Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lawson's Dad and RNs Mom (and Dad). Honestly, is there
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,416

Lawson's Dad and RNs Mom (and Dad). Honestly, is there

Feb 4, 2013, 9:03 AM

something to the Cam Newton rule? (If the kid doesn't know $$$$ is changing hands, then it's "OK".)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure that defense has created a precedent.

Feb 4, 2013, 9:05 AM

That's why Lawson's dad went to Auburn twice without his son.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know it's unpopular to think this way,

Feb 4, 2013, 9:05 AM

but keep in mind you are still talking about someone's family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what. If the shoe fits...***

Feb 4, 2013, 9:07 AM

In either situation - I just can't think of a scenario where

Feb 4, 2013, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I know it's unpopular to think this way, ]

I would dictate to my sons where they went to college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dictate? No but I bet you would make your feeling known

Feb 4, 2013, 9:15 AM

I am not sure I would not do the same thing as Lawson's Dad. I would try to weed through the recruiting BS and find out where my son's best fit is and stay away from the shady con artist coaches that are all over the south. I think we are wearing our oranged colored glasses on this one. If his Dad was pushing for Clemson, he would have seen the light through the SEC darkness

Assuming all things are basically equal (Clemson=Auburn

Feb 4, 2013, 9:19 AM

=Tenn)...and the reports by Hood are true (that Lawson preferred Clemson or Tenn)...then I certainly wouldn't force my wishes on my sons. (And if CL had publically stated that he preferred Auburn, but was coming to Clemson because his Dad wanted him to - I would still think it was wrong.)

In RNs case - I would certainly at least visit or talk to the school that my son had chosen.

I agree with you in these cases, something seems weird

Feb 4, 2013, 9:39 AM

I think Lawson's Dad was very concerned with giving a certain image, the non-circus, humble recruitment. I think this lead him to favor the early choice for the sake of it being the "committed" choice, even with the coaching changes. Granted, I was upset with the defections when Dabo came in for Tommy, but that was basically the same staff, but all new like AU.

As for RN, I think that momma felt that Clemson pressured him into committing, specifically when Dad did not make the trip and I think maybe Robert did get caught up in the weekend. I do think that she was thinking about herself a great deal though in how she would be effected by his choice. That was the strangest part. It was not about him as much as her. I know some (from Grayson even)have speculated that she was paid off. I do not know, but I do know that this whole Ole Miss thing smell weird and there is just too much smoke. And as strange as it sounds, RN is about the only one in the class that does not seem all that off. The others are way worse, at least he has family there

Yeah - as a Dad, I can see the "honor your commitment" angle

Feb 4, 2013, 10:34 AM

at Auburn. But personally, the coaching change would make that commit null-and-void.

RN just has a strange family dynamic that I can't pretend to understand. Mom in Nigeria, Dad lives close by - but is not legal guardian. But as a parent, I've got to believe that I would at least look at my son's first choice...I'm sure RN told her Dabo urged him not to commit - so any rational person wouldn't hold that against him.

$Cam Newton had a family also....

Feb 4, 2013, 9:12 AM

A highly compensated family.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,416
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic