Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only 2 things I wish we'd done at the NC game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Only 2 things I wish we'd done at the NC game

Jan 14, 2019, 4:47 PM

I'd have loved to see CW42 get in the end zone again. But I think Dabo has too much respect for Bama to do that. But that would've been great!

Wish HR13 had had a bigger role, but, as he pretty much said, with Ross and Higgins in the game, he wasn't needed quite as much. Would've loved to have seen him make a clutch play or get in the end zone as well, though.

Other than that - well, maybe Choice ripping off a big run or scoring as well - what a seriously complete and awesome game!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know we just wanted to run out the clock on that last drive

Jan 14, 2019, 4:50 PM

but I was hoping Chase would get some normal play calls and a chance to score!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know we just wanted to run out the clock on that last drive

Jan 14, 2019, 4:55 PM

Man, Chase is such an asset for Clemson. He would be starting for most D-1 schools. Hope he gets a shot at the NFL.

Sep 8, 2013, 11:33 PM

He ain’t done here yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed! - Chase B needs some love.

Jan 14, 2019, 4:56 PM [ in reply to I know we just wanted to run out the clock on that last drive ]

He stepped up when we needed it. With our competition not up to speed this year - if we lost to Syracuse - we might not have gotten into playoffs.

I guess lots of "backups" had a lot to do with the championship. This is why we are different than other programs. Even Bama. They hardly substituted on D. In some cases - we might not have the highest ranked player - but darn good and their backup is experienced and good as well. Reload.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agreed! - Chase B needs some love.

Jan 14, 2019, 5:02 PM

Hopefully he can get some more reps next season (b/c we're blowing people out, not due to TL injuries!)

But it's nice to have someone that I think we're all pretty comfortable with - especially with our run game to back him up.

Jan 14, 2019, 4:56 PM [ in reply to I know we just wanted to run out the clock on that last drive ]

I've seen many Bama posts that have admitted that we could have scored even more had we wanted. Any other opponent and we would've been in the 50s at least. But on the biggest stage and against his alma mater, Dabo opted to take it easy on them!

Jan 14, 2019, 7:52 PM

You really think he let up because it's his alma mater???

Re: Only 2 things I wish we'd done at the NC game

Jan 14, 2019, 4:53 PM

Choice! What a player! Hope he gets a shot in the NFL.

Jan 14, 2019, 4:55 PM

Bama is going to be pissed off enough next year after this beatdown. We didn't need CW42 scoring a TD to add fuel to that fire.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mean like Bama did last year?

Jan 14, 2019, 5:11 PM

they are punk-ass priks.
they deserved every bit of the beatdown they got this year. and more. if Choice had busted it into the endzone at the end that would have been great. Bama will play like the world owes them something again next year regardless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not gonna lie; I wanted that 50 spot BAD***

Jan 14, 2019, 4:58 PM

Would have loved seeing Wilkins get the scoop & score...

Jan 14, 2019, 5:00 PM

on that sack-fumble.

Re: Would have loved seeing Wilkins get the scoop & score...

Jan 14, 2019, 5:08 PM

he tried. that's why we didn't recover.
had he dove on it we would have had an easy short field to score again.
Cle was giving him an earful about it too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 14, 2019, 5:11 PM

Its hard for Renfrow to have a bigger role when the Bama DB's are illegally pushing him out of bounds and the refs aren't flagging em for it.

Oh well, still whooped dat ### and taught em a lesson.

Jan 14, 2019, 7:24 PM

You know Hunter was the Decoy to get the other guys open. They knew Hunter could walk on water and it took every available man to cover him.

Jan 14, 2019, 7:56 PM

I think we should have punched it in at the end . Flame me if you want but laying 51 on them would have made me 110% happier … which seems almost impossible honestly .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Disagree Cap'n... Starting inside the 1, driving it for over

Jan 14, 2019, 8:31 PM

10 minutes while they couldn't stop it, and Bama knowing full well that we could score and didn't... I just think that is the kind of psychological beatdown that never goes away. Those Bama players on the D that return will already be conditioned for it next year, too..., that is if THEY make it. Already have my reservations for N.O. booked... ;~)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic