Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know y'all are hurting.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,494

I know y'all are hurting.

Nov 8, 2020, 7:04 AM

Yep, I'm hurting too. Just not as much as y'all.

But, that was one amazing, gritty performance last night. Clemson fighting uphill the whole way. ND dominating at the LOS, both sides. The game shouldn't have been close. At least that is the way it seemed for the entire first half.

But, Clemson just wouldn't give it, wouldn't quit, wouldn't stop fighting. And, even with the horrible clock management on the last offensive possession, I thought it was going to be one totally amazing win.

Two observations, in reverse order of importance.

1. For whatever reason, the OL is not as good as anybody thought they would be when the season started. ETN is seeing what Dalvin Cook saw his entire career at FSU. More often than not getting hit behind the LOS on any running play.

2. And by far the biggest reason ND won, the injuries on defense REALLY hurt. Starting the game with 3 starters out proved to be fatal. And, with the injuries being to 3 guys who plug up the run on the inside and get after the QB, it seemed like ND was just cramming down Clemson's throat the whole first half and would continue to do so.

Hopefully, those three guys will get fully healthy for the rematch.

Yep, it hurts. But, as Dabo says, "Everything we want is still right there in front of us."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need to be able to take it

Nov 8, 2020, 7:22 AM

we played worse than the score indicated

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Yeah, if you take away all the great plays Clemson made...

Nov 8, 2020, 10:27 AM

it would be a total blowout!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lost it in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Didn't

Nov 8, 2020, 7:26 AM

make any holes, and didn't get much of a pass rush. And don't get me started on kickoff returns or the clock on that last offensive series. Injuries hurt not doubt on defense. But loved the fight of the guys that were playing. The play of DJ was amazing. He missed some stuff sure but when TL goes, the future still looks good at QB. Really need some OL work!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know y'all are hurting.

Nov 8, 2020, 7:50 AM

Pretty good analysis, IMO. We really have not had a great OL since Danny Ford was coach, and even the better ones we've had lately really were just above serviceable, and not great (just good for us, but certainly not something we could count on to get that tough yard or two when we had to have it). Been harping for years. Granted, our defense missed it's studs, and sadly our "next man up" too often wasn't quite enough. I love Clemson Football, and though this loss hurt, hopefully we get our best players healthy for the remainder of the season, and we finish leaving no doubts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Book is dang good too

Nov 8, 2020, 9:40 AM

He made is pay for those three missing starters and deserves major props. This game reminded me of watching us play the Gamecocks when Connor Shaw was QB. It would look like we had him pinned and then he would sneak away for a big run or would extend the play long enough to get someone open and make a miraculous throw.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m telling you, you just need to go ahead and

Nov 8, 2020, 9:42 AM

Change that avatar and come on over to the dark side.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 9:53 AM

Great post Bret. I'm not sure who thought the OL would be good, especially in run blocking, but what stands out in my mind were comments similar to those in the thread below. There were at least a few other threads before the season where it was said that the OL was probably going to struggle in some areas because of all the starters from last year that we lost. Maybe other folks were more optimistic, but I don't remember it.

I feel badly for the players and coaches, because they work their tails off week in and week out. They came up a little short this week, but one bright spot is that in terms of mistakes that were made, or where execution needs improvement, everyone knows exactly where they need to get better.

My mindset is, let's get back to work. While I empathize with Tiger fans who might be feeling really down right now, I'm not going to let it bring me down. I'm moving ahead. Go Tigers!

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Dunno-if-this-is-the-placebut-a-football-post-anyone-27737174#27737174

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Dunno-if-this-is-the-placebut-a-football-post-anyone-27738136#27738136

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 8, 2020, 10:05 AM

I think many people were optimistic about the offensive line going into the season because Dabo said it would be one of his best. The only concern he seemed to have was with the depth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I know y'all are hurting. ]

I think many people were optimistic about the offensive line going into the season because Dabo said it would be one of his best. The only concern he seemed to have was with the depth.

Nov 8, 2020, 3:08 PM

Understood. Thanks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 8, 2020, 9:57 AM

O Line is hot garbage. No way to sugarcoat it. We've been exposed for several games now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 8, 2020, 10:02 AM

I am not hurting at all. We have a questionable OL and we were missing 4 key starters and some other depth too. We lost with a mixed bag of players. We aren't going to win them all. We won't win a national title every year shockingly. This season is far from over. We will see how healthy we can get as it all goes on. That will define our season.

Nov 8, 2020, 3:14 PM

Thanks, and I agree. We also have to stop the ridiculous fluke “scoop and scores”. We can normally expect to see something like that every few seasons. It’s nuts that we had that in back to back games. That’s the game difference last night.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,494
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic