Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Premier league is back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Premier league is back

Jun 17, 2020, 11:51 AM

Premier league footy is back! What a great day. Premier league shut down after the nba too. American sports leagues are soft !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Premier league is back

Jun 17, 2020, 11:54 AM

What is premier league? Never heard of it.

Jun 17, 2020, 12:01 PM

English top flight soccer league

WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!

Jun 17, 2020, 12:02 PM

Take it to the purse swingers board. TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

im actually am very pumped about it***

Jun 17, 2020, 12:08 PM

I know soccer has millions of fans worldwide, and even tens

Jun 17, 2020, 12:52 PM

of fans in this country, but I just don't get the attraction. The players obviously have great stamina, but the game itself is dull as dirt. We had Natty caliber teams back when I attended Clemson, and the turnout for games was so low, you could easily stand on the sidelines and watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know soccer has millions of fans worldwide, and even tens

Jun 17, 2020, 6:27 PM

It is a great game imo. Some games can be boring but some football games can as well. Most MLS games a back and forth fun. Watch the Champions league when it comes on in July I believe. That is some great stuff.

No thanks, I'll be busy sitting outside watching

Jun 18, 2020, 11:59 AM

my grass grow. Then I may watch some paint dry after that, not sure yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My scenty mints Ed Zachary.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not true anymore

Jun 17, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to I know soccer has millions of fans worldwide, and even tens ]

Riggs gets pretty full for a lot of the games now and central spirit has a vocal fan group.

I’ve noticed that American coverage and analysis of the sport is lacking. Tactical analysis is so much better with the premier league coverage and has just been started to be broadcast to the US. I wonder if years of rather simplistic soccer coverage in the US led people to think of the sport as boring.

Jun 17, 2020, 6:26 PM

Yep it is pretty great to have all the major soccer leagues in Europe back in action. Maybe the Dutch league hasn't started back but I think that is about it. I'm excited about the MLS season!! Starts back in July I believe.

Belgian league and French league cancelled the rest of their seasons

Jun 17, 2020, 6:32 PM

But everyone else is coming back. The Russian premier league is even going to allow fans

Re: Belgian league and French league cancelled the rest of their seasons

Jun 17, 2020, 6:45 PM

Ah yes I haven't seen them. Watched Juv and Napoli play today. Watch a little bit of A Villa and Sheffield as well. Both scoreless and sloppy but still not boring imo. Wish I had a way to watch La Liga matches. I have espn+ for Serie A, Fox has Bundesliga, and NBC has Premier league. There is so much good soccer out there that I try to follow but can never watch.

yes. So many ways to watch in the US now

Jun 17, 2020, 6:54 PM

There’s even the English league championship on espn+ (my personal favorite league), Mexican league on fox and Univision.

So yeah it’s weird how there’s no real way to watch La Liga. Surprised no network has picked them up yet

Re: yes. So many ways to watch in the US now

Jun 17, 2020, 6:58 PM

Do you follow MLS a good bit?

yes. I used to go to Real Salt Lake games when I was in Utah***

Jun 17, 2020, 7:09 PM

Re: yes. I used to go to Real Salt Lake games when I was in Utah***

Jun 17, 2020, 7:18 PM

Awesome. Its gonna be a crazy battle in the west again this year. I started watching a few years ago. I pull for the Galaxy and Atl. Gonna be interesting to see how they do. Martinez is probably out the for year sadly and with Zlatan gone from LA.

Was worried Leeds would get screwed if they didn't

Jun 18, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to yes. So many ways to watch in the US now ]

resume play. We have a "league" here in Chs with eight of us. We pick five teams each between the EPL and EFC (who have 8 more games) but you can trade, waive and pick up teams as the year goes. I have Man City, Nottingham, Bristol City, Millwall and Stoke (had Luton to begin the year). I'm comfortably in first but there is quite a battle for second and third, which are also relevant. Got into it a few years ago. First we did just the EPL with five of us, then the EPL and La Liga with 8, but now this, which we all seem to like best.

yes. So many ways to watch in the US now

Jun 17, 2020, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Belgian league and French league cancelled the rest of their seasons ]

There’s even the English league championship on espn+ (my personal favorite league), Mexican league on fox and Univision.

So yeah it’s weird how there’s no real way to watch La Liga. Surprised no network has picked them up yet

Re: yes. So many ways to watch in the US now

Jun 18, 2020, 12:15 PM

FuboTV is one of a few spots in the US now with BeIn Sports for La Liga, Ligue 1 and Turkish Super Lig. Fubo and Fanatiz have BeIn as their lone English-language channel in their cheaper packages.

For as high a level of soccer as La Liga is, it is weird ESPN or FOX hasn’t made a serious run at it. I’m sure BeIn is paying plenty though. Hoping ESPN covers Bundesliga well when they get it this fall.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic