Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has the football world forgotten Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Has the football world forgotten Clemson?

Nov 11, 2019, 9:34 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-monday-after-the-college-football-world-seems-to-have-forgotten-clemson-exists-this-season/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. No they have not. Just don't want another re-match

Nov 11, 2019, 9:40 PM

I think it's Clemson fatigue actually!

Any and every reason to keep us out is what's going on. The perceived strength of the other conferences is greater than the perceived strength of the ACC. Clemson plays a bunch of ACC opponents and two SEC opponents. Not enough to satisfy those people who seem to think "their favorite team plays top 5 talented teams weekly"! Nobody does and they know it!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so much fatigue as fear.***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not so much fatigue as fear.***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:45 PM

They haven’t forgotten, they just want Clemson to go away. Not happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Fact.

Nov 11, 2019, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Not so much fatigue as fear.*** ]

Clemson destroys the SEC is best narrative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. No they have not. Just don't want another re-match

Nov 12, 2019, 6:29 AM [ in reply to No. No they have not. Just don't want another re-match ]

We havent played anyone, so they just dont know exactly what to make of us this year. They wont be surprised if we win it all though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. No they have not. Just don't want another re-match

Nov 12, 2019, 8:28 AM

I think this is very true. I'd guess that most non Clemson fans have probably barely watched more than a few minutes of most of our games this season since we really haven't had any big matchups, and most of our games are over early in the 1st half.

Fly lil' ol Clemson, fly under the radar

Nov 11, 2019, 9:45 PM

Then like the Kraken from below unleash your fury upon the world of college football and retain your crown for you are the mighty and terrible beast of vengeance.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it’s not vengeance we’re after

Nov 11, 2019, 9:47 PM

it’s a reckoning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: it’s not vengeance we’re after

Nov 11, 2019, 10:09 PM

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has the football world forgotten Clemson?

Nov 11, 2019, 9:49 PM

a good read, thanks for posting

Nov 11, 2019, 9:52 PM

CBS is all in on the SEC, so their financial interests is for the SEC to be the top conference, if Clemson is best that helps out ABC/ESPN/ACCN, never believe anything coming from CBS about Clemson

Nov 12, 2019, 7:26 AM

The article was largely complimentary of Clemson, but I am not supposed to believe it because it comes from CBS? All of these networks employ a lot of people, and none of them have everybody in lockstep if for no other reason than it would be no controversy that way. You might try reading the article before commenting next time.

Clemson is contradiction to everything ESPiN says about...

Nov 11, 2019, 9:53 PM

the SEC. We run through the ACC then run through the team which ran through the SEC. They go from making fans believe that Clemson doesn't play a difficult enough schedule to compete with 'The Big Boys,' then claim the big boys are tired because they played such a tough schedule.

They make an excuse, Clemson proves them wrong. They make a claim during regular season bs talk and Clemson makes them look like complete idiots in the postseason.

We are the proof of that exposes their hyperbole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These Joker using "out date wisdom"!

Nov 11, 2019, 10:17 PM

I think when football was 3 yards and a cloud of dust you might say: "teams from X conference aren't big enough to contend with teams from Y conference"! I may have mattered then. Then when people realized the power of speed; "oh they don't have enough speed". Wrong answer!

The vast majority look at the Clemson roster and wish they had it. In fact, they recruited a bunch of our guys. Not all b/c we do this thing called "developing talent"!
Kids with the right mental make up, frame, up side get developed into NFL caliber players. Just like Antonio Brown(2 star), JJ Watt(2 star), or Kalil Mack(2 star). The list would amaze most of you. https://www.maxpreps.com/news/0VSN5zuT0Ui5ShokEFFw8A/top-10-current-nfl-players-unranked-out-of-high-school.htm

How many big OL or DL you have can be somewhat negated. Bama got ahead of the game by having both a dominant line and dominant skill players! Fresh out the box types who can play day one on campus. Some of our guys can too; but many have to develop. I think you get something extra out of guys who end up having to develop their games slowly!

And you get people using out dated wisdom to judge what Clemson has built. Developing players who have the up side to one day meet an Alabama's physicality or an Ohio State's speed is huge. The recipe is mixed together thoughtfully and not rushed. We have kids who are RS this season who may end up being household names! The nice mix of 4 and 5 star guys gives us that luxury.
Clemson does not fit in the box they want to check so badly; and I am happy about that!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like this thread, and since we're into this Tombstone

Nov 12, 2019, 6:25 AM

mentality, all I have to say to the rest of the collegiate football world is, "SAY WHEN!" lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like this thread, and since we're into this Tombstone

Nov 12, 2019, 7:30 AM

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that we don't have any Tombstones this year.

TV ratings would say no ... its just the media that forgot***

Nov 12, 2019, 8:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic