Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I literally am going to stop watching golf
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

I literally am going to stop watching golf

Jun 14, 2018, 2:15 PM

If they dont stop these morons from yelling every time somoen hits a shot. It is getting as bad as tennis which I no longer bother with because of the fake grunting on every shot. People need to act like adults

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I literally am going to stop watching golf

Jun 14, 2018, 2:26 PM

Well, when you have no control over alcohol consumption, that is what happens. Coot football games are a prime example. Clemson fans are much more refined.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Redneck Yanquis......***

Jun 14, 2018, 2:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 2:49 PM

I have it playing on mute on my 2nd monitor at work. Mute seems to do the trick.

And then the first monitor is obviously on Tnet where it should be.

I'm sorry but...

Jun 14, 2018, 3:26 PM

Shinnecock Hills looks like one of those lousy and poorly maintained British Open courses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Stupidly they cut down 500 trees, the wind break!***

Jun 14, 2018, 6:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry but...

Jun 14, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry but... ]

It isn't as nice as Erin Hills last year or Chambers bay but I like those style of courses.

You're being sarcastic right?***

Jun 15, 2018, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You're being sarcastic right?***

Jun 15, 2018, 6:19 PM

Never been there but it looks burnt out compared to Chambers Bay and Erin Hills. Same style of course tho it looks like. I'm just going by what I see on tv. It may be a top 5 course but I would say that is mostly because of it being challenging. It is nothing like Augusta when talking beauty.

Re: You're being sarcastic right?***

Jun 16, 2018, 10:49 PM

I was there yesterday and it’s amazing. But it did have a British open type feel in the morning with the rain.

Shinnecock is a Top 5 course in America

Jun 14, 2018, 8:45 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry but... ]

Year in and year out.

Augusta, Pine Valley, Cypress, Shinnecock are always around the top.

Yes...I know...

Jun 15, 2018, 8:25 AM

but it sure doesn't look like it right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

And it's top 7 in the world, but hey...I'm sure

Jun 15, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Shinnecock is a Top 5 course in America ]

biggie knows what he's talking about as usual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You are a shining example of how

Jun 15, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry but... ]

ignorance is bliss

Jun 14, 2018, 5:11 PM

Totally get what you’re saying. About the only one left is the Masters that has decentcy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 5:59 PM

Any links style course is horrible. Like playing in a cow pasture. Shinnecock Hills prime example.

Golf fans would tend to be some of the phoniest by nature.***

Jun 14, 2018, 5:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 6:14 PM

Golf is now like nascar. Very little excitement I don't watch either any longer.
What kills me is the Tv coverage is ALL about Tiger Woods. If he is flirting with making the cut or if he is way out of contention they follow his every shot.
Drives me nuts.
He is a has been golfer who has no morals and a druggy. There I said it.

Jun 14, 2018, 7:41 PM

Lmao dude.

Jun 14, 2018, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I literally am going to stop watching golf ]

it is not golf, its Tiger Wood.

Jun 14, 2018, 7:40 PM

Yankeys

Jun 14, 2018, 8:14 PM

How did Fox get the contract? Had to be based solely on money. Their coverage is awful. It may come as a shock to you at Fox but the group of Johnson, Thomas, and Woods is not the only group playing today.

Jun 14, 2018, 8:49 PM

In my opinion, courses like Shinnecock are what golf courses should look like. Overly watered and fertilized courses, may look nice on the TV screen, but not very true to the original intent of the game which is played over ground and not all in the air. Low running shots under the wind, balls landing short and running onto the green is the way it is meant to be played. I absolutely love Augusta, but all courses are not, and should not, be meant to be like that .... some, but not all. How many of you have actually played Shinnecock? I would bet my last dollar, that if you did, it would be one of your favorite courses.

Jun 15, 2018, 6:22 PM

The course I play was top 70 in the world in difficulty back in the 60s and 70s but from the looks of Shinnecock right now I doubt it would be a favorite. If the pros cannot break par idk if I would want to play it lol. Ofcourse the tees would be up and what not. I would love to give it a go but dang if you barely miss your ball rolls away from the green 30 yards.

Jun 15, 2018, 11:34 PM

Sounds like Red Fox, and old Ellis Maple course. It was a great course back then but needs so much repair now that it would cost more to fix it than the course is worth.

Thought this was a post about

Jun 14, 2018, 8:52 PM

Justin Thomas’s pants...or the commentators’ open worship of Dustin Johnson

Re: Thought this was a post about

Jun 15, 2018, 8:14 AM

Yep .... that too. I wonder if they could turn up the volume on the fake ball dropping in the cup sound!

Jun 15, 2018, 4:52 PM

There is actually a small wireless mike embedded in the cups to give the actual sound.

Jun 15, 2018, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Thought this was a post about ]

They should be worshipping him. He is 4 under when the rest of the field can barely stay even. Many of the best are almost 10 over.

I'm going to start watching,

Jun 15, 2018, 10:01 AM

just so I can stop watching.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Why do so many folks feel compelled to tell everyone what ..

Jun 15, 2018, 12:22 PM

They don’t like.

For the record I don’t like Lima beans.

Jun 15, 2018, 6:15 PM

How does one "literally" stop?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive