, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

svaughan said:

So, if someone shows heartfelt emotions in support of Looting, killing, setting things on Fire and destroying property, you respect them more because it’s heartfelt?

Does the S in your name stand for strawman?

Sep 19, 2023, 10:18 AM

Weak sauce

Sep 6, 2020, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

No , that's not what I said and/or meant .

Not at all .
I think most people that read my statement understood it though .

DB23

there were plenty of people in 1773 who spoke against

Sep 8, 2020, 1:12 AM

the Colonies going to war with King George.

there were also plenty of people in 1939-40 who spoke against going to war with Nazi Germany.

there were also plenty of people who spoke against meeting the Chinese in the Korean fields of 1950.

and there were plenty of people who spoke against defending the freedoms of Kuwaitis against Saddam Hussein as he destroyed their country and their livelihood.

So no, I don't have respect for them at all - they're weak, not measured or patient or thoughtful. They're simply WEAK.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

Again if even one tear would have rolled down his face it might have been believable. he had to force himself to cry. The whole thing looked staged and Marxist Maria had to put her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:56 PM

Sep 6, 2020, 5:12 AM

My guess is when they went to break, he looks over at fellow announcer with a smile and goes " how was that" . Fellow announcer goes , "not bad, now give me back my bottle of visine"

Sep 6, 2020, 6:54 AM

Herbstreit is awesome. We don't have to agree with him on everything. He is a great dude though.

I like Kirk.

Sep 6, 2020, 4:31 PM

But the injustice BS doesn't belong in college football games. Political and social viewpoints should not be part of sports, nor should Americans take leads from sports personalities or athletes.

One thing is a game played by teammates from multiple backgrounds, races, and creeds. A game. The other, politics and social awareness promotion, is not.

Re: I like Kirk.

Sep 6, 2020, 4:49 PM

Too many racists with their panties in wad. Who cares...

Sep 6, 2020, 6:04 PM

Carlsbad that's a little underhanded calling people racist that disagree with you

Guy, what the heck are you talking about???

Sep 6, 2020, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Kirk. ]

If someone thinks that people shouldn't be talking about and pushing certain political and/or social viewpoints during a sporting event - then they're racists?? Please tell me that's not what you meant. I'm serious.. I need you to explain.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Kirk. ]

We really don't care that you have your panties in a wad. Wait i didn't mean to assign you a gender. I apologize.

Sep 8, 2020, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

I don't think anyone disagrees he is a great guy and knows football very well. The problem is he caved like a little ##### to probably save his job. He could have said screw you and found a job anywhere he wanted to go.

Sep 6, 2020, 7:09 AM

I have a question for everybody. If Kirk started crying for the police officers who have fallen in the line of duty would he still have a job today?

65 Police officers died in the line of duty by 6/30/2020

Sep 6, 2020, 7:26 AM

I hear NO ONE on here decrying their deaths, raising millions of dollars, and marching in the streets.

It's sad when anyone dies, including those that dedicate

Sep 6, 2020, 12:55 PM

their lives to serving others. Most are heroes...but they have a dangerous profession and know the risks. Just being a certain color shouldn't carry the same risks...that's the difference.

Ignoring police instructions takes on a lot of risk***

Sep 6, 2020, 3:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 65 Police officers died in the line of duty by 6/30/2020

Sep 6, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to 65 Police officers died in the line of duty by 6/30/2020 ]

Jesus please help us! A little background for my first post, been following Tnet for years tho cause I love my team and school. Sorry for getting long winded but just got fed up with the total BS on this site lately. My user name tells U who I am and I will say that I’m a white guy who hung out at times in school with Igwebuike and an all-American soccer player from Nigeria named Otorubio(sp?). We called him Oto. He was in the civil eng. program like me and needed lots of help and ultimately couldn’t make it, which is a shame cause he told me once “I would be treated as a HERO in my country if I return with that CE degree, not for any soccer accomplishments”. One final background note, lifelong moderate conservative in the vein of say a John McCain who believed in TRUTH, treating people with RESPECT and the principals and VALUES this country and the party were founded upon. Ok, back to my point and reply. What about the police and federal officers killed by far-right extremists that used the protests as cover. Pence mentioned a federal officer killed near Oakland and suggested that it was due to the BLM protest. What he did not say is that they arrested a far-right “Boogaloo” supporter for doing it and that he ambushed two local police officers, fatally shooting one, before being apprehended a week later. Look it up for yourself, and U will see that the internet can be used to find the TRUTH, U just have to wade thru BS like “plandemic” or some crazy as #### “Q” conspiracy theory to get there. Nowadays, truth becomes lies and lies become truths if someone repeats it enough(like "testing is causing all these Covid cases”). Total shame! For someone so interested in “LAW & ORDER” and “Blue Lives Matter”, I have a little question. Who is inciting some of the violence and not calling out the far-right? So, what about the above Blue Lives? And that was only one example and there are more and what about the 100+ Blue Lives that have been lost to Covid due to pathetic and totally inept leadership during this crisis? Not excusing the far-left as their violence tends to result in burnt property and cop cars, which results in wasted money and disrupted lives. But, U can’t replace a HUMAN LIFE. Also, so tired of hearing from “Christians” on here that so obviously can’t follow: “LOVE Thy Neighbor” but they can if U add “if they look and think EXACTLY like U”. As far as “systemic racism”, I’ll sum it all up and make it real simple, this is what it looks like to me …

IMO, this is the ultimate “why" for the race problem and I could delve deep there as to the reasons(some including policies like welfare and “the war on drugs”) but I won't. We would be much better off as a society if the black folk had gotten their much deserved “40 acres and a mule” way back when and then treated them with RESPECT as fellow human beings and Americans. To paraphrase Jesus, You will be judged as to how you treated the “least of thee”(see graph). Maybe, that judgement has occurred or is occurring in 2020. As for the election, it will be my first time voting Democratic cause it’s real simple, proven good and decent fellow versus a complete incompetent POS that does not have even one quality, principal or value that ANY human being should admire IMHO. Flame away! As for Kirk, I shed a tear with him, as any HUMAN BEING that has experienced pain should when seeing any other individual or mass group of individuals that are in PAIN, whether U fully agree with every aspect of their position or not. That said, others on ESPN have taken some things way too far and I don’t watch much anymore for what they did to another INCREDIBLE person, our much and mutually loved DABO. And yes, I did attend the BLM protest to support the team, the social justice statement and not so much the “ political movement” and when I passed any cop I saw it was “ we appreciate your service sir or ma’am”. IMO, this country needs to return to the core values and principals that made it great!

Sep 6, 2020, 3:19 PM

The best data I have been able to find says that in 2019 55 police officers died from felonious assaults in the line of duty in 2019. More died in the line of duty from car wrecks and such, but whether the real number is 65 or 55 is immaterial. The agents of the government who are authorized to kill us when they feel it necessary killed 1000 people on the street last year for crimes they had not yet been convicted of doing. That number is too large.

I really do not blame many/any of the individual officers who, acting in the line of duty, killed Americans for disobeying the police, running away, resisting arrest or reaching into their car for purposes unknown. The system sets the individual officers up for each day of duty as if they are going to war. The great majority of them are NOT going to war and I think we can get much better control of these agents of the government.

The racial aspects are a complicating aspect, but I do not think the main driver of police actions.

We have a terrible problem that we need to systematically fix. I despise the manner in which politicians and power brokers from both sides of the aisle try hard to increase their personal power and standing over the racial issue and the police issue. There are not many good sides in the issues that face us.

It makes perfect sense to me that thoughtful people are dismayed over the condition of our 'family' of Americans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2020, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: 65 Police officers died in the line of duty by 6/30/2020 ]

Far right or far left doesn't matter because they are all extremists and terrorist. I'm far common sense.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I lost a ton of respect for Kirk Herbstreit today ]

No he would have been escorted off set faster than Tom.

Sep 6, 2020, 9:45 AM

Well, that’s fine because I gain all that you lost.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 12:08 PM

I truly don’t understand some people. I think Kirk just feels deeply about this, probably because he knows more black people than most of you have ever even talked to. He probably regrets letting his emotions get the best of him, but that happens sometimes if you are an empathetic person.

If you lose respect for someone because of them speaking from the heart about an issue that we should all get emotional about, I pity you and I’m glad I don’t know you.

I’m ready for the mods to do something about these inflammatory posts/posters. Y’all need to take this chit to P&R.

AMEN NOODLE!! It's past time something is done.

Sep 6, 2020, 12:38 PM

Tnet is ruined for good otherwise. Many many well-known and respected members are not posting much of anything anymore and I can assure you this crap is the primary reason.

"I’m ready for the mods to do something about these inflammatory posts/posters. Y’all need to take this chit to P&R."

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything.

Sep 6, 2020, 1:06 PM

FWIW, probably not much, I am a conservative white Christian voter who has not voted for a democrat in the last 40 years. I am also an old man and a child of the 60s who deeply regrets the racist actions of my home state and my whole country over the largest part of our 250 or so year history.

I hate the fact as a whole society we failed to live up to the ideals of our founding documents and my Christian faith for so very long. Slavery was a terrible thing. The rigid racial apartheid of SC, my home state, for 100 years after slavery kept the black population in an untouchable caste while our families went to church every Sunday and taught our kids, me included to sing RED AND YELLOW, BLACK AND WHITE, THEY ARE PRECIOUS IN HIS SIGHT. While singing that song and knowing we should love our neighbor we sent generations of black children of God to substandard schools, to deny black adults decent jobs and to pretty much reject African Americans entirely. I remember the 50s and 60s and so in a broad sense I understand the 100+ year plight of modern black Americans. Mostly about that era, I see our white ancestors a bit like criminals guilty of crimes against humanity that many of us today just wish to forget. God doesn't seem to agree that such a path or timeline is appropriate. After all Jews still celebrate their freedom from slavery 2500+ years ago.

Our jails are full to the brim of black men who are a product of the culture we created. Our police force is a quasi-militarily equipped force we send out in the streets every day dressed for war, carrying guys, clubs, and chemicals to subdue and punish American citizens for getting out of line. And our police force is too often too violent. In 2019 police officers in America killed right at 1000 Americans on the streets.

If a person looks at who we are and is not moved to weep at least a little, I feel sorry for that cold close to dead heart and sad for such a shallow mind.

So I am good with whom Herbstreit is and the fact the reality of life in America makes him cry when he thinks about it.

Re: Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything.

Sep 6, 2020, 2:43 PM

When you say you have not voted for a Democrat in 40 years I hope that doesn’t mean you will this year? Talk about opposition to your Christian faith! I don’t think that’s what you meant but if you did good grief!!

Sep 6, 2020, 3:10 PM

So I have a question Tar, do U really think your leader is "Christian"? If so, please tell me the Christian values that he portrays on a regular basis. Can someone please say the word HYPOCRITE for me

Sep 6, 2020, 3:30 PM

Very easy question to answer. Do I think Trump is a Christian? I have no idea because I do not know the man. So, let’s just take Trump the man out of the equation and compare policies if the 2 parties. Are you really going to argue that the Democrat party of today stands for Christian values? Let’s start with the mass killing of the unborn. It’s really difficult to discuss tax rates with a “Christian Democrat” when they don’t first acknowledge that moral stain on this nation.

Sep 6, 2020, 3:38 PM

Instead of debating whether Democrats or Republicans a 'more Christian', it would be helpful if more acknowledged that none of us has the right to ever throw a stone and that demonizing the other half of America is not a good thing to do.

Sep 6, 2020, 3:47 PM

I’m not throwing stones. I was asked a direct question.

Sep 6, 2020, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

Harley, I love your point of view. U said the same general thing while I was typing out mine reply to Tardog. And we kinda said the same things above.

Sep 6, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

LOL, I like you and U make some great points. I never said I did not like some of the things he has done policy wise. As a center right GOP member all my life, I have struggled with this cause I never really liked the actual man. I voted Trump the first time and never had huge problems, except for the way he treated people including McClain, until the crisis' arrived and IMO he fell apart. Now, all I've seen is lie, lie, lie, not my fault, everybody else caused this, lie lie lie etc. And don't let him pollute your mind into thinking Dems can't be Christian also and that all are DEMONS. This is where politics went off base many years ago, he just took it up about 100 notches. To me, we are human first, Americans 2nd and political party is down the list a bit. As for the "pro life/choice" thing, whew, IDK if we need to go there. Saw a great article the other day from an Evangelical conservative that summed it up pretty well, the issue is being handled better at the state and not federal level(even his 2 SC judges voted against recently). The rates have been dropping since early 80’s and if there was ever an election that does not need to be a single issue one, ITS THIS ONE. Character first, AMERICA FIRST! Btw, I would tend to understand that a very young lady from an inner city ghetto, who's boyfriend had left her and she had no money and no job, might not want the pressure of bringing a child into that situation. But that's just me and I understand and respect your point.

Sep 6, 2020, 4:46 PM

I respect your point as well. Maybe Trump is the biggest jerk to ever live, maybe not. I do know we can not go down the road of socialism. So, if my choice is socialism or jerk I choose jerk who defends freedom and capitalism.
As for the inner city young girl who may not want the burden of a baby, I’m sorry for her inconvenience. But she does not have a God granted right to end a life. I’m not a single issue voter. I mention abortion because if another Christian can’t agree that is a big problem it’s difficult to move beyond.

Sep 6, 2020, 5:10 PM

This will be last last response to this as my rating has dropped to 90% after 6 posts in one day. I guess this is typical of today's world, even from my fellow Tiger fans. So my final word on the topic, I don't think Biden is a "socialist"(trigger word), although he has to please that side of the dem party now(not later) and who ever said he was not for freedom and capitalism. His history is center left and is a proven UNITER and not a divider, even L. Graham has had glowing things to say about him in the past which I could show U if I knew how to link it(new user). His son went from Att. General of a state to fighting in a war. Those values don't come from out of the blue and if the reports are totally true, which fully match the history of the words out of Trump's mouth, esp. on my main man and WAR HERO McCain, that would make him a "sucker" or is it "loser". I just can't go there again, we NEED TO UNITE as a country in these crazy times and I believe our current President is not interested in that whatsoever. So, love U man, but we are just gonna have to agree to disagree, and that is OK. It's called DEMOCRACY.

Sep 6, 2020, 5:24 PM

Understood. We will disagree. God bless and have a great evening.

Sep 6, 2020, 5:35 PM

Same to U my Tiger brother!

Sep 6, 2020, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

Found out how to link so here is what Senator Lindsey Graham has to say about the 2 candidates ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Xpwyd4aMM

I would think his comments on Trump may be taken with a grain of salt as this was obviously during the 2016 Republican primary. However, his comments on Biden I feel are 100% from the heart. “As GOOD a MAN as GOD ever created and the nicest person I’ve ever met in politics” are glowing comments. In short, a DECENT man. A uniter and not a divider. I also agree with LG that 2016 was “a defining moment for the Republican Party” and in choosing Trump, I feel that they have “lost the MORAL AUTHORITY to govern this great nation”. IMHO. And this from a republican myself.

Sep 8, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

Well if your rating is dropping that should probably tell you something.

Sep 6, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

And I tend to agree with you that the very progressive side, may not always have those values. But, they are still not demons.

Sep 7, 2020, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

Trump has always been publicly "pro-choice".

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Sep 7, 2020, 1:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

Nothing in his post indicated he has betrayed his Christian faith.

Sep 6, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

VERY WELL SAID SIR!!! I'm from SC also and parts of our past are, kinda like the US Covid response, EMBARRASSING!

Sep 7, 2020, 6:38 AM
21269.jpg(112.1 K)

Jeez guys, I'm having a hard time understanding the thumbs down on this post. A recent poll said that 72% of us fellow Americans are embarrassed by our Covid response. All you have to do is compare the data from most of the world. Her is a nice graph from just a few ...

On the SC thing, a HUMAN BEING that is not embarrassed by a town gathering to celebrate the lynching of a fellow human based solely on the color of their skin, who BTW is genetically 99.9% exactly like U are, is not a human that I need or really want to converse with. All this HATE for 0.1% difference. SMH!

Sep 7, 2020, 3:56 PM

I think that 72% is pissed because we were forced to shut down our businesses for this nonsense. Don't get it twisted.

Sep 7, 2020, 4:01 PM

Sep 7, 2020, 4:14 PM

You are correct. I love the guy on Youtube that goes around and asks college kids what they think of certain quotes. They get all upset and say they would never vote with someone that has those views. Then when it is revealed it is a democrat they try to defend it. You are dealing with the most pussified and uninformed generation ever. This is the generation my parents warned me about and I didn't believe them. Boy was I wrong!

God ######.

Sep 7, 2020, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

I've missed you and we need more posts from you. This post is fire, and anyone who doesn't heed every word of it is truly closing their minds.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Kirk Herbstreit did not lose anything. ]

Wow they have brainwashed you too.

Gained respect for Herbstreit

Sep 6, 2020, 2:49 PM

I loved what he said, and it reflects how I feel as well.

Sep 6, 2020, 5:11 PM

Mad because he cares for young men and their feelings and thoughts about life outside of football? I gained more respect for him, I'm glad he showed American he hurts for those who face injustices and systemic racism even if he himself doesn't face these obstacles.

Well I gained a ton of respect for him.

Sep 6, 2020, 5:21 PM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 6:37 PM

I was a fan of his for 20 years....not anymore.
What a shame and embarrassment.

I lost respect for him because he is using his platform as a football analyst on national tv to tell all of us how we should feel.

In my opinion this is no different than paying money for a concert and the artist trying to impose their political beliefs on their fan base (Dixie Chicks ~2003).

I want my sports analyst to stick to sports. Herbstreit turned into Bob Costas yesterday....

To be clear I am not questioning if his emotions were genuine or not, nor am I saying I agree or disagree with what he said.

All I am saying is keep it to college football Kirk! If I want to get preached to, I’ll park my back end on a church pew.

Hate on him, hate on Trevor.

Sep 7, 2020, 1:12 AM

It's the same message. The exact same. If you hate on this, you hate on our quarterback.

He said nothing to get upset about unless you're a racist. Period.

You're the eff'ing Racist Catadumbo

Sep 7, 2020, 2:41 AM

You haven't held the African-American Community accountable for a single thing yet.

That's Racism.

Re: You may be slightly Racist Catissmarto

Sep 7, 2020, 7:05 AM

But, me as a plain ol ordinary white cracker totally understand "reverse racism". If I had my people and culture crapped on for 400 years, I'm quite sure I might just be PISSED OFF AS ####. But, that's just me and not meant as a "white guilt" blanket statement. However, let's remember that black mom (or was it daughter?) who forgave that POS Dylan Roof(church shooter in Charleston) like the day after he was arrested. I'll admit, she's waaaaay better a person than me. And so is that mother last week who's son was shot 7 times in the back(rightfully or wrongfully, not passing total judgement but could have possibly been handled better but split second and all) when she said: Look down at the color of skin on your hand, it is BEAUTIFUL also and then she talked about praying for that cop and that our country needs to UNITE and then called for peace and calm in the city. So, seems to me they are doing just fine in the Lord's eyes IMHO and yes there is black on black crime and black on white crime and vice versa. But, nobody wants to talk about the many many many reasons they may be in that situation, see 2nd sentence of this reply. The most AMAZING WISDOM I've seen on this topic came from down under. This bloke is waaaaaaay smarter than he looks, and FUNNY also. I wish he was running for President ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrXxFR9DBjA

Peace my fellow American and Tiger Brothers and Sisters!

I am ALL FOR equatible treatment of all issues

Sep 7, 2020, 9:21 AM

I am ALL FOR Equality of the Races.

I am ALL FOR better trained Police.

I am ALL FOR holding Criminals responsible for their own behavior.

I am ALL FOR Due Process for ALL as guaranteed by the 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments to our great Constitution, but as first codified in part by the Magna Carta of the 1200's.

I am ALL FOR using Statistics in an appropriate way to lead to better understanding of how people act.

I am ALL FOR every one of OUR POLICE coming home at night to their Families in Safety and Assurance.

I am ALL FOR every one of our CITIZENS OF COLOR who support the Law also coming home at night to their Families in Safety and Assurance.

F*ck BLM. F*ck Anyone who supports them. F*ck Racists of ALL COLORS.

F*ck the Politicization of significant causes in this Country such that Emotion and Bigotry rules the discussion. THIS is UN-American. America is about Free Discourse and not Political Stylin' and Profilin'.

Re: I am ALL FOR equatible treatment of all issues

Sep 7, 2020, 9:46 AM

We finally agree.

Re: I am ALL FOR equatible treatment of all issues

Sep 7, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to I am ALL FOR equatible treatment of all issues ]

Nailed it!

Replies: 106
| visibility 1,801
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic